Chapter 40

Why Does It Have To Be You?!

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading and subscribing and commenting! Here's another update! ;)

 

Thanks. really. I mean it. *throws hearts*

 

 

Sorry for grammatical errors and typos. I don't review what I write OTL

 

 

I do not own Infinite... that's pretty obvious hahaha

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HaeRin’s POV

 

Somebody please tell me why Yerim left me again? That girl just leaves me alone with these guys. And to make things worse, Myungsoo is beside me.

 

I should just go home since Yerim is also not here...

 

"Thanks for the food Dongwoo and Hoya! And congrats with Infinite H!" I greeted them whole-heartedly and started to put on my coat.

 

Sungyeol’s POV

 

I saw HaeRin put her coat on after congratulating Hoya and Dongwoo hyung.

 

She couldn’t be leaving right now, is she?

 

“HaeRin! Are you leaving already?” I asked her.

 

“Uhm… Yeah. I think Yerim won’t be going back here anymore so I just might as well head home too.”

 

“But you cant’t walk home alone this late!!!” I expressed concerned about her, but it was more than that. “Hey Myungsoo!!! You should walke HaeRin home!”

 

“NO.” Myungsoo immediately said, taking a sip of his drink after.

 

“Don’t worry Sungyeol. I can take care of myself.” HaeRin said, standing up from her seat.

 

Aish. NO. NO. Myungsoo should bring HaeRin home today I should think of some way to do this plan of mine…

 

I kicked Sunggyu hyung’s leg under the table and his small eyes automatically glared at me after doing so.

 

“Yah… Sungyeol-ah…” Sunggyu said, but before he started scolding me I used my eyes to point at HaeRin. I hope Sunggyu hyung gets my plan…

 

“HaeRin. It’s dangerous for a girl to walk home alone at night.” Sunggyu hyung continued.

 

“Yeah. Just go with her Myungsoo.” Hoya hyung said. I think he also knows what situation is going on right now.

 

“NO.” He replied once again with a blank expression on his face.

 

“It’s really okay you guys. I’m an independent woman. I think I could handle myself.” HaeRin defended herself again.

 

“Yah Myungsoo hyung. Why don’t you just walk her home?” Sungjong asked.

 

“I don’t want to because I don’t want to.” He replied.

 

“Myungsoo… Do you want me to…” Sunggyu hyung used his threatening persona and as fast as the speed of lightning, Myungsoo stood up and put on his jacket and cap.

 

“Aish. Fine fine. You guys didn’t have to threaten me.” He gave us daggering stares before following HaeRin towards the exit of the restaurant.

 

“Okay… What’s in your mind Sungyeol? I know there’s something going on in there.” Sunggyu hyung asked me and I just smirked at them before explaining.

 

Woohyun’s POV

 

"I'm not feeling well. I think I should go." I put spoon down with a loud thud and left the table.

 

I was walking alone to the direction of our dorm when I heard some running footsteps behind me.

 

“Sunggyu hyung. Just please… Leave me alone this time. I don’t want to talk about this.” I continued to walk on my normal pace.

 

“Woohyun-ah..." A voice behind me spoke timidly.

 

I took a deep breath and decided to ignore it and just continue my way going home even if Yerim continuously calls me. It was already late in the night and there were no people on the street so she wouldn't attract any attention even if she repeatedly calls me.

 

"Nam Woohyun! Would you please stop running away and talk to me?!" Yerim shouted at me and grabbed my arm to stop me from walking. I froze on my spot but I still did not turn around to face her.

 

"Yerim-ah. Why don't you just go back to the restaurant? I don't feel well. I'm heading back to our dorm. Just... Stay with the others..." I told her while I removed her hand from my arm. It's been a while since I spoke to her...

 

Just as I was about to walk again, Yerim ran in front of me and put her hand on my forehead, maybe to check if I was really feeling sick. I turned my head sideways for my face not to be seen with this kind of expression.

 

"But you're not even sick Woo. I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's wrong with you." She crossed her arms as she said that, her voice sounding really concerned.

 

"Yerim..." I sighed, struggling for words to come out of my mouth.

 

"I-it's nothing... Just... Go back there and enjoy your night. Don't bother about me." I told her lifelessly and finally looked at her. But I quickly averted my eyes because she might see right through me.

 

"No! I want to know what's wrong with you! You always seem so lifeless. You're not the normal happy Woohyun. You've been quiet and it's making me really worried. What's wrong?!" She asked me worriedly.

 

"There's nothing wrong Yerim..." I wanted to explain but... I just can't.

 

"No. There is something wrong. I kow it. You've also been avoiding me these past few weeks too! I think it’s already even over a month that you're not talking to me! Why?! Is there something I did?!" She said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

 

"N-no. You d-did nothing wrong..." I hung my head low saying those words.

 

"Then tell me what's wrong! Why are you acting like this?!"

 

"I said nothing's wrong. Just go back to the restaurant Yerim." I told her firmly. If she goes on, I might not be able to hold myself from telling the truth.

 

"I can't bear to watch you like this from the sidelines because you helped me when I was like that before. I also want to help you, not just because you helped me before but also because we're friends, right? What happened to our friendship? Aren't friends supposed to help each other? Why are you keeping this all to yourself Woohyun? What happened to the times we spent together?" Yerim asked.

 

Yerim’s POV

 

“That’s what’s wrong Yerim! We spend too much time together! We SPENT too much time together that I’m not used to not being around you anymore.” Woohyun replied to me in an irritable manner.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me? And I’m always with infinite. And you’re there but you’re not talking to me. Why?” I asked confused about what his point was. He said he wants to spend time with mme but he’s not talking to me.

 

“It’s not like that… It’s just… It’s not… Ugh!” Woohyun cried out of frustration and covered his face with his hands.

 

“I just don’t know what my feelings are anymore, okay?!” Woohyun looked me in the eye, his expression unreadable.

 

“W-what do you mean?” I asked looking back at him.

 

“I don’t know. I don’t know why I felt a little angry when I knew you’d be in a duo with Myungsoo. I should be happy for you right? Since you’re my friend and you’re slowly reaching your dreams. But I got angry and sad instead.” Woohyun explained, his eyes full of sadness and confusion.

 

“And when I saw how happy you were with him and the others, I just knew that I’d be in your way. That these unknown feelings would just be useless because you’re happy with him. And not me. I didn’t talk to you because I wanted these feelings to go away.” Woohyun played with his fingers while explaining.

 

“But it’s impossible for me not to see you… I think I was jealous seeing how happy you guys were. I think I was jealous because… because… I think… I’m starting to like you Yerim…” He looked at me in the eye when he said that last sentence.

 

He was waiting for my reaction but when I opened my mouth, nothing came out. This is just too much to process right now.

 

“Ahh… I knew this would happen. Why did I even bother? I know I’m not the one you like.” He chuckled at himself and smiled looking down on the floor.

 

W-what? What does he mean ‘not like’? Not him? I’m not quite sure myself. Speak up Yerim!!!

 

But I just stood there looking at him, speechless. I didn’t know what to say nor do. I don’t know how to react to this kind of situation.

 

“Well… This is awkward…” Woohyun smiled at me, but it wasn’t a sincere one.

 

"I just hope you become happy with him Yerim-ah…” He kept his voice conversational, fighting the sadness within him.

 

“So… Bye? I’m heading home now. You should go back there with the other guys. Goodbye Yerim.” He smiled at me one last time and turned around to walk his way going back to his dorm.

 

What just happened . . . ? Who is that 'him' he was pertaining to . . . ? It couldn't be . . .

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

HaeRin walked ahead of me and I decided to just leave it be. If I’d catch up with her, we’d just probably end up fighting again. I want this night to actually be peaceful so I don’t want to go anywhere near HaeRin tonight.

 

I saw the same set of high school student boys that we also saw that time HaeRin bought bread. But this time, even if they were continuously calling her ‘noona’, she just continued to walk and ignored them, unlike before. I’m shocked that she took my advice, seeing how hard-headed she was.

 

I thought they would stop nagging her if she ignored them but one guy followed her and talked to her. I think he was asking for HaeRin’s number, seeing as how he was holding out his phone. Meanwhile, HaeRin just shook her head and neglected him but the boy would not stop and he still repeatedly asks for her number. And I think she was already a little scared because of the playful smirk that’s on the faces of those young boys.

 

And she said that she was an independent woman a while ago, yet she couldn’t handle these kinds of things.

 

I walked faster and once I was beside HaeRin…

 

“Is there something wrong?” I asked her putting my arm around her protectively and looked at the high school students.

 

“What seems to be the problem here guys? You want ‘my’ girl’s number? DO you want my number instead?” I looked at them threateningly and they started backing away.

 

“U-uhm. No sir. We’re sorry. We should get going.” The guy that bugged HaeRin apologized and ran to the nearest dark alley followed by his little gang.

 

When they were out of the view, I immediately removed my arm from HaeRin and told her to continue walking going to her house. I walked beside her, so that a situation like a while ago wouldn’t repeat itself again.

 

“Thanks for that Myungsoo.” HaeRin expressed her gratitude to me and smiled genuinely at me. “I think they wouldn’t have left me if you didn’t show up.”
 

“Yeah. I still don’t understand why those guys actually went to you. You’re honestly not much.” I had nothing else to say regarding her thanks so I just .

 

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?!”

 

“With that kind of face, I can’t believe some people still actually like you. I don’t get it.” I put my hands in my pocket and shook my head, looking at her.

 

“I think you don’t deserve the thank you I just said.” HaeRin hissed and glared at me.

 

“Ahh… I understand now… It might me too dark that they didn’t actually see your face. They thought you were pretty… It was a good thing that I saved them from you… Just imagine how miserable the lives of those boys will be…” I nodded to myself and thought aloud intentionally to annoy HaeRin.

 

“YAH! KIM MYUNGSOO!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thank you so for reading, subscribing and commenting!!!

 

Comments, Subscribes, and Votes will be very much appreciated! ^=^

 

If you do comment, just no harsh words please :)

 

Thank you htethninInfinitelyBTS , Ilovesweetsheheniena98 & Snivy4ever  for commenting! :D

 

Special thanks to my chingu and co-author -HaeRin-  who's helping me with this ever since hahaha! ^=^

Thank you again! :DD *throws hearts*