Japan! Here I Come!

Transfer Star

     The sun shined onto the bare pillow in your dorm. You were no longer in the room. Even though it was 8 a.m. on a weekend you couldn’t sleep. You were running down the sidewalks to the central building seeming to lose your way even though you had been going to college here for a couple years.

You pulled the door handle and the door swung open. Your eyes scanned the room. No one was there yet. You ran to the announcement board at the back of the room and slammed your hands onto it. Your eyes quickly read the piece of paper:

 

Many students submitted essays for the internship at Johnny & Associates but only one was chosen based on their qualifications and years here. For those who didn’t make it we apologize but there was only one spot available. We encourage you to continue to try for next year’s internships. For the following student congratulations on getting accepted, you must be ready to leave by the Friday of this week. Pack necessities of everyday life but refrain from packing unnecessary things, due to the fact that you will be staying at a host’s house and they may not be able to accommodate many things. Please stop the guidance office before Friday to receive a list of items necessary.

 

~~~~~ ~~~~~


You couldn’t hold it in, “Yes! I made it! I did it!” you yelled as you jump up and down. You ran out the doors excited as any person could possible be. Suddenly you bumped into Chan-bin, your boyfriend.

“I was just coming to look for you! What’s up?” he said giving you a smile that melted your heart. You jumped up into his arms smiling from ear to ear.

“I made it! I was picked!” you shouted in excitement.

“Picked for what?” He said hugging you back.

“The internship!” his arms slackened around you. You dropped to the ground and looked at him. “What’s wrong?” He wasn’t looking you in the eyes and you knew he was hiding something.

“I was coming to tell you that I was picked to go study in France.”

You started to smile again “That’s great! Why do you seem so down?”

“Because I was going to ask you to come with me, but of course you can’t now.” He glanced at you out of the corner of his eye.

“Well we can talk on the phone all the time and text, and during breaks we can visit each other!” you said trying to make him feel better.

“No, ~~~~. We can’t. You and I both know that it wouldn’t work. It would be to much stress with coordinating everything!” You felt your heart beat stop and your breath catch in your throat.

“What do you mean?” you said hoping he didn’t mean what you thought he meant.

“~~~~~…. I think we need to…. Take a break…. You know how long distance relationships work. I think we should be able to go to these new places without stuff holding us back.”

“So what your saying is that I am holding you back,” you said as you held back tears.

“Not exactly…” He said looking at you now.

“Well, we can still be friends during this…break. Right!” you said trying to sound okay.

“Sure!” he said giving a smile back.

“Well I have to go pack…bye!” you turned to go then stopped and looked back at Chan-bin. You smiled and then ran off.

The rest of the week just blew by. You packed and got ready to leave. When Friday came around all of your friends, including Chan-bin, said bye to you and brought you to the airport. You were about to board the plane, but you turned around and waved to everyone. When your eyes met Chan-bin, he smiled. You smiled back, then turned and got on the plane. When you got to your seat you looked out the window.

“Goodbye, my past.” You said as you shut the window. Looking straight ahead you sighed, “Japan, here I come!”

 

How did you like the first chapter? This is my first fanfic so it might be kind of rough! If you didn’t know, Chan-bin is Pierre Deporte’s, from Tamna Island, Korean name. I thought it fit since he is French. I know it went by kind of fast but I needed to sort of get some background in. The next chapter is when you finally get to meet “the talent” and others! Hope you look forward to it! Please comment!