Old Friend

Mission Impossible: Find Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was taken by surprise. 

He almost dug his fist into his mouth for being too outright. She after all was just a human. She wasn't a she-wolf where he could claim her on the spot. Humans needed time. He hadn't meant to be  too straight-forward but in the heat of the moment, the words came tailing out his mouth without his consent.

Chaeyoung's eyes narrowed. She pressed herself further against the wall to avoid any mere touch from the stranger whose eyes changed from such suave to shock and back to empty in less than three seconds. It was interesting to see the flash of emotions come quickly, just as they blinked out. She heard his words, but other that, she drew a blank at them. Whatever he wanted, she sure as hell knew she wouldn't give him anything. She had no time to play whatever game he wanted. She knew from her brothers that wolves were cunning furry things. She didn't know much about them, except that they were dangerous.

Sehun sensed her uncomfortable state and stepped back a little to give her some breathing space. He schooled his expression to its indifferent facade. His head lowered and he had an urge to strike the wall with a punch. There was no doubt he had scared the out of her. Yip, when he returned home, he was going to visit the doctor for a bit and schedule some appointments.

Once Sehun had calmed a little, he lifted his head only to see the spot in front of him was empty. She had left. Now, Sehun really threw a punch at the wall. He was more than sure she had been scared out of her wits. Scowling, he headed to his other class, where he would find another way to claim her. His mate . The word tasted colourful on his tongue. His lips smacked together as he kept his chin up and strolled along the vacant corridors. One way or another, he would claim her. She may not know it but he needed her, and so did his Kingdom.

It would be diifficult.

He wasn't polished in the art of pursing after someone. He was good at dealing out rejection, but to actively pursue someone? He shook his head, and rubbed his temples. Time was precious, and he would be sure to return to his Kingdom with his mate.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung stopped running when she reached the third corridor. Her pulse slammed in her chest, and her breath heaved from her lips in choppy exhales. On each side were replicated, maroon doors placed in a long row, either side of the corridor. She glanced around and scolded herself inwardly. Great. She was lost. She chewed on her lip, and decided to keep walking. She didn't want to bump into that strange wolf. It really was him. The discription of him she received truly resembled his features. Pale blonde hair, a pair of dark, enchanting eyes, a tall, pretty nose and perfect pink lips. Oh Sehun, she recalled his name with a bitter thought.

The boy whom her family greatly disliked. 

Chaeyoung had come to Seoul for one purpose only. It was a secret mission. One given by the nobles. Were-wolf nobles. Usually, her family never bothered with lingering on the race of animal creatures, but they bestowed her with this mission to prove herself. She was the youngest of her fierce siblings. Her mother believed she was too weak to even hold their bloodline. Countless times her brothers hads mocked her for being the black sheep of the family. This was the only chance she had to prove herself worthy to honour their ancient bloodline.

The Were-wolf Nobles consisted of six men, all equally handsome and charming, or so the rumours say. She hadn't quite met them physically in person, face to face, but in dreams where they all dressed in dark cloaks, hiding everything of their outward appearance. She had them visit her dreams a few times but strangely, only five would always arrive. She had never seen the sixth. Ever. Rumours also regarded that fact. Stories from home claimed that the man had been killed, or hidden but that was it.

She never understood why they appeared in her dreams, communicating telepathically to her and speaking strangely in eccentric accents. Only recently had she deciphered some words of their acient language but still, everything seemed like a unfixable mess.

There was only one line in their repetitive talks she could fluently understand. It was her mission. That simple line that made shivers spiral up her spine. She questioned though, why would the Were-Wolf nobles contact her? Someone whose not from their breed? Someone so alien to their kind? Why her?

Her family thought she wasn't good enough, so why her?

She understood that her brothers allowed her to go only because they knew she would fail. They placed bets. She was sure her mother concluded the same. She never spoke to her unless it was to dissect every negative fault she possessed.

She had contemplated over the possible factors of her being chosen but none made sense. It still was a massive mess she herself hadn't yet unfolded.

"O-Oppa." The moan echoed from nowhere.

Chaeyoung sharply looked up, her eyes glowing a enchanting gold. Her eyes dimmed down and her ears perked. She clearly knew what was happening inside the room, without having to look. But why in school? She couldn't tamper down the digust that scraped her mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter