Fabricated Truth

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DISCLAIMER: Parts of this Chapter is based on real-life issues and I disclaim any materials used on those parts.

2NE1 was in the middle of their tour that time. They had just finished their schedules in Korea and they were headed to Japan next. They were so busy that not any one of the girls had talked with EXO for 3 weeks already.

Chanyeol missed Dara so much and she also felt the same. Kris felt like it was ages since he have talked to CL. However CL kept on denying that she actually wanted to see him. Kai, Sehun and Taemin did not talk after that day with Minzy at SM building. Lastly, Luhan was dying to see Bom.

While waiting at the airport, Bom had time to check her messages and she saw that most of them were Luhan’s.

It’s today right? You’re going to Japan? Have a safe flight!

Take care of yourself. Don’t get tired too much.

I know there’s a lot of good –looking guys in Japan but I hope you wouldn’t look at them too much and forget me so easily!

I’ll see you when you get back, right?

Bom was smiling the whole time she was reading his messages. She felt bad and touched at the same time so she decided to send a message for him.

Aigoo! Why do you always worry when I will be around boys? Don’t you know that there are so many of them that look better than you? And yet look who is reading this message right now.

I’ll be in Japan for a while. See you soon when we get back. Bye for now Luhan.

 

When Luhan read her message, he was extremely happy that his good mood did not escape Xiumin’s curiosity. “Lu-ge, what’s up with you? You seem to be in such a good mood!”

“Nothing. I mean I was just reading a message” he carefully answered.

He raised his eyebrows. “Let me guess, Bom’s message?” Luhan blushed at the mention of her name. Xiumin smiled at his obvious reaction. “I knew it. I’m right! But Lu-ge, what are you two really? Are you officially dating?”

Luhan bit his lower lip as he thought of the right answer. “No, not officially. As of now, we treat each other as close friends.”

“Close friends? Are you kidding? You can be very sweet to one another and yet you’re just friends. And have you asked yourself whether you’ll like that to stay at that or is she contented to be that only?” he calmly stated.

Luhan was suddenly confused. “What do you mean?”

“Okay let me get to the point. Aren’t you going to officially ask her as your girlfriend?” he replied.

“I still haven’t given thought on that, not with all the issues and problems that had been going around” he honestly answered.

“I think you should think about it now. Bom may be okay with it for a while but people get tired too. You’re gonna regret it” Xiumin advised.

“What do you mean? I don’t understand” he replied.

“Aigoo! Okay let me put it simply. Ask her to be your girlfriend, now or continue being an unofficial couple and regret losing her in the future” he firmly said.

Luhan’s eyes widened. “I-if you put it that simply, I’m suddenly scared of the future” he sadly stated.

“Well if you are, then go and do something about it!” he exclaimed. “A pretty girl like her won’t hover with you for so long since she has a lot of options!”

“Options? Xiumin, if that’s what you’re afraid of then stop. Like she said, although she had a lot of options, I'm still the only one who get to read messages from her” he proudly said.

“Okay Lu-ge. Suit yourself. Just don’t forget I have warned you” Xiumin chanted.

Although on the outside Luhan looked nonchalant at what his best friend said, he was actually trembling inside.

 2NE1 was able to properly conduct their concert in Japan. They had to stay there for a month so as to avoid flying back and forth to Korea and Japan.  They were having a good time there, exploring the place in between schedules and standing on stage with a lot of fans cheering for them during concerts.

Meanwhile in Korea, the peaceful entertainment industry was suddenly shaken when an exclusive report by Segye Ilbo came out revealing that Bom had attempted to smuggle drugs in Korea. The nation in general were outraged that a case like hers has been dismissed 4 years ago. They all wanted explanation.

 

“What the?! Luhan hyung! Come here! Hurry!” Kyungsoo called from the living room.

“What? What?!” Luhan panicky ran. “What is it Kyungsoo?!”

He blankly pointed at the news he was watching while Luhan slowly turned his head to see what he was blabbering about. His mouth instantly hanged open when he saw the caption below, 2NE1’s Park Bom smuggled narcotic amphetamines in 2010. Court dismissed the case. He intently watched the news, wanting to know the details. He felt his blood boil and he started to tremble in anger. “HOW CAN THEY SPREAD RUMORS LIKE THAT?!”

“Hyung, I think it’s not a rumor” the younger said.

Luhan glared at him. “You don’t know anything so just shut up Kyungsoo!” He did not mean to shout at D.O. but his uncontrollable anger made him really unstable. He felt bad for him so he stormed to his room and slammed the door behind him.

 

Suho and Kai went to the living room after hearing Luhan’s rage.

“What’s the matter? What happened?” Suho worriedly asked the flustered Kyungsoo.

“I… I didn’t mean anything bad but I think the news is real” he sadly replied.

Kai put his arm across Kyungsoo’s back to comfort him as they all watch the rest of the news.

Luhan was lying on his bed frustratingly reading each news about Bom. He was also reading the netizens reactions and comments on the issue and most of it made him mad. They were all saying that because she was a celebrity, they gave her special treatment but Luhan knew that wasn’t the case so he opposed to every person saying that she was at fault.

 

He tried calling Bom but her phone could not be contacted. He closed his eyes and bit his lower lip. I hope you don’t read this. Please be okay Bom.

Luhan wished too late, because at that time, Bom was already on her way back to Korea in a flight that no one, except for her manager and Mr. YG, knew. She arrived at Incheon Airport after a short flight and was secretly transferred to a van headed to YG building.

 

When she arrived, she rushed to YG’s office. The tears she was holding since she saw the news up to her arrival, suddenly fell uncontrollably. She sobbed as she hopelessly stared at her CEO. “Eotteokhe?” She fell on the floor crying. Everything was just too much for the weak Bom to handle.

YG came to her side and hugged her. He was like a father comforting his daughter. “I’ll make a personal statement. You don’t have to speak about it if you don’t want to. I’ll handle this Bom. I’ll make sure that they will understand. I’ll make it go away” he said.

After an hour, Bom still hasn’t stop crying. She cried even more when she read YG’s letter, explaining the situation to everyone concerned.

 

Hello, this is Yang Hyun Suk.

I wanted to explain about the report of misunderstanding that had suddenly spread yesterday night.

Why is this being explained through Yang Hyun Suk's letter and not as an official YG statement?

To be accurate, the content in the article was something that happened 4 years ago, and something that I was first told of then when Park Bom's parents came to us and told us that they had been investigated, and also about a shocking incident Bom had experienced in the past and her medical history. So until all this, all of YG as well as the 2NE1 members had no knowledge of this.

That's why I thought that rather than to have YG, which doesn't really know the situation, release an official statement, it is better for me, who directly heard of all this [from Bom's parents], to tell you about it.

Your feelings about the article as a producer?

If you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter