The proposition

Mission Impossible: Find Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung scrambled away from Kris's embrace, her feet slipped and she eventually tripped, landing on her . Kris's came forward to offer some help but she stuttered backwards, shaking her head. "I-I'm fine."

Kris accepted she was obviously wary around him and backed away. "No need to fear me. I'm just...me."

Well, that was the point. He was one of the were-wolf nobles. Kris was Kris. A highly acknowledged were-wolf. He was a noble, the leader of all 6. How could she not be cautious and daunted?

"Why am I here?" Chaeyoung surveyed the dim cave. Her nails unconciously dug into the gravel beneath her. She wondered how she ended up here, alone with the leader of the were-wolf nobles. "You brought me here?" Her question was dumb, cause obviously it was him.

"I've brought you here-"

"And where is 'here' exactly?" She arched a perfectly waxed brow.

Kris smirked, outstretching his arms. "This is my home."

"A cave?" She jeered.

"Do find this amusing young miss?" Kris also raised one of his black brows.

Chaeyoung shrugged, "Maybe."

*As expected from her* Kris pitched a tired sigh. "I actuallly have a propostion to make with you.....you see, the pace you're going at your mission is much too slow.....and I've been considering something that should hasten your mission."

"I thought I would be doing this by myself, and not with your support. I thought-"

"Yes, originally but me and the other nobles are feeling.....let's just say time is kind of running out faster than we have thought." He calmly revealed. He made sure that he didn't mention anything too dramatic, of what was actually occuring the instant they were conversing.  

Chaeyoung turned rigid. She barely started her mission and yet, this noble was saying she was already failing.

"My kingdom, the were-wolf kingdom is slowly falling apart without the heir's presence and without him there to protect the throne, the enemies have a higher chance of claiming the throne despite how many guards are protecting it."

"Then ask your majesty to get his back to his kingdom-"

"It's not that easy." Kris exhaled, burdened by his position in the were-wolf ranking. He held an important title and to top it all of, he was the leader of the 6 nobles. 

"What is then?" Chaeyoung decided to soften her tone.

Kris's eyes shimmered into its silver shade, casting a faint glow in the cave. "I have never met the were-wolf prince before, nor do I know how he looks like. It's as if he's hiding his were-wolf essence so he cannot be hindered by us or anyone else. We cannot track him down either but his kingdom is on the brink of doom. He has abandoned his people, responsibility and throne."

If Chaeyoung had met up with this were-wolf prince, she was certain she would uppercut him the instant she was able to.

Being the leader to thousands meant great responsibility.

The were-wolf prince surely must've been a coward for him to flee from his throne and abandon his own people in the process.

"I'm sorry to dump this all onto you but it's the truth I've been meaning to get off my shoulders. I feel that'll it be forever until the prince will show and so, your mission to restore Tao's memories has to be quickened."

Chaeyoung nodded, seeping in the information. She understood Kris, since she held major responsibilities of her own. "What do you propose?"

"Me and the other nobles will seek some of the lost memories as well. It should speed up everything."

"I hope so." Chaeyoung was in deep thought.

"But there's one strict condition that you must follow." Kris warned, the atmosphere around him hardening with pure power. "That boy..." His voice trailed suspiciously into the air as he faltered to utter the person's name, "...Oh Sehun. You must avoid him. He's seems dangerous."

*But he's one of you, a were-wolf* She wanted to say aloud but refused to.

Whatever Kris had in mind must've been reasonable for her to not get involved with Sehun.

A flash suddenly flew into her mind, reminding her of how she previously avoided him.

Sehun would definitely figure that she was avoiding him again if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter