Sweet Surprises

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan and Xiumin arrived early at the field for warm-ups. They noticed that the place was already half-filled with spectators. They were overwhelmed with the cheers they were hearing and banners they were seeing, it made them more determined to win.

Though fans have helped Luhan gather his strength, his focus was still unstable every time he tjought about what Bom might be doing that time. As a remedy, he deviated his attention to what he promised to her. She’s right. EXO will be here and also fans. I have to do my best for them and my team. You can do this Luhan!

 

After warming up, their team went back to the locker room to change into their uniform for the game. Junsu gave a few words of encouragement to them before letting them relax, 10 minutes before the game.

 

Luhan sat down at the bench with his earphones plugged on his ears. He was listening to “Give Love”, which became his favorite song after he and Bom had performed it. His alone time was interrupted when Xiumin sat beside him, fidgeting his wrist band on his hands.

“Hey Xiumin! Are you nervous?” Luhan asked.

“Nae. You?” Xiumin asked back.

“Yes! Very nervous!” he exclaimed.

“You shouldn’t be because I know you’ll do great!” he cheered.

“How can you say that when you’re so much better at playing than me?” He was suddenly confused.

“I… I…” he panicked. “Let’s go!” He stood up and went outside.

 

Luhan was weirded out by how he acted. This hyung is really not okay under pressure, he thought. But he still followed him out and then he saw him smiling like an idiot, as he described it.

"Xiumin! Are you okay? Snap out of it okay?” Luhan shook him to his senses.

“Yah! What are you doing! I’m in my right mind okay!” Xiumin pushed him away, playfully and then laughed.

“You’re weird. A minute ago you’re nervous, and now you’re laughing like there’s no tomorrow. Are you okay?” he worriedly asked but Xiumin did not reply. He was about to speak again when a towel was thrown and covered his sight. “Aish! Yah!”

 

Luhan turned to the direction to where the towel came from and to his surprise, there standing, a few feet away from him, was the only person he wanted to see that day. “Bom?” he muttered under his breathe. He began walking towards her.

 

Bom didn’t move an inch but she grinned cutely. Xiumin smiled as he watched the sweet moment that his buddy was in.

“Wh-what are you doing here?” he asked, still dazed by her presence.

“Wae? Can’t I watch your game?” she pouted.

“I… I thought we agreed that you wouldn’t watch?” he was even more confused.

“I know but I already bought my ticket days ago! I won’t let it go to a waste!” she playfully replied.

“Really? You bought a ticket without even telling me?” he surprisingly asked.

“I wanted to surprise you. I was about to tell you last night but you suddenly started worrying and telling me to not go.” She smirked. “As if you really didn’t want me to attend.”

Luhan smiled brightly and went closer to her. “Of course I want you to watch the game but…” He by wrapping his arm around her waist.

Bom awkwardly backed away so that their faces could have at least a few-inch distance. She could feel her cheeks burning. “Yah! What are you doing?! Xiumin is just behind you! Let me go!”

He laughed at her panicked expression; he thought it was cute but he still let her go.

“Luhan you are out of your mind! What if someone sees you!” she scolded him.

“Wae? You’re already here right? What else is there to hide?” he innocently answered.

“Yah! Pabo! Can’t you see my disguise? I made sure that no one will recognize me!” she exclaimed.

“I was just joking don’t get mad, okay?” he calmly said.

Xiumin walked to them and said, “Will you two lovebirds really tell me what’s going on?”

“Xiumin-sshi, annyeong!” Bom brightly greeted. “Nothing is going on.”

“Really? With all that hugging and cat fight?” he speculated.

“Nothing is really going on. We’re just friends. Luhan was the one who did that hugging thing!” she replied with a slight awkwardness in her tone.

“O-okay.” At one look, Xiumin could already tell what Bom wanted to say but when he looked at Luhan, he knew that he was clueless. That kid! Pabo! “I believe you Bom-sshi. You know I’m still hoilding on to your words.”

“Please do Xiumin-sshi” she replied.

“What are you two talking about?” Luhan asked while scratching his head.

“Nothing. Let’s go Luhan! It’s about to start!” Xiumin said to avoid more of Luhan’s questions.

“Already? Okay okay. I’ll catch up with you” he replied.

Xiumin left, leaving Bom and Luhan alone.

“Well, I should go now. Will you be alright by yourself?” he concernedly asked.

“Yes and I’m not by myself” Bom answered.

Luhan’s eyes widened. “What?! Who are you with?! Did you not tell me on purpose because you’re with a boy?!”

She giggled at his adorable fury and decided to for a while. “Well, yeah. How else could I go here?”

“Who is he? Member of Big Bang or Hi-tech? Stylist? Dongsaeng group? Or one of those models and actors under YG?! Huh?” he asked breathlessly.

Bom laughed even more. “Yah! You should have seen your face! It’s so funny! Now I know how Luhan panics.”

“Yah! How can you laugh at this situation?!” he angrily said. “Fine. Bye!” He began walking away but she stopped him by grabbing his hand.

“Of course I’m not with a guy. Well, technically…” she stated.

“Yah!” He was even more annoyed at what she said.

“Okay okay. I’m with Dara and she came because Chanyeol would be here and Chanyeol was with EXO. So technically I’m not with a man but with Dara” she calmly explained.

“Ohhh. Okay! I’m happy to hear that!” His dark mood suddenly brightened. “But don’t sitt with Chen or Kyungsoo! Okay? They get excited when you’re around!”

Bom smiled sweetly. “Okay. I won’t.”

“Good. I’ll go now” he said without freeing his hand from her grip.

“Oh nae…” She realized that she was still holding his hand and immediately let it go but Luhan caught it again and intertwined his fingers with hers. “What are you doing?” Bom shyly asked but Luhan did not answer.

He moved his face closer to hers until there was an inch of space in between. She just nervously stared into his gentle eyes.

 Luhan gently held the back of her head and went on to kiss her forehead. Bom closed her eyes. “I’ll see you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter