The Most Awaited

Life of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And the day came when EXO and 2NE1 had to show their whole performance to YG and SM. They even invited some of their sunbaes to comment on what they had prepared. It sounded like it was a big deal to both companies, and it really is. It’s the first time EVER that YG and SM will have a collaboration that’s why they wanted it to be perfect.

Famous idols from YG are Big Bang’s Taeyang and GD, se7en, PSY, Sean and Teddy, and from SM are Super Junior’s Leeteuk, Siwon and Henry, Shinee’s Jonghyun and Taemin, and SNSD’s Tiffany, Taeyeon and Jessica. It was indeed the most nerve-wrecking performance yet for the two idol groups but they know that the actual Gayo will be scarier.

 

“Waaa! Have you seen all of our sunbaes settled at the practice room? They’re scary!” Tao exclaimed.

“I know! I passed by there and they look like they’re going to punish us!” Chen added.

“Hey! You two don’t talk like that, not only you’re making yourselves more nervous but you’re making everyone here freak out” Suho gestured to the chaotic room they were in.

 

“Hey, you alright?” Dara went near Luhan with Chanyeol behind her.

“Yeah hyung, I’ve noticed you’re down since you woke up” Chanyeol stated.

“I’m not fine. I can’t perform Give Love alone. Yeah, I know Bom’s still sick, but it’s embarrassing when I do it alone. Bom is the one making it likeable” Luhan complained.

“You’ll be fine Luhan. I’m sure you can do it! Just relax and breathe in then breathe out. ‘kay?” Dara comforted him.

He replied with a nod.

 

Minzy sat at the corner as she restlessly bites her fingers.

“Hey, don’t be nervous okay?” Kai patted her shoulder and sat beside her.

“I’m not like you Kai. I’m not confident. I always make mistakes in front of an audience.” She recalled the times when she messed up during their performances in music shows. She slowly put her head down as she remembered how embarrassing it was.

“Hey look at me” Kai firmly said. “You’ll do great. And if ever you mess up today, I promise you that I’ll be there after to laugh it off with you” he assured as he looked sincerely to her eyes.

Minzy felt her heart beat getting faster. Is it from nervousness? Or is it because of how Kai’s eyes met hers?

Not far from them, another boy was jealously watching as they made eye contact to each other. “Aish! I would never have a chance!”

 

“Everyone make a big circle!” Kris authoritatively called.

When everyone was included in the circle, Suho began speaking. “Everyone, this may not yet be the Gayo, but this is very important. Our company presidents, managers and sunbaes are here. We don’t want to let them down.”

“Yeah. I agree with Suho-sshi. They’re expecting too much from us. Always keep in mind that we are not performing to impress them, but we are going there to do our best. Okay?” CL stated.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“YES!”  a girl who just came in shouted.

They were all startled and broke-off the circle to see who said it, and a smile appeared on their faces as they look at a brighter and healthier Bom.

“Unnie!” CL said before hugging her. Dara and Minzy followed to hug her too.

“Are you sure you’re okay to perform?” Dara examined her after detaching from the hug.

“I’ve never been better! I can do this!” she positively replied.

They were all happy that they are doing this without any absentees.

 

Luhan hesitantly walked towards her. “Are you really okay?” He was hiding the smile that is trying to break off on his face. He felt so relieved to have her here. The courage and enthusiasm to perform Give Love came back to him just by standing near her. He liked it so much.

“Yeah, how many times do I have to repeat myself to assure all of you that…. I AM FINE!” she pouted cutely.

“Okay okay! I believe you. Just don’t push your voice too much, okay?” He was worried that she might tire herself out again.

“Yes… Sir!” she said and then giggled.

 

The room was already filled up and EXO and 2NE1 were ready to perform. And as they practiced, CL, Kris and Tao went out first. They did very well on their rap performance. GD, YG and Teddy enjoyed it a lot.

“Wow! These two EXO members are great! I was surprised they can level with our Chaerin!” GD whispered to Teddy.

“I know right? They are like a one perfect group!” he replied.

 

After the short rap, Baekhyun and Suho stepped in to perform their song.

GD smiled sheepishly when he heard his song being sang by three amazing performers. Everyone else was mesmerized at how they made a rap song to a wonderful ballad.

 

The next to perform was Dara and Lay. Taeyang smiled when he heard his song play. He felt proud that his hoobaes chose his song. They passionately danced and sang to I Need A Girl. They didn’t fail to impress everyone.

Then, Chanyeol came in to perform Hello. Again, GD smiled satisfyingly when the song played. Both of them happily performed the song. They were both full of energy and their bright expressions added to the right feeling for the song.

 

The next up was Minzy’s group. She started the hip hop dance with Xiumin. It was flawless. 

It was followed by her freestyle dance with Sehun. The whole time they were performing, he kept on avoiding her eyes. After the day he confessed to Dara how he felt, he couldn’t look naturally at her. It’s either his heart will beat faster or his cheeks will turn red. He always felt like that when she’s around. However, they still pulled off a great dance number.

The last to perform with Minzy was Kai. When the intro of the song played, everyone’s jaw dropped. They didn’t expect such young people to be doing this concept, but they didn’t judge them yet, not until they finished the performace.

“Wow! I’m speechless!” Leeteuk whispered to Siwon.

“Yah! That’s Kai right? I can’t recognize him with all that inappropriate dancing!” Henry butted in.

“They’re awesome right?” Jonhyun joined the conversation.

“Yah! Taemin-ah! How do you feel that your bestfriend is dancing like that?” Leeteuk teased.

“I’m proud!” Taemin retorted, then soundlessly laughed.

 

The last to stand in front was Bom’s group.

“Bom is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter