Stop Avoiding

Mission Impossible: Find Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed since Sehun had shamelessly exposed himself to his destined mate.

He struggled to steer away from her. Her scent always wheeled him towards her, pulling him along like a blind puppet. An eccentric sensation began to flood his senses each time she came in close proximity. Sometimes he had to hold his breath so he wouldn't catch a whiff of her addicting scent. He couldn't fathom the fact of how she could faze him so much without even talking to him. 

In classes, Sehun secretly obeserved her from the corner of his eyes. He was aware she knew he was looking as he was also aware she was discreetly looking at him from those crimson tresses of hers.

The feeling of being attracted to someone was overwhelming for Sehun. He didn't expect to be one of those idiotic fools who became easily swayed towards their mate. Yet, there he was ogling at her every chance he got.

Over the course of one week, Sehun had found himself obsessing over his mate. He had to just close his eyes and envisage her red hair was darker at her roots where it lightened slightly at the bottom. Her eyes weren't only coloured that beautiful, mesmerising gold but her pupil was outlined in a dark dusky brown colour. Her lashes were long and curled, her nose was tall and straight, her right ear was pierced with three diamond studs and Sehun familiarised himself with her small habits. Like the way she quietly tapped his fingers against her desktop if she was becoming irritated, or when she clenched her jaw when someone glared in her direction. She also poked out her tongue when she was concentrating on something really hard.

In a short time, Sehun knew every detail of her appearance but her personality remained mysterious to him. She barely talked to the girls or boys in the class. It was strange. Whenever she would arrive in class, there was no smile and her aura- it felt queer. Sehun couldn't describe it. He was good at reading an aura of a person to judge them but hers, it was barely decipherable for his abilities. That was beyond strange. 

Sehun held his breath when that familiar fragrance lingered in the air. Her again. His gaze sought her out automatically. She shuffled gracefully to her desk, sat down and drew out her equipment out of her bag and sprawled them the desk.

"You seem to have an unhealthy interest in her." Suho pointedly said, his eyes following where Sehun's laid. Sehun lowered his gaze to her bare creamy thighs. He gulped and diverted his gaze elsewhere. Everytime she sat at her desk across the class, her black uniform skirt would raise a little higher, enough for Sehun to see her tempting thighs. It was so wrong to be staring, but his eyes always returned to her thighs.  

"I heard she's single." Suho whispered near the his ears, "Some seniors wanted her but she rejected them all."

Sehun crinkled his fingers to form fists. Good. He was terribly glad she did or he'd really be irked off. His breathing grew heavier and strained when a couple of classmates passed by her, showering her with inappropriate remarks and whistles.

She ignored them like usual, and tapped her fingers against her desk-top.

"Maybe I should really date her." Baekhyun joined the two, watching Chaeyoung like a predator. "She's perfect." He dampened his lips with a roll of his tongue.

Sehun glared at his oblivious friend, but didn't say anything. Suho raised his brow as if to question him, but Sehun slid his gaze away. He hadn't yet confessed to his bodyguards/friends that she was his destined mate. The very person who would eternally be his. He had little doubt that maybe he got it wrong. Maybe she wasn't his mate. Maybe his feelings were a little screwed but then he wouldn catch sight of her and all the doubts would diminish. Her scent would embrace him, and then he'd be back to staring at her like a erted ajusshi.

The entry of their strict teacher made the class shut up immediately. Everyone made a zig zag pattern back to their desks and sat down like obedient kids. Their backs straightened as hands clamped together and eyes rested on the teacher. Baekhyun returned to his seat and Sehun glanced up with a lazy look. He did this after he gave his mate one last lingering glance. 

Chaeyoung remembered her nightmare from last night. A pack of wolves. An ancient building. Blood. Lots of Blood. There was also this unfamiliar feeling swirling within her stomach when she remembered that particular scene in her dream. She was with a white wolf, big and courageous. It had a set of polished, milky teeth and it eyes. Emerald. The type of colour that was the heart of a ripe jade gem. The wolf had nuzzled against her as she giggled and pecked its neck a couple of times. She swore inwardly, gripping onto her hair. Right after that scene, more blood appeared in the nightmare before it all spiralled into a sea of black. She controlled her unatural breathing rate and tried to focus in class but the nightmare came haunting her back.

More stronger, pulsating and less difficult to ignore.

The bell saved Chaeyoung from becoming lost in her thoughts. She hurriedly packed her things, slipped it inside her leather bag and swung it over her shoulder. She was in a rush to go home and formulate plans to help her succeed in her mission. She had to show her brothers that she would succeed.

"Oh Sehun." The teacher called, "And Kim Chaeyoung. Please stay behind."

It felt like a tonne of bricks whacked her in all directions. No. No. No. She needed to go home. She was in the midst of an important mission.

Annoyed, she stayed at her desk, watching bitterly at how the other students scurried out the door until it was empty. Some girls gave her little curious looks, and she was tempted to flash her middle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter