One small step closer to her heart

Mission Impossible: Find Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are we now Kai?” Chanyeol’s peeked over the expressionless male, holding the compass in his hand. “So?” Chanyeol impatiently began.

Kai tapped the compass and the arrow didn’t move. “It’s broken.” He suddenly said.

“Now aren’t we stuffed?” Chanyeol muttered, pissed.

Kai looked aggravated as he chucked the useless device into the nearest trunk. It cracked into pieces causing Chanyeol to gape at the lumps of metal clumped on the dirt. “Kai, what the hell. Now we’re definitely screwed.”

“We’re not screwed; we’re wolv- naturals at finding our directions.” Kai tried to cover up his slip up. It was relief when all 3 of theirs heads shot towards Chaeyoung who was busy tying her converses to notice. Sehun glared at Kai in disapproval. Kai appeared regretful as she distanced himself in front with Chanyeol.

“I found one.” Chaeyoung squeezed through some prickly bushes to retreat a yellow flag. When she came back out from the tight space, Sehun shook his head in dismay. “You should’ve asked me to get it. Now look at you, you have scratches.”

“They’re nothing.” Chaeyoung defended.

“But you’re still hurt.” Sehun claimed.

“Anyways.” Chanyeol took the flag from Chaeyoung’s hand and found an envelope stuck at the back. He peeled it off and read the message aloud, “Well done on finding this clue, follow these directions to attain a tent.”

“Hmmmm, are we going to sleep in it over night?” Chanyeol seeped in the small diagram at the bottom of the envelope.

*I hope not.* Chaeyoung hoped. She didn’t like the idea of being stranded in a forest with 3 wolves.

It wasn’t long when Kai uncovered the bag filled with tent parts. He slung it over his shoulder and Sehun pulled off another yellow flag that was strapped on its side. He ripped the envelope open to find more instructions. “Set up this tent and collect wood for a fire.” He read out.

“This is seriously a waste of time.” Kai muttered as the 4 of them travelled to a place which was suitable. Sehun found a clearing free of trees where the ground was quite smooth for their tent to be built. “I’ll pitch up the tent.” Kai offered, unwrapped the bag and emptying its contents.  Dust splashed upwards and Chanyeol growled, “Watch it.” Kai rolled his eyes and flapped the bag in front of his face, “Stop being a little sis.”

“We’ll go find the wood.” Sehun said without hearing Chaeyoung’s decision. Chaeyoung willingly followed closely behind, her eyes scanning over the green landscape. She could smell how Sehun’s scent mixed well with their surroundings. The faint smell of raindrops, mint and grass.

“This should be good.” Sehun examined a thick branch of dry wood that lay untouched on the ground. It was breakable since it was fairly hollow and crunchy. He began to peel the wood parts in equal strips. Chaeyoung crouched down beside him to help, but Sehun swatted her hands, “Let me.” He continued to strip off the pieces.

“Then I don’t get why you let me come with you. I should’ve just helped Kai or Chanyeol pitch the tent up.”

Sehun looked angry but he didn’t say anything. He was too afraid to snap at her and knowing her, if he by chance did, she would’ve run away and end up lost.

Sehun managed to strip a whole bunch of wood material but there was one problem. “How do we carry it?” Chaeyoung asked looking at the tall bunch.

Sehun seemed to think of it but in seconds, he had tugged his shirt off leaving him in a pair of faded black jeans and boots. Chaeyoung raised her brow as her eyes landed on elastic band of his underwear hugging his V line. “Calvin Klein?” She motioned to his underwear.

“Huh?” Sehun lowered his gaze, “Oh.” He smirked, “Like it?” He his hips forward.

Chaeyoung would be lying if she didn’t think Sehun looked smoking hot at the moment. In the evening orange light, she could clearly see the outline of his torso that revealed a firm chest and almost defined abs. He wasn’t too pale but his muscles were of the lightest tan shade she’d seen.

“I’ve seen better.” She replied slyly, taking his shirt from his shoulder and stacking the wood pieces onto it. Sehun just looked dumbfounded before a tinge of jealously ventured into his body, “You’ve seen better?”

“Much much better.” Chaeyoung added like an over excited elementary girl, though she was sickly sarcastic. What Sehun didn’t know was his torso made her feel flustered. She’d seen better but none made her feel light-headed as Sehun’s did.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter