Confession: Part 2

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation of Flashback

Chanyeol and Dara separately talked to their respective company chairman.

Dara could feel her heart pounding on her chest as she made her up to Yang Hyun Suk’s office. She followed CL’s advice that she had to talk to him and she would tell him what she and Chanyeol had decided.

She hesitantly knocked on the door and let herself in. She saw that YG was already sitting on the sofa where he usually conducts serious talks.

“Dara! What are you doing here?” He seemed to have not yet been informed that she was already dating.

“Annyeaong haseyo” she greeted with a formal bow. “I have to tell you something Sajangnim. Is it a bad time?”

“No, go ahead. I have all day!” he smiled is usual cold but sincere smile. “What’s it about?” he asked when Dara sat at the sofa.

“Sajangnim, I’m dating EXO’s Park Chanyeol” she said very straightforwardly.

YG didn’t change his expression, which made Dara more nervous. “Really? Since when?”

“Last week, after the Gayo performance” she answered shakily.

“Hey relax, I’m not gonna scold you. Okay? The dating ban is already lifted and I trust your decisions Dara” he fatherly spoke. “But you know the implications of this right?”

“Wow! CL said the same thing! She really got it from you!” she brightly replied. “Anyway, yes we know it, which is why we want to reveal it immediately rather than to wait until a scandal breaks off. We really don’t want our fans to get hurt in any way.”

“That’s a very big decision coming from you Dara” he commented.

“I know, but we don’t have any choice Sajangnim” she responded.

“Does SM already know about your decision?” he asked.

“They will know today. Chanyeol is already on his way to talk to them” she answered.

“You are really serious about this, huh Dara? I haven’t seen you this serious since the day you auditioned” he smiled as he clearly remembered that day.

“I really like him, Sajangnim. I don’t want this one to just pass by” she replied.

“I know Dara. We are going to make this right. I’ll talk to the Board and get back to you on their decision. Don’t worry, I’ll persuade them since I’m so good at it” he said and then winked.

Dara smiled. She felt relieved. Sajangnim supports us.

 

“Hyung! Chanyeol hyung is going to talk to the Chairman!” Kyungsoo breathlessly stated after running to find Suho.

“What? Why?” Suho’s eyes widened.

“I think it’s about him dating” he answered.

“Why is he going there without telling me?!” he madly stated.

“Uhm… Hyung remember? You don’t like him dating Dara noona? You even shouted at him. Do you still think that he will go to you to help him talk to the chairman?” D.O. cutely reminded him.

 

Suho ran towards the Chairman’s office. He was worried that the Chairman might scold Chanyeol. He knew how bad-tempered he was, so he was relieved to find him still sitting on the waiting area outside the office.

“Yah! Chanyeol! What are you doing?!” he exclaimed.

“Hyung, I’m going to tell this to the Chairman and ask him to help us reveal this to the public. I’m going to make this right. I’ll try to lessen the people that might get hurt because I recklessly dated Dara” he sadly answered.

Suho remembered how he shouted at him. He felt mad at himself. Why couldn’t I accept it and be there for him as he makes it right? he thought. “Hey, you don’t have to do that alone. I’ll go with you inside and help you talk to Sajangnim” he replied.

“Hyung?” Chanyeol could feel tears forming on the corners of his eyes. He is not the emotional type of person, but when it comes to EXO members, he will willingly cry for them.

“I’m sorry Chanyeol-ah. I’ve been selfish. I only thought of myself and how everything may be ruined when the dating issue explodes. I’m sorry” he sincerely said.

“It’s okay hyung. I understand how you don’t want us to fall apart. You’re not selfish. You’re just worried for all of us. I am grateful for that. We always have you to remind us to always do the right thing. Hyung, I really like Dara-sshi and this is what I think is right” he responded.

“I agree with you Chanyeol, that’s why I'll go with you” he comfortingly stated.

“Thanks hyung” he smiled and hugged him.

 

They both went in when the secretary called for them.

“What are you two doing here? It’s such a surprise to see you here today since you only come here when there are issues or scandals to deal with” he laughed.

“Uhm… it’s not a scandal yet since it haven’t come out, but it will soon if we didn’t deal with it immediately” Chanyeol formally said.

The chairman’s eyes widened. “What is it this time?”

“Sajangnim, I am dating 2NE1’s Sandara. And we want to reveal it immediately to the public” he carefully uttered each word.

“What? When did this happen?” he asked.

“Last week” he answered.

“And you want to tell this to everyone?” he asked again.

“Yes, we do so that we our fans would not get hurt too much” he reasoned out.

“Does YG already know about your decision?” he inquired.

Chanyeol nodded.

“Suho? What can you say about this?” he asked the leader.

“I opposed to it at first because fans will be hurt when scandals start flying, but he is going to reveal it publicly so I think fans would be less hurt” he answered.

“You have a good point there Suho. Okay, I’m going to talk to the board and meet with YG to discuss some important details about this decision” he informed.

“Thank you Sajangnim!” they said in unison and then bowed politely to him before leaving.

 

January 9: The day before the revelation

“Hey, you okay?” Chanyeol asked Dara through the phone.

“No. I’m scared and I miss you so much…” Dara answered in a sad tone.

Since YG and SM met to discuss their dating status, they were prohibited to see each other until the radio show to avoid being caught by anyone. They were miserable but they had to endure it for their relationship, for the fans and for the other 2NE1 and EXO members.

“I miss you too…” Chanyeol replied. “But think about it, after tomorrow, we can freely see each other anywhere you want. Just name it and I’ll meet you there!” he positively said.

“Really? Anywhere?” Her tone became bright.

“Yeah, really” he responded.

“Well, that will be my additional motivation!” she stated.

“Okay, that’s good. For me, your happiness is enough to help me last one more day without seeing you” he said in a sweet, manly voice.

Dara's cheeks were flushed. She was relieved she wasn’t face-to-face with Chanyeol to witness this.

 

January 10: The day of r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter