Memories

Mission Impossible: Find Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed quickly for Chaeyoung's liking. The weekend had approached before she knew it.

In the pass few days, she never saw Tao nor spoke a word to Sehun whom she had seen more than necessary on campus. However, he didn't speak to her let alone looked into her direction. It pleased her. She preferred it this way. Just remembering their last encounter made her bones quake in unadultered fury. She never understood why he barged into her business like he was some glorified king. She could see and associated with anyone she liked.

However, she was glad she hadn't seen Tao. She was still fazed by the discovery. Tao. He was the sixth noble. Unbelievable. In all her years of knowing that jerk, he happened to be a noble. Really unbelievable.

She couldn't fathom how her childhood friend could be the sixth noble. 

He was still the immature, playful were-wolf without the clumsiness and short height. Heck, she hated the guy even more that he had taken her first kiss but it was partially her fault for she didn't reject it either. Great. Just-freaking-great.

Today, Chaeyoung would be searching for Tao's memories. She had an urge to go see the club down the street. Maybe she would find something there.

10:00pm.

Chaeyoung was ready from head to toe. Her red hair wavy, decorated with specks of silver glitter, a light, sleeveless dress wrapped around her curvy body like a glove, black high heels where it laced around her legs, a bit of make-up and a generous smear of red lipstick over her lips. She examined herself in the mirror, rubbing her lips together to even out the red gloss over her lips and releasing it with a mild 'pop'. Pleased with her appearance, she walked to her drawers, plucking out her gold purse and slinging it over her exposed shoulder. 

The club was thundering with upbeat music. Laser lights were spiralling adventurously to all corners of the dimmed room. Humans were rubbing against each other. A fog lingered lingered in the air from cigarrettes and smoke machines, and different VIP lounges sat around the club.

The environment was new to Chaeyoung, it made her feel mature.

She ignored the interested stares directed her way and occupied a seat at the bar. Her eyes surfed over the sparkly glasses hanging upside down on the racks and the uniformed workers attending to the customer's needs.

"How may I help you?" A waiter swept by her, leaning his elbows on the marble counter.

Chaeyoung turned her head, meeting eye to eye with a classmate of hers. "You." She blinked, genuinely surprised.

"New student?" He jerked back, straightened up and staring at her in equal shock.

He almost couldn't recognise the girl since she wasn't dressed in her uniform. There was only one description Chanyeol had in mind- she was gorgeous as hell.

A nervous chuckle escaped his lips and he avoided her eyes. "What are you doing here?" His voice cracked slightly and he flushed in embarrassment.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I er..Ummm, I-I can explain." He nodded furiously as if trying to convince himself that he can lie his way through, that is until his eyes met Chaeyoung's and his confidence abandoned him completely. He sighed, rubbed his temples and gave a straight answer. "I work here." He revealed, dejected.

"Obviously." Chaeyoung scanned his uniform, his badge clearing stating it. 'Waiter: Park Chanyeol'.

Chaeyoung noticed Chanyeol a bit during lessons. He was one of Sehun's aquaintances. He was the loud one who seemed to joke every half hour and laugh ridiculously loud. It just surprised her that he worked in a club.

"So what are you doing here?" Chanyeol eyed her warily, almost like he was on defence. It was if she was going to pounce on him in any minute.

Chaeyoung shrugged, "Fun?"

Chaeyoung wasn't entirely sure since she came by in hopes to seek for a piece of Tao's memories that could be around. Her intuition recommended this place, and her instincts never failed her. "Umm, do you have Sprite?" She asked, hoping to divert the topic. When Chaneyol nodded, she sagged in relief. 

"Sprite?" Chanyeol elevated a brow. "You're in a bar and you want Sprite?" He asked suspiciously. 

Chaeyoung glared at the tall, raspy-toned male. His look of intrigue vanished instantly. "Okay, one Sprite coming up!" He hollered. He hurried off, leaving a whoosh of air behind. Although the male seemed almost silly, there was something eerie about him. She watched him stumble into a couple of co-workers. Instead of cursing him, they cleared out of the way with skittish decorum. When Chanyeol peered over his shoulder, he blanched from her narrowed gaze. There was no doubt Park Chanyeol was intimidated by her.

After scurrying around the work area, Chanyeol had uncovered the only can of Sprite and handed it over to Chaeyoung who accepted it with a smirk. "Anything else?" He winced, feeling her stare scare him to the point he wanted to shrivel up and hide.

The silence was turturous, even Chaeyoung felt awkward. "This is all." She answered.

Chanyeol heaved a relieved sigh, a breath he had no idea he was holding. "Okay. Seeya." Quickly, he was gone.

Chaeyoung plucked the can open, guzzled the drink half way and placed it on the counter. She slapped a few bills on the counter and decided to roam around the spacious premises. Hopefully she would find a piece of Tao's memories somewhere, she could sense it.

The hallways were empty. Distant laughter, conversations and squeals greeted her in the narrow space. The smell of cigarrettes an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter