Surprises

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the three 2NE1 members flew back to Korea after their concert in China, they were met with a lot of Blackjacks cheering, giving them gifts and taking pictures with them. They were so busy waving and smiling at them.

 

Bom was surprised when her phone suddenly vibrated. She looked at it and saw that the caller was no other than EXO’s Luhan. She didn’t answer because they were in a middle of a crowd and she’s afraid that someone might overhear. But he kept on calling and calling until she couldn’t tolerate it anymore. She hit the answer button and didn’t speak.

“Welcome back Park Bom-sshi” Luhan said in his most manly tone that Bom ever heard. She smiled and replied, “What’s with your voice?”

“Nothing. I just want you to be shaken” he answered so innocently.

“Sorry Luhan. I’m not shaken at all” she retorted.

“Oh, that’s only the beginning” he said.

“What do you mean?” Bom became confused at his words but Luhan did not reply until they were outside the airport. “Look to your far left” he instructed.

When Bom did, she suddenly gasped because standing 20 feet away from her was a boy looking intently at her direction. She tried to adjust her sight by blinking many times but who she was seeing was indeed the person she was talking with right now. There standing beside EXO’s van was Luhan.

“Yah! Eotteokhe! What are you doing here?” Bom panicky said. She had to lower her voice so that people won’t hear.

“I came to see you. I was extremely depressed the past few days because I couldn’t even go to my hometown to watch you concert” he answered naturally.

“Yah! That is not a perfect excuse to go to this place! People might see you!” she worriedly replied.

“I tried my best to come here and yet you don’t even show a hint of appreciation. Ugh! It hurts my fragile heart!” He joked and pretentiously held his chest as if easing the pain.

“Yah! Luhan! Stop acting up, okay? Of course I’m happy to see you but we are both in the wrong place at the wrong time. Please go back inside the van and drive away? I’ll just see you soon” she begged.

“Wae? I’m already here. It’s such a waste if I don’t get to see you up close” he reasoned out.

 

Luhan’s next move made Bom’s eyes almost pop out of its sockets. She saw him take a few slow steps forward to approach her. “Yah! Yah! Luhan! Stop it! Do you understand? If you take one more step forward I’ll surely kill you!” she cutely threatened while she panicked.

Luhan satisfyingly smiled at her reaction. “You should’ve seen your reaction! Waaa! It’s so cute!” he said while laughing.

Bom’s fast-beating heart raced even more as his laughs were heard through the speaker. Aish! How could I be mad at this guy when he laughs so innocently!, she thought frustratingly. “Are you happy now? Huh? So you can take your leave, please” she begged once more.

“Okay okay. Fine” he bitterly answered. “Aish! I still feel sad that I don’t get close to you. Anyway, go home safely. See you soon” he said.

“Bye Luhan. See you” Bom replied before hanging up.

The truth is, she wanted to see him up close too but due to the circumstances, she had to brush off the urge to run to him. But she was happy to see him again. Staying in Luhan’s hometown for a few days, without communication, was surprisingly miserable for her. Days there felt like years for her and also for Luhan.

She watched as he grumpily walked away towards his van.

 

“Where do you think they’re headed? Dorm?” Luhan asked his manager, who was driving that time.

“Yeah, I think so” he answered.

“That's our next destination then” he happily said.

 

In just a few minutes, they were able to reach 2NE1’s dormitory. Luhan let out a sigh of relief seeing that no cars were parked yet meaning the girls haven’t arrived. He asked his manager to park just beside the entrance and they waited.

 

They waited until it was dawn. “Luhan, I think they’re not coming. Let’s just go home and call it a day” his manager said.

“Aniyo hyung! What if they just had dinner? Let’s wait more” he enthusiastically said.

 

When it was dark, Luhan stepped out of the van and walked around to distract himself. He sat on the sidewalk, rested his head in between his knees and closed his eyes.

He saw Park Bom flashed her dreamy smile at him, that is very contagious and which Luhan love so much. He smiled back...

He was suddenly interrupted when he heard his manager’s voice above him. “Yah! Luhan! Wake up. We’re going home!” he firmly said.  When he lifted his head up he was surprised to see his manager looking down at him. What? It was just a dream?, he sadly realized. “Hyung? What time is it?”

“It’s 2am Luhan for godsake! Let’s go home!” he grumpily answered.

“What really?” His eyes widened and he wondered how long was he sleeping in the sidewalk. “Wait hyung” he said before dialing Bom’s phone number.

“Hello?” a very sleepy Bom answered the other line. She sounded like she was already asleep before he called. “Bommie, where are you?” he asked. “At home. Yah! Luhan why are you calling at 2am in the morning?! I’m tired okay. Please let me sleep” she said in an adorable bedroom voice.

“Okay okay. Mianhe. Sleep well” Luhan bid. “Bye. Get some sleep okay?” Bom replied before hanging up. Luhan silently stood up and went back to the van. His manager said nothing anymore after noticing his gloomy expression.

 

The next day, 2NE1 went straight to YG building for an important me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter