Third Day : Library II

Night School [Hiatus]

 

- Do not worry - Kyungsoo smiled. - If you're good, it will not happen.
 
When turning a corner, the room has changed slightly. That section had less shelves and more tables and chairs with leather lining.
- This area is reserved for advanced students - Kyungsoo explained, selecting a key bundle he was carrying. - Come on then -. Walls were lined with dark wood panels with elaborate reasons recorded. Kyungsoo inserted the key in a lock so cleverly hidden that Jungkook could not even see, a door that had remained until then invisible opened noiselessly.
 
- WOW! - Exclaimed Jungkook. - A secret door.
- 'Wow' in fact - Kyungsoo replied, looking at him over his glasses. - These small study rooms are located in the oldest part of the building. We don't know for sure what the original purpose. But, well, see for yourself.

Pressing a switch, he stepped back. Jungkook entered the well-lit parlor. Inside this small windowless room was a table with a lamp, a chair with leather lining and a small bookcase. The division was dominated by an elaborate mural painted all around the walls. Advancing to the center of the parlor, Jungkook was running slowly on his heel and observing everything around. The wall seemed to tell a story: men armed to the teeth, fighting the open under storm clouds and under the gaze of angry cherubs.

Jungkook found that scene creepy .
- How can anyone study here? - he asked. - If it were me, I'd spent all the time hiding myself.
- Doesn't seem to bother anyone - Kyungsoo replied, watching the swords with an unreadable expression. - But I can't say I don't agree with you.
He left the parlor. After a last look around, Jungkook also went out and Kyungsoo closed the door with the key.
- They are all like this?
The librarian nodded.
 
- They are all very similar. Each of the walls in the various small rooms, tell part of the same story. This is the main battle scene. Seems to be the last of the series.
Advancing to the bottom of the paneled wall, he opened another hidden door. Lighting the light , he signaled to Jungkook to follow him and the two entered the small parlor of study. The wall in there showed the same pictures, but this time, the men were formally dressed and wore hats . Forming a circle, seemed to be talking in front of a building that would say a smaller version of the same place where Jungkook was now.
 
- We believe this is the first in the series - Kyungsoo explained .
- Was this Cimmeria? - Jungkook asked.
- Before the expansion - replied the librarian. - The murals are this season, the beginning of the XVIII century.
- What is the history that portraits? - Jungkook asked . - Was there a war?
Kyungsoo examined the face of one of the figures.
 
- No one knows for sure. Second It is said here, this building was originally constructed by a single family, who later split because of a quarrel whatsoever. They entered in a war and the winner was rewarded with the school. But none of this appeares in Cimmeria's files . And you can believe it: if there was any record, I would know. I am the historian of this academy.
 
The two left the parlor with Jungkook delivered to his thoughts.
- It's weird - he said then. - I mean, how can something so important to have been simply lost?
- That's what happens with some facts - replied Kyungsoo - Especially if nobody wants to remember them.
- I hope I never have to come to study in one of these small rooms - Jungkook stated firmly.
- Luckily, you still have another year to go before you become a sufficiently advanced level to be able to use them - Kyungsoo said, grinning. - So for now, you're safe.