Meet the principal

Night School [Hiatus]

 

Hardly had the car stopped, the door opened, and a tall, thin man stepped to the outside, down the stairs into mild race. Jungkook was relieved with the appearance of the man; the glasses had been pulled to the top of the head , a shirt with black flecks, he was wearing a coat of cream colored cotton.

Jungkook's parents left the car and greeted him. Viewing himself to be forgotten, Jungkook reluctantly opened his door and left the Ford - which suddenly seemed familiar and welcoming . He left the car door open. Rather than join the group a little further away from him, by ended to lean on the Ford, watching the scene before him with apprehension.

Waited .Twenty-seven heart beats. Twenty-eight. Twenty-nine

- Mr. And Mrs. Jeon, good to see you again! - the man had a deep voice, but warm - I hope that the trip was not too tiring. Sometimes the transit of Busan down here is horrible. But at least the weather is lovely today, is not it?. Jungkook noticed he had an accent but he could not identify .

After a few more amenities, the conversation ended and the three turned to Jungkook. The polite smile from their parents disappeared, giving way to that deliberate blankness that was uncomfortably familiar. The director, in turn, launched him a warm smile.

- And this young man should be Jungkook.
Came from Seoul, undoubtedly, though a very subtle pretty unusual accent. - Jungkook, I'm Kim Namjoon , the director of Cimmeria Academy. You can call me Namjoon. Welcome.
Jungkook was somewhat surprised to be treated by the "diminutive" and not by Jeongguk, as did the parents. It also seemed odd that a director asked him to treat himself by his first name.
 
But it's pretty cool.
 
Namjoon handed him a slender dark hand. He had brown eyes, and looked older.
Jungkook wanted nothing to do with that place - or the man - but found himself returning the greeting. To feel his hand firmly pressed by cold fingers from the director, and then a gently shake, he relaxed slightly.
 
Namjoon continued to look more at him that for a brief moment and Jungkook thought he saw solidarity in other's expression, then the director turned to his parents, smiling and apologizing with a shrug.
- Unfortunately, our policy requires that the parents of the children say goodbye here. We understand that our students start their new life in Cimmeria as they pass through the grand gate and we like to do it independently.
Returning - to Jungkook he asked:
- Do you have many bags ? I hope we can with everything . At the moment , most of our staff is busy , so we'll have to carry it alone .
Jungkook finally spoke .
- Didn't brought much .
 
It was true . The school provided almost everything that was necessary and authorized that bring so little that in the end had to use only two travel bags medium size. The father was getting them from the trunk . Namjoon grabbed the biggest one with ease . Saying some parting words with the parents of Jungkook , he departed away from them .
- Work hard and give news from time to time - said his father. Continuing to show distant , though his expression was sad he said goodbye with a quick hug. The mother pulled some fringe of his son's eyes , but avoiding looking into his eyes ,
- Please give a chance to this place . And call if you need us - For a brief moment , she hugged him tightly , then pulled and returned to the car without looking back .
 
Jungkook stood there, arms hanging close to the body , seeing the car turn around and drive away on the soft gravel, he felt tears awakening in his eyes and shook his head vigorously , to prevent them from falling . Grabbing the black bag that remained on the floor , he turned back  to Namjoon , who was watching .
- The first time always costs - said the director gently - but it becomes easier.
he pulled vigorously towards the stairs, saying over his shoulder:
- I'm afraid we still have to walk a bit. As you will see, this mansion seems to have no end ....