Almost exposed

Mission Impossible: Find Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was not eager to attend the party held by Tao’s parents but he had no other choice, plus, his friends wanted to go. The only reason Sehun reluctantly agreed to it was because the people also attending were quite important in the wolf hierarchy. As the prince of the werewolves, he was obliged to go.

“How do I look?” Baekhyun did a little twirl, showing off his black suit partnered up with a pair of half-white and black leather formal footwear.

The members commented except for Sehun whom was busy lost in his thoughts. He still troubled over the fact that Taemin was in town, and he was sure he knew who his mate was. That fascinated look he gave Chaeyoung in class the other day was proof.

*He better not lay a finger on her.* Sehun clenched his jaw, remembering how Taemin held intentions to kill off his mate. He was more worried since the camping trip was fast approaching and unfortunately it was the day of the Full Moon.

His connection to Chaeyoung would strengthen and he didn’t want to know how the full moon will affect him. He dreaded that day but atleast he had a few days to prepare. He would make sure that he would distant himself from Chaeyoung, if possible.

--

At the party, something disturbed Sehun. It wasn’t the loud noises of music and socialisation but that sweet scent lingering in the room. Though it was faint, he could still dimly smell her. It didn’t take long for him to detect where she was.

The first thing he noticed was that even from afar, she was a beauty. Her crimson dress complimented her exotic coloured hair, rendering him in awe but then he realised she was sitting on Tao’s lap, their gazes connected.

*What is this?* Sehun gritted his teeth.

It was worse when he watched them engage in a steamy make-out. He despised how Tao’s fingers trailed over her exposed back and he was dead furious and jealous.

Their gazes connected once and the look on her face was filled with anything but regret. Of course she wouldn’t be, they weren’t even together nor were they obliged to feel anything for the other.

His eyes caught in a silent war with Tao as they got up and left to who knows where but he was determined to not let them slip from his sight. He informed his friends that he was going to the restroom and they nodded, busying themselves with drinks and funny banter.

Sehun slipped passed the crowd of bodies but it was difficult to catch up to them considering half the house was filled with wolves and they obviously recognised him. They stopped him, igniting conversations Sehun found petulant. He lost trace of the two and he sighed in defeat allowing the crowd around him flood him with small talk and compliments.

--

Tao closed the door, deafening the silence from the thumping music.

“Are you alright?” Tao strode over to Chaeyoung whom was silent the whole time. She wouldn’t stop massaging her temples. “Are you weak to alcohol?”

Chaeyoung shook her head, “Not really, it’s just something else.” She assured, hoping Tao would just ignore her state but it seemed like he wouldn’t. “You need water?” He asked.

“No.” Chaeyoung moaned and laid flat on her back on his bed. She could smell his perfume coming closer, and the mattress sunk as his weight pushed down on it. In the next moment, Tao rolled over her, his palms resting on the side of her shoulders where he elevated himself.

“Tao?” Chaeyoung narrowed her golden eyes, “What do you think you’re doing?” She placed her hands over his chest and pushed but Tao simply stayed in position, a side grin planted on his lips. “Do you need another distraction?” He asked, his tone seductive and deadly close to a whisper. “…..get your mind of Sehun and all…” He lowered his body, so his weight slightly pressed upon hers. He perched his head over his palm, looking adorably towards Chaeyoung. “I’ll make you feel good.” He leaned forward, his lips grazing over her chin in a promising act.

Before Tao could further his moves, the door slammed open. Sehun stood at the door, his head tilted and his hands tucked inside his pocket, “It’s not very wise to steal another’s mate.” He sounded bored but in truth, his insides were boiling with resentment.

“Oh, I wasn’t stealing.” Tao laughed dryly and reluctantly slid onto his feet, “So, what do you want Sehun?”

Sehun growled, “You know exactly what I want.” He was irritated by the latter’s attitude. His eyes traced to Chaeyoung, “I want her.” His orbs darkened.

Tao shivered, feeling a brisk wind against his skin, “I don’t think so Sehun.”

Sehun scoffed, “You know exactly who I am. Shouldn’t you be obeying me?”

“We are not in our world Sehun. Your role here in this land is invalid.” Tao spoke as light smile curved over his lips.

Sehun grinded his teeth, purely infuriated. The room seemed be rapidly engulfed in a strong breeze. Sehun’s hair furiousl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter