Helping the coyotes?

Mission Impossible: Find Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was still young and Chaeyoung couldn’t care less about predators prowling around the forest. She still was in a bitter mood but she assured herself that she would be safe, that she was more than capable of protecting herself.

Ignoring the constant howls she heard, she leaped over some fallen trunks and prodded carefully to a clearing.

It had been the exact spot where Kai and Chanyeol built up the tent. She sniffed the area, smelling the faint smell of wolves mixed with another she couldn’t properly identify. She hoped she would be able to detect it more vividly if she stayed longer but a ruffle of leaves and twigs wielded her from her concentration.

She did a turn of 360 degrees but there was nothing in sight, well not from where she was. She warily but soundlessly made her way back into the forest, peering around.

A whimper of sounds rang in her ears and she ran to the cause to find 3 silver coyotes. Upon her arrival they barked wildly but snivelled as pain shook their inner beings. It sounded like they were in pain. She only realised none made a move to stand or move the slightest inch. They tamely just stayed hunched miserably over the dirt, drained and weak to bother threatening her.

“Traps.” Chaeyoung gasped seeing sharp metal clutches dug into their paws. She went over to the closest one and crouched down examining the wound.

The coyotes barked at her, trying to look intimidating but Chaeyoung just scoffed, “If I were you, I would shut it. All I’m trying to do is help you.” She said.

The coyotes yapped viciously again and Chaeyoung flicked its wet snout. “What did I just say?” She raised a brow, challenging the injured animal.

It simply stared at her, it eyes showing something like astonishment.

“Much better.” Chaeyoung smirked. She touched the metal clutch lightly and the coyote whimpered, earning some snickers from the other coyotes latched into traps. The coyote barked out something defensively but the others cracked up from his fury.

“This may hurt.” Chaeyoung whispered. She placed her hands on the metal clamps and forced them open. Using her frightening strength, Chaeyoung had his leg released and the trap thrown away.

The coyote attempted to stand but it dropped straight back down, heaving deep breaths. Chaeyoung crawled over to his tail, wary. She brushed her finger over his bloody coat and it shuddered under her touch. “I won’t hurt you.” She whispered, running her fingers over his thick coat where he was unharmed.

“This won’t hurt.” She informed as she bended a fire disk. It crackled sensitively in her palms, small but powerful. She brought it down onto the coyote’s paw but the animal flinched away, whimpering.

“I’m going to heal you.” Chaeyoung smiled angelically, forcing the coyote to believe her. It hastily closed its eyes and Chaeyoung shook her head in amusement before laying her hands on the coyote’s damaged skin.

The flames that surrounded her hands disappeared and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter