Another Chance

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed since the filming of Idol Dream Stage. EXO and 2NE1 were back to doing their usual group activities. Both groups were done with their promotions and they are on vacation until preparations for the year-end shows.

 

“Hyung! Do you know what day is today?” Chen excitedly asked Xiumin.

“Yah! Is that today? The… you know…” Xiumin replied.

“Oh yes! That’s today right? OMO! I almost forgot about that!” Suho butted in.

They were excited. Even the other members who heard this made them feel jumpy, except for the maknae who was sitting at the corner of the living room. Sehun looked puzzled. He was trying to think hardly of what is today.

 

In another dormitory in Seoul, 3 girls were also excitedly chatting about what was going to happen today.

“I’m so excited for tonight. Good thing we don’t have anything to do right now.” Dara stated.

“Yes! We could stay at the dorm all day! Kyaaa! I’m so excited. How about you Chaerin-ah?” Bom asked.

“Hmm.. I’m okay with it. It was out first time doing that so… yeah” CL replied.

“Yah! That’s an understatement of what you are feeling. Okay? I saw you marked this day on the calendar!” Bom jokingly retorted, while Dara nodded with agreement.

CL laughed. “Okay okay. I’m excited! Very excited!” She revealed. She threw her hand up and danced comically.

They laughed.

Minzy who was sitting beside them said, “Yah! Unnies! I was waiting for you to say what is going to happen today?! And yet you ended up dancing! What is today?!” Minzy irritatedly said.

They laughed so hard.

“Oh Minji… Kyeopta! How could you forget?” Dara exclaimed.

 

Oh maknaes. How can they be so forgetful? Today will be the airing of the first episode of Idol Dream Stage, which they filmed a week ago.

 

10 minutes before 9pm, EXO had just finished dinner and the eldest members were cleaning the kitchen and dining room.  The ’93 line up to the maknae were already gathered in front of the television, tuned in on SBS.

“Waa! Look at those boys, already drooling in front of the TV!” Luhan commented.

“As if you won’t do that later,” Kris retorted.

“What? Speak for yourself duizhang!” he jokingly replied and hit Kris with the towel.

“Yah!” Kris shouted.

“Hey! If you two don’t finish immediately, you’ll have to miss the show. Okay?” Suho threatened.

“Yes leader-sshi…” They answered like kids being scolded by their mom.

Chanyeol who was washing the dishes felt his phone vibrate on his pocket. He immediately took it out and hung his mouth open upon seeing who the message was from.

Annyeong Big Ears!

We’re already in front of the TV waiting for the show.

How about you guys?

From: Small Face-sshi

He was smiling while typing his reply, and when he pressed send, he was felt satisfied.

Annyeong Small Face Dara-sshi.

The youngsters already have their eyes glued on the TV.

Suho made the older ones clean.

Argh! He is biased to the maknaes.

He loves them too much!

After a minute, Chanyeol’s phone vibrated again.

LOL! That’s how CL is. She loves Minji too much.

But I guess that’s how leaders were made to act.

They feel so much affection to the young ones.

The older ones are nice though, they take care of the maknaes well.

From: Small Face-sshi

Chanyeol replied once more before the show started.

 

It was already 9pm and the beginning credits for Idol Dream Stage were already on.

“Here it goes” CL excitedly said.

Both groups watched the show that night. The awkwardness between them made them laugh and feel embarrassed. They were still amazed at how they were brought together for that show.

When the part where they had to choose their ideal person started, some felt happy as memories of them being chosen flashed to their minds, while others felt envious of them.

Kris who was sitting at the very back was watching intently when it was CL’s turn to choose. He closely looked at her expressions and felt very attracted to her.

 

CL was again amazed at how Kris performed his rap solo. She felt her cheeks getting hot as she remembered how he looked to her.

 

After the show, everyone was psyched. They were happy that they all did a good job.

Yah! We came out well huh?, Chanyeol sent the message to Dara.

After a few minutes, she replies, Yes we did!And everyone did a good job!

 

The next morning, 2NE1 was woken up by their manager who was panicky pacing around the living room. CL was the first one to get up since she is the leader and felt concerned at what’s happening.

When she stepped out of her room, she saw their manager feeling uneasy. “Manager Oppa? What’s the matter? Did anything happen?” she worriedly asked.

“Yes! Kindly tell the others to gather here immediately. I need to talk to all of you” he seriously replied.

CL rushed into each member’s room to tell them what their manager said. In less than 5 minutes, all four of them were already seated anxiously on the living room.

“So? What happened?” CL asked.

“Last night, your episode was aired right?” their Manager started.

“Yes, did something bad happen?” Minji was already feeling restless.

“Well, we thought that since it will be aired at night only a few will be able to watch it” he said, “but guess what?”

“What?” Dara seriously responded.

“The show’s ratings hit the roof! A lot of people were tuned in last night. It was the highest rating in a show that SBS had ever received!” he exclaimed.

“What? Really? Waaa!” Bom was awestruck.

The others were smiling at what they heard.

“We’re very happy to hear that oppa! But why do you look worried?” CL suddenly shifted the mood.

“Uhm.. well.. you know… you’re 2NE1 and they’re EXO. And not everyone liked that combination. Some actually hated it. I checked the site of SBS and saw that there were a lot of hate comments towards you 4. That bothered me and made me feel sad.” He finally revelead. He sulked on is seat.

They smiled at him. They knew how concerned their manager is to them. CL went and hugged him. The other members followed.

“Oppa, forget about the hate comments okay? We’re happy that we did that show and we’re happy with the positive results so you should be happy too” Minji comfortingly said.

Their manager smiled at them and that day they ordered a lot of food to celebrate.

 

Sehun was browsing portal sites and felt ecstatic to see that 2NEXO was the number 1 tope searched. “Yah! Kai! Look at this! We’re on the top search with 2NE1!”

Kai went and looked at Sehun’s phone. “Yah! We really are. Let’s look at it and see what they are saying.”

Both of them were reading the comments and felt disappointed at what they saw.

XXexostan: How could this show bring 2NE1 together with EXO, how hateful!

exoticangel: Kai! Don’t look at her like that! She’s an ugly !

Foreverwithexo: I don’t like how 2NE1’s maknae acted! Making Xiumin hope that she would choose her and then suddenly going to Kai? That’s how es act!

KRIStin: I hate 2NE1 especially CL. Why did she choose Kris? He is way out of her league!

smfan01: Really?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter