Mending things with Tao

Mission Impossible: Find Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once Chaeyoung stepped foot into her cabin, Tao was there, specifically lying on her top bunk flipping through a magazine she read through earlier in the day. His longs legs draped over her bed, crossed together and bent upwards from the knees down.

“Tsk, what are you doing here?” Chaeyoung scowled, shutting the door and locking it shut, “Where’s my roommates?”

Tao emitted a dramatic sigh. He flopped the thick magazine back onto the pillow and perked up his elbow to rest his cheek on the side of his face while he glanced lazily down at her. “Where were you?” He ignored her questions and asked instead.

“Tao.” Chaeyoung mumbled, stripping off her jacket and arranging it lazily over a chair. When she looked up, Tao’s eyes rested on her exposed stomach, his expression glazed with something she couldn’t decipher. “What are you doing here?” Chaeyoung asked again, snapping Tao’s attention from her toned belly.

Tao coughed and averted his eyes. “I came to-…….” His head swivelled towards her, his eyes hard and calculating. “I can smell him on you again.” His voice was cold.

“Sehun?”

Tao rolled his eyes at the unwelcomed mention of the silver-head. “Yeah that mutt…..and you freaking reek of him.” He covered his nose with his sleeve to emphasise his point.

“Stop being childish.” Chaeyoung scoffed.

“Wait.” Tao stilled abruptly. He sniffed the air and it scrunched at the scent, “Were you near coyotes today?” He asked, dead serious.

Chaeyoung didn’t bother lying to the guy, “Yeah, an accident occurred.”

“Chaeyoung!” Tao was back to being an overprotective and immensely angry friend. “What were you thinking?!” He sat up and leaped out from the top bed. The room rattled slightly from the impact as he strolled towards her, expressionless. “You know they’re the enemies of wolves. So why bother going near them?”

“And? As you can see Tao, I’m not a wolf.”

“But you’re human!” He retorted, “That’s worser. They despise you people more than they do towards us wolves.”

*He seriously doesn’t know me well.* Chaeyoung thought. *I’m not human.*

He began listing all the wrongs which could’ve happened if she encountered coyotes yet Chaeyoung blocked out all his complaints. She wasn’t in the mood to be lectured by the guy.

“Just shut it Tao!” Chaeyoung yelled, frustrated.

Tao stopped mid-way from forming his next sentence, taken aback. “I-I was just-“

“I’m tired.” Chaeyoung simply explained, kicking off her shoes and socks. “….And about that whole Sehun and me re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter