New Friends

Transfer Star

You had searched everywhere for Riko and she was nowhere in site. You got lost a few times and ended up on the roof. You walked towards the ledge and looked down at the ground.

“Wow! It is so far down! Hello!” You shouted listening to your voice bouncing off the buildings. You laughed at it. “Icky Chicken!” You screamed and it bounced. You laughed and heard a small laugh from behind you that stopped almost instantly. You turned around and saw no one. You thought for a second. *Riko!... but where…… Hide-and-seek!* You turned around yelled “Come out! Come out! Where ever you are!” You waited then heard another little laugh and headed towards it. There was a little girl sitting in the shade against the wall with a smile on her face. “Hello Riko-san!” the little girl looked up at you and stopped smiling. She did not look any older than Aya.

“Hi!” she said.

You slid down the wall and sat next to her “So why are hiding from everyone?”

“I am not!” Riko said as she crossed her arms and looked away. You laughed at the immaturity. “What!?”

“Nothing!” You smirked, “I guess I will just wait until you tell me!” You sat there for about 5 minutes without speaking. Finally Riko spoke.

“He hates me.” She mumbled with a barely audible voice.

“Who?” You asked

“Yuya-san! Who else? He is so mean to me!” She yelled.

“I bet it is just acting,” you said trying to calm her down.

“No!” Riko shouted, “He is mean to me on and off set! He constantly scolds me! He will not talk to me unless it is a line! He hates me!” She screamed as tears filled her eyes. Your eyes widened. *Is that jerk really this mean*

“It’s okay,” you whispered as a pat her shoulder.

“Liar!” She screamed as she hit your hand away. “All adults are liars and treat people however they want. I am younger then everyone and I still have –san on my name.”

“They do that as a sign of respect,” you smiled.

“No they don’t. They do it because they think I have power! I don’t! I don’t have the power to control media! Remember important dates! Order people! I don’t even have the power to make friends!” Riko bawled as she screamed these words, tears streaming down her face.

You lightly pated her shoulder again, *this girl is going through so much! I would have never guessed!* You suddenly got an idea. “How about I be your friend?” you said.

Riko looked at you “You are paid to be nice to me! That isn’t friendship!”

“Then how about I start as an apprentice friend, and if you think I am doing it because I am paid then you can ignore me, but if you think I am doing it because I truly want to be friends with you then maybe I can become a real friend!” You said with a smile. Riko looked at you with tears still running down her face. You held up your pinky, “Deal?”

Riko looked you in the eyes then looked at your pinky, “Deal!” she said with a small smile.

“First we must clean you up! No friend of mine can look bad.” You giggled. You reached forward and brushed the tears off her face. “Perfect! Incredible cute!” You said with a satisfactory grin. Riko looked at you with shock. You jumped up and turned around to face Riko. “Should we go back?” you asked as you stuck your hand out. Riko looked at your hand then at you and your smile. She reached out and you pulled her up. “But first we have to promise!” You pulled her towards the ledge. “You have to yell like this! I promise that I will not let that stupid Chicken Brain make me quit!” You looked down at Riko who was laughing.

“Who is the Stupid Chicken Brain?” She asked with a smile.

“It’s a secret,” you responded as you put your finger to your lips. Riko gave you a pout, and then a little smile grew across her face.

She turned towards the ledge and yelled, “I promise I will not let the Meany Head boss me around or scare me anymore!”

You looked at her trying not to laugh, “Who is Meany Head?”

Riko smiled and put a finger to , “It’s a Secret.” You both started laughing. *This is much better. She looks better when she smiles* Riko looked up at you, “It is time for me to face Meany Head!” She said with a confident look in her eye.

You nodded, “Let’s head back and keep our promises.” Riko nodded, grabbed your hand and started to drag you towards the stairs.


 

I once again stayed up until one in the morning. I need to sleep! But it actually took awhile to upload because i fell asleep. Anyway, Riko will play a big part later. Hope you look forward to that! PLEASE COMMENT!