Chapter 34

Why Does It Have To Be You?!

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading and subscribing and commenting! Here's another update! ;)

Thanks. really. I mean it. *throws hearts*
 

Sorry for grammatical errors and typos. I don't review what I write OTL


I do not own Infinite... that's pretty obvious hahaha

 

So are you guys ready to find out who's going to be with Myungsoo on his duo? hahaha
Here you goooo :))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's POV

 

I didn’t know who it was since there were plenty of people in the room, but I assume that it would be a trainee or some known artist already, so there should be some familiar face over here. I scanned my eyes around the room and finally saw a familiar face.

 

Wait...

 

“IT’S YOU?!” I asked shouting and pointing at her.

 

“Myungsoo... Meet…”

 

“Yeah. Oh Yerim.” I ended his sentence and put my hand out for Yerim to shake.

 

“Nice to meet you Kim Myungsoo.” She took the offer and smirked at me.

 

“You two know each other already?” Jungryoul asked us looking shocked.

 

“Of course hyung! She’s pretty close with Woohyun so we pretty much got to know her too.” I replied to hyung while I sat down on an empty seat that I think was reserved for me.

 

“Oh. Alright. That’ll make it easier for you two right? Because you already know each other.” He said smiling at us and we just smiled back at him as a sign of respect.

 

“Let’s start the meeting now, shall we?” Jaesook stated while he gave us and the other people in the meeting some sheets of paper that contained all the information regarding our next project, which was Yerim’s first.

 

 

Yerim’s POV

 

I can’t believe that I am finally going to debut! It doesn’t really matter to me if I’m solo or in a group, as long as I get to perform. I can’t wait to tell Woohyun and HaeRin about this!

 

“Thank you! Thank you! I’ll make sure that I’ll be working hard for this! Thank you.” I bowed and said my thanks to the people in the room before heading out after finishing our discussion.

 

“Yerim!” I heard somebody shout my name, so I turned around to see who it was.

 

“Oh. Myungsoo. Why?” I asked holding the sheets of paper close to my chest.

 

“Nothing. I just wanted to say that I’m looking forward to be working with you! Well, Ciao for now!” He bid me goodbye patting my back.

 

“Bye Myungsoo!” I waved back smiling at him and went on my way back to the practice room.

 

I don’t get it why Hae is so annoyed with Myungsoo when he seems like a nice guy to me.

 

~

 

“WOOHYUN! Woohyun!” I shouted excitedly whilst entering my practice room in a happy manner. I saw that he was sitting comfortably on the floor with a pen in his right hand and a music sheet on the left. He also had some biscuit and water beside him. Did I take too long?

 

“Oh! You're back! How was it?" He looked away from the music sheet he was holding and looked at me smiling widely. He moved a bit to the right and patted the space next to him, telling me to sit beside him. And of course, I gladly did.

 

"Guess who's going to debut soon???" I told him energetically, smiling at him like I just won a lottery.

 

"Woah! Don't tell me that you're going to debut already?!" He asked me looking shocked but he still had those smiling eyes when he looked me. I just nodded enthusiastically at him as my form of saying yes.

 

"Congrats Yerim-ah!!! I can't believe it! You're finally debuting! Good luck Yerim-ah!" He said as he gave me the most bone-breaking hug I ever received. But I didn't mind it at all. He was saying congratulations and who wouldn't want to hear that right?

 

"And you won't believe it when I tell you who's going to be with me!" I told him breaking the hug and looking at his anticipating expression.

 

"Oh? It's not a solo? Wow! Who is it?" He asked waiting for my reply.

 

"It's Myungsoo! Kim Myungsoo! Isn't it great?!"

 

Woohyun's POV

 

"Oh? It's not a solo? Wow! Who is it?" I asked her, anxious to know who it was.

 

"It's Myungsoo! Kim Myungsoo! Isn't it great?!" She looked at me excitedly.

 

“O-oh? Yeah. I think that’s great.” I smiled at her, trying to look as happy as I can.

 

I should be happy for her right? But why did I suddenly get sad when I knew that she was going to debut with Myungsoo? Why do I feel like there’s this part of my heart that was slightly hurt?

 

“I know! And it’ll be easier for us to work together since we know each other already! And I think we’ll be starting tomorrow! We’ll start off by practicing well-known duet songs first before practicing the ones that’ll be in our album! I’m so excited Woohyun-ah!” She internally squealed in delight as she clapped her hands silently.

 

“Of course it’s exciting.” I looked at her and saw how happy she was with this.

 

She must really be that happy to be with Myungsoo…

 

“Uhm. I think I have to go. They might be looking for me at the dorm already.” I pretended that I needed to go immediately and looked at my watch. I stood up from my spot and started to collect my things that were in the room and put it in my bag.

 

“Why? I thought we’d be working on the song when I return back here?” Yerim also stood up and rubbed the dirt off her pants as she made her way towards my direction.

 

“U-uhm… Sunggyu hyung told me he needed some help in our dorm. I’m sorry Yerim. Let’s just continue this next time, maybe. Here. You can keep that first.” I quickly thought of an excuse to leave and gave the music sheets to Yerim.

 

“Okay.” Yerim accepted the music sheets and pouted sadly as she looked at it.

 

“Hey. Don’t be sad. We can continue this next time.” I playfully messed her hair while saying that. “And look on the bright side. You’re going to debut with Myungsoo soon remember?” I smiled bitterly at her, although I tried my best not to show the hurt in my eyes.

 

“Yeah. Next time! And I’m really excited to be working with Myungsoo!” Her facial expression changed from being sad and gloomy to a happy and bright one.

 

“I’ll get going now! Bye Yerim-ah!” I waved at her and went out of the practice room.

 

I only walked on my way back to the dorm. I like taking long walks because it gives me time to think to myself.

 

Why did I leave suddenly when I knew that Yerim was going to debut with Myungsoo? I don’t know myself. I just know right now that I don’t want to be close to Yerim because now, every time I see her, it just reminds me that she’ll be debuting with Myungsoo… And not me.

 

I mean. Why not me?! I think I sing and dance good enough to be of standard, right?! Why would they pick Myungsoo and not me?! I’m closer to Yerim… I think? Aish. This is so frustrating. I kicked a bottle that was in front of our dorm and proceeded to go inside.

 

I pressed the password to our dorm and used the keys I had to open the door. I went inside and locked the door behind me. We always keep our door closed just in case some crazy fan would invade our private resting place.

 

“Oh! Hyung! You’re back! Where have you been?”Sungjong asked who was sitting in the living room with Dongwoo and Hoya, watching some variety show on the television.

 

“Just went to Woollim for some practice.” I replied to him, taking off my shoes by the front door. I also saw Sunggyu hyung come out of the bathroom and greeted me, acknowledging that he knew I went out.

 

“Oh really?! Did you meet Yerim there? Myungsoo told me that she was in Woollim too!” Sungyeol said, emerging from the kitchen holding a bowl of chips in his hands.

 

“Yeah. We met. I’m going to rest in my room now. I’m kind of tired.” I told them and went straight inside my room. I closed the door behind me, set my bag down and laid down on my bed to get some sleep.

 

Sungyeol’s POV

 

“Yeah. We met. I’m going to rest in my room now. I’m kind of tired.” Woohyun hyung said and went inside his room.

 

“Huh? What’s up with Woo?” Hoya hyung said.

 

He was right. Something was wrong with Woohyun. Normally when he meets Yerim, he’d always have that bright smile on his face and he’d be all hyper. But his expression tonight was different.

 

“I don’t know. Did something happen?” I asked Sunggyu hyung, expecting him to know since he was the closest to Woohyun. The other members also looked at him and waited for an answer.

 

“Yah! Don’t look at me! I don’t know anything about this! Maybe he’s just tired from practice.” Sunggyu hyung replied to us and took a seat at the empty space in between me and Sungjong.

 

“But isn’t he normally happy when he meets Yerim? I mean, look at it this way. We practiced for the comeback concert before right? And even if we were all so tired, Woohyun would still be all smiles, especially if he had practice with Yerim. I don’t think being tired is the reason.” Sungjong stated as a matter of fact.

 

“Yeah. I agree with Sungjong. Do you guys think they fought or something? Yerim and Woohyun?” Dongwoo hyung said.

 

“Aww. That’s so cute! They’re having lovers’ quarrel!” I said happily. The thought of them fighting was so cute because that means the love each other. I felt somebody hit my head.

 

“Yah! Sungyeol! Now is not the time to joke around!” Sunggyu hyung scolded me.

 

“Aish. I just found it cute hyung!” I explained myself while rubbing the part of my head that was hit.

 

“Hey guys.” We looked up to see Myungsoo standing there with a blank expression on his face.

 

“Oh. You’re back! How did your meeting go?” Sunggyu hyung asked.

 

“It was fine. I have a new project lined up.” He replied cooly while taking a drink from his bottled water.

 

“Really?! What drama is it this time?” Sunggyu hyung continued to ask Myungsoo.

 

“That’s what’s funny. It’s not a drama this time around.” Myungsoo chuckled at us.

 

This time, we all turned our attention to him. We would not react if it was another drama because that was normal for Myungsoo. What could it be this time?

 

“Woah! It’s not a drama?! If it’s not, then what is it?!” Dongwoo hyung asked, anxious to know what it was.

 

Sunggyu’s POV

 

“I’m going to have an album released.” Myungsoo stated.

 

“What?! You’re going to have a solo album?!” I asked him, shocked. This is new. I mean, he’s known for being a visual and he’s going to have a solo album?! Even the other members were in a state of shock.

 

“No hyung. I’m not alone. It’s like a duo or something.”

 

“Well, if it’s like that, then who’s going to be with you?” Hoya asked him.

 

“Oh Yerim. The Yerim that’s close to Woohyun.” He stated and went into the kitchen to get something to eat.

 

There was a moment of silence after that because we were still processing what he just said.

 

“That’s why Woohyun hyung was acting like that!” Sungjong said like he just solved the puzzle.

 

“Wait. So they weren’t really having lovers’ quarrel?” Sungyeol asked.

 

“You’re right! Maybe Yerim told Woohyun and he got depressed because he wish he could be in Myungsoo’s place!” Dongwoo added on, ignoring Sungyeol’s comment.

 

“Huh? What’re you guys talking about?” Myungsoo went back to the living room with a bitten apple on his hand. He had a curious look on his face. I think he heard our conversation. It’d be better if we explain this to him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so for reading, subscribing and commenting!!!

Comments, Subscribes, and Votes will be very much appreciated! ^=^

If you do comment, just no harsh words please :)

 

And... I'll' still be replying to your comments because I really appreciate it :D

exotichunhanThanks for supporting! :>

babo-cover-girlNot all three hahaha It's Yerim! :D Thanks for the support! ^=^

kpop_addict4everIt's not Yeon Ri :)) I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :))

htethnin & anitaklr24Good guessing :)) Thank you for reading and commenting! :DD

IlovesweetsheheHahaha... I'm sorry about that v^=^

niena98:  Sad to say that the answer wasn;t in your choices right? haha But thanks for reading and commenting! I'm glad you like the story :>

Thanks again! :DD