A Piece of Cake?

Dance Sarang

"Ok everyone, start stretching," my dance teacher said. Ok Rhyth get a good stretch there. You have to be as flexible as possible, which I already was. I mean, people keep asking me if I even have any bones or if I'm made of rubber. I'm at my dance class right now. Since it's the highest level you could achieve at this studio we're required to come three days a week. We stay for at least one hour and thirty minutes or two hours at the latest. Let me just say this, I don't think today's class is just a regular class. I wish I knew why.

The music started and I was ready. Whenever I dance, I just don't dance like I've done it a million times. I dance like the whole world is watching me, like my life depended on my accurate, yet flawless movements. We were working on this choreography for two months now and I already know it by heart now. The steps are so complicated, so intense, but I manage to stay strong from beginning to end. Whenever I dance my face looks like I was born to do this. I always dance with feeling in my face, depending on the mood of the song. My favorites are fast paced hip hop. Everyone in my class would complain, but not me.

We were done for the day and my friend BamBam was waiting for me by the door. Yes, his name is BamBam. Well, I guess I should explain why. I met him when I was in the third grade. Most kids aren't mature at that age yet. I would always see BamBam hitting things and people with sticks. The time I would really get annoyed is if he was hitting people and they start to run and cry and tattle. So one day I decided to stand up to him and tell him how hitting people with sticks isn't nice. I then stopped to wonder why he hasn't hit me with the stick. I decided to put that aside. "Hey," I said. "Why do you like hitting people with sticks? You know it's not nice right?" He noticed me talking to him and ran away. I remember yelling at him to come back. I also remember chasing him for half of the whole recess. Finally we both stopped out of exhaustion. "Hey, why did you run away?" I said. He turned to face me and I swear his face was as red as a tomato. I don't know if it's from running or something else. Well that something else was correct. From behind his back he took out his stick and he gave it to me. Along with something else, a flower. We've been friends ever since and he already got the hint that I just want to stay friends. And yeah I gave him the nickname because of his days of hitting people with sticks.

"Rhyth," I turned around from walking towards the door. My teacher was calling me. "Could you stay for a while?" BamBam heard and said that he could wait for me. "No it's ok BamBam," I said. "You could go without me." I think I saw relief in his face because he was really exhausted and probably wanted to sit on this couch and read mangas for the rest of the day. I stayed behind to talk with my teacher.

"Rhyth, you've been taking lessons here for a long time haven't you," my teacher said. "Yes, since I was four." I said.  "I can't help but notice your dancing," she said. Oh no! Was I slipping! I thought I was doing a great job! "I want to ask you something," she said. "Would you like to be a dance teacher, just like me?"

I'm walking home right now. Well, skipping home actually. I must look like a complete pabo on the sidewalk. I can't believe it! I don't remember much after talking with me teacher. All I remember about is the paper I'm holding in my hand right now. I think I practically strangled my teacher to death with hugs and thank you's. This should be a piece of cake right? All I have to do is ask my parents, sign the paper, and get back to my teacher! Yay!

"Oh great!" my dance teacher said after taking the paper in my hand. "Ok, step one is done," she said. What? I didn't know what she was talking about. "Um, what do you mean?" I said. "Oh Rhyth, you didn't think you just had to sign a paper did you?" me teacher said. "Honey I'm not in charge of who gets to be a dance teacher. I just recommend students." "You have to go through a series of training first and that all happens after your audition." Whhhaaaatttttt!!!!!!!!!!! Piece of cake, right? Nnnoooottt!!!!!

***Show Me by, Kid Ink 

ps this song has nothing to do with kpop, but I heard it in the radio and liked the hip hop beat to it.