Oh Maknaes: Part 1

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jonginie…” called his mother.

“Eomma! Don’t call me like that. I told you it was okay when I’m still young, but I’m older now, and I’m an idol” he complained.

“Aigoo! I’m you eomma! No matter who you are now, you will still be my son, and I will call you any name I want!” she lovingly argued. “So Jongingie, I have to go somewhere today and you noona will also be leaving the house. No one else will be left to take care of your babies” she stated.

“It’s okay. I’ll just take my babies to work. The people there love them” he excitedly answered.

“Okay. Be good and don’t push yourself too much, Jonginie!” she reminded before giving him a sloppy kiss on his cheeks.

“Eomma!” he complained while wiping his cheeks.

 

When EXO’s van arrived, Kai chaotically put lead his dogs inside.

“Aish! You guys, stop being so jumpy!” he complained.

 

They went to pick up Sehun on the way.

“Yo Sehun!” he greeted.

“Yo!” the maknae greeted back. He was acting cool but his expression softened when he saw Kai’s three excited dogs. “Hey Kai’s babies! How are you?” he cooed.

They played with them non-stop.

 

Minji was putting on BB cream as 2NE1’s van parks in front of SM building. After, she began grabbing her things and putting it inside her bag.

When she was about to go out, she saw EXO’s van already approaching. She waited until they were out of their van. Her eyes widened when she saw three adorable dogs jump out of the car.

Without second thought, she hopped out and ran towards the place where the other van had parked.

“Kyaa! So cuuuute!” she exclaimed as she picked up one of them and hugged it.

Kai just got out of the van and saw that Minzy was already playing with his dogs. He smiled unknowingly, not because his dogs impressed her, but because she was so cute playing with them.

“Minzy-sshi, I didn’t know you like dogs?” said Sehun who was right behind Kai.

She looked up at him and said, “Of course I love dogs. Are they yours?

He shook his head in reply. “It’s Kai’s” he mumbled.

She shifted her look towards Kai. “So what are their names?” she excitedly asked.

“That’s Jjanggu, Jjangah and this big girl…” he carried the biggest one of them, “…is Monggu” he said before kissing it.

Minzy smiled. She thought it was cute. “You look like an Appa, now” she joked.

“Why? I’m really their Appa” he gladly replied.

 

Going inside, Kai had Monggu on his arms while he was tugging on Jjangu’s leash.

Minzy volunteered to bring Jjangah, who is now her favorite dog. She kept on laughing everytime it her because it was quite ticklish. Kai was laughing at her reaction.

Behind them was an unamused Sehun, who kept on glaring at both of them. His arms were tightly crossed, as he slowly followed.

 

They reached SM Town lounge which is, as the name suggests, a place where everyone hung out.

A very loud, “Awww…” was heard when the young ones went in with three adorable dogs with them.

“Don’t Minzy and Kai carrying the dogs make it cuter?” Leeteuk commented while everyone laughed.

“Jjanggu-ah, I missed you” said Krystal who came running towards the dog to carry it.

“Yo Kai!” greeted his bestfriend.

“Taemin! You’re already back! I didn’t know you’d be here” he replied.

Taemin noticed the girl feeling awkward beside him. He politely bowed and greeted, “Annyeong Minzy-sshi!”

She shyly smiled back.

“Yah, I thought all the awkwardness will be gone. We promised, right? Before we part ways after the holloween performance?” he reminded her.

“Oh yes. I know that. Sorry. I’m just no yet used to it Taemin…” she hesitated.

He gave her a skeptic look.

“…oppa” she heavily exhaled in relief.

“What was that?” Kai jokingly growled.

“We agreed that she won’t act formal with me anymore and she will start calling me ‘oppa’ since I’m older than her” he proudly stated.

“Tss…” he expressed before punching him at his arms.

 

They had to leave the dogs there to proceed with practicing.

 

Sehun and Minzy was the first to practice. Since it was a freestyle dance, both of them already knew what they were doing. Only a few more polishing and they’re already. True enough, they were able to practice the whole routine 10 times within 2 hours.

The whole time, Kai was busy warming up on his own. He had his earphones on as he danced to his warm-up songs which are EXO’s Baby Don’t Cry, Christmas Day and Growl. After his warm up, he sat down and started playing on his phone. He just ignored the two others.

Minzy let out an exhausted sigh as she sat on a chair to rest. “I think we’re almost done” she gladly commented.

“Really, you think so?” asked Sehun who was sitting a few feet away.

“Yeah, just a little more practice and we’re almost perfect” she replied.

Sehun smiled because her words assured him.

 

Knock! Knock! they heard. And Minho appeared on the door. “Hey, we’re having lunch outside! Let’s go!” he offered.

“Yes! An early lunch. Let’s go!” Sehun stood up but Minzy stayed sitted. “Let’s go. Aren’t you going to eat?”

She slowly turned to the boy sitting at the far end of the room and back at the boy in front of her. “I think Kai-sshi is not gonna eat yet. I guess we’ll start practice first. We still have a lot to do” she stated.

Sehun didn’t have any choice. He already agreed to eat with the others so he unwillingly walked away. Just the thought of Kai and Minzy left alone made him want to stay, but he has to be a good hoobae.

“Sehun will go Minho oppa. Kai and I will start practicing” she called and politely bowed at her sunbae.

 

When they left, Minzy started walking towards Kai.

“I guessed that you wouldn’t eat first because you want to practice immediately. Am I wrong?” she asked him.

“You guessed just right” he replied. Then, he stood up to turn on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter