His haven

Mission Impossible: Find Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoug wondered how on earth Sehun had half dragged/half led her to his home without wincing in pain.

Wasn't he injured quite horribly just a few moments ago? 

Sehun paused in front of an apartment building. Not too lavish, not too poor. Just somewhere in-between but still modern and fresh.

The whole structure was shaded in a dark grey, outlined with a clean black. The house hosted a few large windows tinted lightly as if Sehun preferred the dark.

"Come." He said, finally retracting his hand and resuming forward with an indifferent look.

Chaeyoung stayed behind on the same spot.

She seeped in the premises of neatly trimmed bushes that radiated with a grassy scent.

There were a few cherry blossoms surrounding his home and that was about the only thing nature-related his house had to offer.

She wavered at the thought of entering his home, she barely knew the guy. She felt something on her and recognised that shivering feel. Sehun's eyes had to be on her.

Pretending to be occupied with the scenery, Chaeyoung coyly approached his front door where Sehun had waited with the glass door already opened. "Took you long enough." He murmured, slithering inside with his shoes off.

Not wanting to be rude, Chaeyoung took her shoes off and entered.

Sehun shut the door and stood behind her, not a word peeking from his lips.

She knew he was close as she felt his body heat cling onto her. Chaeyoung shuffled forward a bit, uncomfortable with Sehun being so close to her from behind. *What exactly am I doing here?*

Sehun considered himself lucky Chaeyoung was in front of him. Having her so close intoxicated his senses so much his eyes were flicking from black to emerald shades.

"I have something to show you." Sehun finally spoke, cracking the ice that had formed in the cold silence.

 

--

 

Chaeyoung curiously poked the glass ball held by a crystal stand.

Intricate, thin lines swirled inside the ball, creating undefined images Sehun himself couldn't understand. Chaeyoung poked harder at the precious object and Sehun pushed her hands away, holding a protective hand over it. "Don't play with it."

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, "I was looking."

"Then use your eyes only." Sehun breathed heavily, probably irritated.

"Whatever." She curled a strand of her infamous red hair behind her ear and straightened up. She still had her gaze upon the glass ball though, pondering on how Sehun managed to possess something as ancient as that. Something was off about it but she didn't question it. "Is this what you wanted to show me?"

"No." Sehun shifted his eyes from the glamorous globe, "This is what I wanted to show you." He extended his pale hand from his pocket and produced a plain, silver ring.

The jewel shone between his lean fingers, emitting a somewhat familiar vibe. "Take it."

Chaeyoung eyed the silver suspiciously.

"I'm not proposing to you if that's what you're thinking." He suddenly said, making Chaeyoung hiss and take the ring with an annoyed huff.

The ring itself unhooked and laced aroud her ring finger. It enclosed with a soft clamp and small, dull light. Chaeyoung jumped back, her fingers tugging fiercly at the object. "W-What is this thing?" She tried to pull the ring off but it didn't budge. It stayed firmly sealed around her finger. "Sehun!" She yelled, "What did you do?"

Sehun only gazed at the ring in so much awe, Chaeyoung practically strangled on her words. "It's yours." He spoke distantly with a tint of warmth. "You're its new owner" He met her eyes and she was sure he almost, almost beared a smile. 

Chaeyoung rendered into silence, her fingers tracing over the cool metal. "Will it come off?" She asked more softly, its smooth surface.

Sehun shook his head, "That's its eternal home. Your finger."

"Huh?" Chaeyoung blinked up at him, "It's here forever?" She motioned to her finger and Sehun pressed his lips into a thin line, nodding. "Yes." His eyes deepening into a black shade she'd never thought was possible.

Okay. This was weird. Like really weird.

On top of that, she wasn't supposed to be even near him. Ever. *....Like my family would know anything* She secretly thought. 

"It's only a ring." Sehun assured, *...For now until I really confess what it really is.*

Chaeyoung hummed an uncertain reply, hiding her ringed hand behind her back.

The thick silence had ventured back and Chaeyoung smoothed out her uniform skirt, avoiding eye-contact with Sehun. 

"MAKNAE! WE'RE HOME!" A rush of steps filled the once quiet home. Chaeyoung froze, her eyes darting straight to the closed door. 

The rumbles of steps ascended the staircase and approached the room. The door soon thumped open.

"I didn't see you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter