Confession: Part 1

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright Friday morning. The KPOP scene was peaceful since the beginning of 2014. There’s not a lot of interesting comebacks or debuts. Shows, such as music shows, variety shows, talk shows and radio shows, were airing as usual. There wasn’t anything big on news articles until this day.

 

“We have already talked about this and agreed that it would be good for us to reveal it immediately. We already thought about its consequences but, we concluded that this is the best thing to do” he slowly said.

“So she agreed with this?” Ryeowok, the radio DJ and a member of Super Junior, asked.

“Yes, she’s also doing the same at another radio show” he stated. He can feel his heart starting to beat faster than usual.

“Really? Does anyone know about this?” Shindong shockingly asked.

“Yes, all EXO members and the management of SM Entertainment” he answered formally.

“And they approved of it?” he replied.

“Yes, they did. I talked to them privately for the past week and got their approval” he responded.

“Wow! You are really serious about this huh?” Ryeowok still can't believe what he was hearing from a dongsaeng.

“Yes, I am… I mean, we are both really serious about it. We thought that if we want this to last, we should fix everything that might hinder it, starting with hurtful rumors and scandals.” His tone made it sound like Ryeowok and Shindong was talking to a very mature man.

“You know what? We, as part of the company you’re in, are very proud of you. You had the courage to come here and to reveal that! You have our full support” Shindong gladly remarked.

“Let’s not make our listeners wait. Please address the fans as you tell what you are going to tell since you are doing this for them” Ryeowok requested.

“Yes…” he cleared his throat, “…Annyeong EXO fans, I am EXO’s Park Chanyeol telling you that I fell inlove with this girl I met. Being together for weeks, I started liking her simple and innocent actions more. I couldn’t help it. She momentarily takes away all problems and makes my day brighter. I am happy with her, and I think she also is with me. We didn’t want to disappoint or make you uneasy that is why we came to this conclusion. So I’m gonna say it right here, right now, instead of letting you hear it from other people. Everyone, Me and Dara-sshi started dating 2 weeks ago, and we love each other so much. I confessed what I felt for her and felt relieved when she reciprocated it with her own feelings. I am not telling you to accept it immediately, but I hope in time, you will be happy for me. Thank you for being there for me and supporting us for almost two years. I will still love you, our fans, and nothing will change. I will still be the simple and understanding Chanyeol that you knew, but this time, I’m happier.” When he ended his confession, tears started falling from his eyes. It was tears of relief and joy. However deep inside his heart he was worried and afraid at how their fans are going to react to this.

 

Flashback

December 25: The day when Bom was rushed to the hospital.

Dara and Chaerin walked Kris, Luhan and Chanyeol outside the hospital to thank them and bid them goodbye. They had to get back to YG building to resume the practice, which was interrupted when Bom suddenly fainted on Luhan’s shoulders.

 

When the other three headed for Kris’ car and Dara was about to follow, Chanyeol gently pulled her from the wrist, to a more unnoticeable place.

“Wae?” Dara confusedly asked. “What are we doing here?”

Chanyeol hesitantly held her hand and said, “I know that things are chaotic right now. There’s practice, the presentation tomorrow and now Bom noona is in the hospital. It’s like we don’t have the right to have fun, but I don’t want you to miss celebrating Christmas.” He started reach something on the pocket of his jacket.

“It’s okay. I have been missing it since the day I became a trainee. It’s either we have practice, a music show to attend to or a concert. But it’s okay I got to spend it with 2NE1” she stated while he kept on looking for something.

Chanyeol let the brightest smile that Dara has ever seen him do. He cutely shook his head and said, “I won’t let it.” He handed her a small box-shaped object wrapped in pink glitter and a white ribbon.

“What is this?” she said while tracing her fingers on the small present.

“Open it” he said while getting jumpy.

Dara unknotted the ribbon and slowly removed the pink wrapper. When the box was opened, she was able to pull out a gold necklace with a fire pendant. She smiled thankfully at him. “Thanks. But why a fire pendant?”

“You know that all EXO members have super powers right?” he started.

“Oh yeah! I remember you telling me that. And you’re power is fire!” she said.

“You’re right!” he snapped.

“But I still don’t get it!” she replied.

Chanyeol always like it when she looks confused. It makes her cuter. “It means that I’m giving my power to you. So I’ll only have it when I’m with you. You’re part of me now.”

Dara thought that she should cringe by his words; she knew it was too corny. However, her heart started beating fasr and her cheeks starting to turn red; good thing it was dark, he couldn’t notice it. “Thanks. I’ll put it on now.”

“I’ll help you.” He took the necklace from her went went behind her.

While he was hooking the necklace on her neck, Dara said, “I didn’t get you any. Sorry.”

“It’s okay” he replied and then smiled sheepishly.

 

Both of them went out often before that. They ate at uncrowded restaurants, hang out at a mall, and watch a movie and they even went to the amusement park one night. 

 

“What should I do? I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter