LUCKY- BAEKHYUN PART 1

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

  LUCKY- BAEKHYUN PART 1

 

 

Baekhyun was busy looking over his office located at the top floor overlooking the dancefloor as he observed the multiplying number of people coming inside his bar.

 

“Baek.... the reports you needed me to submit for the other branches are here already... where do you want them placed?” Bom asked as she went inside carrying a few folders in her right arm.

 

“Just place them over the table... I’ll look over them in a bit.” Baek smiled as he turned around and looked at Bom,

 

“Bom... how is Kris?” Baek asked as he neared his table and flipped open the folder Bom placed on his desk.

 

“Oh... he has such a hectic schedule... ever since news came out of us dating each other... it was press con here and there... it’s really hard and fun at the same time!” Bom smiled looking out the glass window seeing the numerous customers coming inside the bar.

 

“How about you? How are you holding up from the pressure here in the main branch?” Bom asked with her back facing Baekhyun

 “Psh! ME? Break down? Never!” Baekhyun replied then a message from the intercom interrupted him,

 

“Sir... there is a Ms. Sooyoung waiting for you here at the bar” Sehun, the bar tender stated.

 

“Thanks Sehun... I’ll be down in a sec” Baekhyun smirked as he winked at Bom while heading out of the office

 

“Another date? You do realize you have different dates every night, right?” Bom asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

“I can’t help it if I am an eligible bachelor!” Baekhyun smirked as he went down the stairs giddily towards the bar.

 

O====o=====o

 

Meanwhile, at the other part of town...

 

“C’mon palli! Wouldn’t want to waste the night away! Palli!” Dara exclaimed as she waited impatiently for her friend who was taking a long time to get ready.

 

“I’m coming... almost done!” she said as she hurriedly ran down the stairs out the door and into the car where Dara was waiting

 

The minute Dara’s friend went inside the car she roared it to life and drove to the bar as fast as she can. Her friend just placed her seatbelt and had her hands glued at the sides of the seat for the whole duration of the ride.

 

“Are you sure you haven’t tried drag racing yet, unnie?” Dara’s friend exclaimed as she tried to pry her hands away from the dashboard.

 

Dara just smiled and went out of the car immediately, flipping her hair to the side.

 

“C’mon CL the rest of the girls are waiting for us already!” Dara gestured as CL released a sigh of relief and shrugged her nervousness away.

 

“A go go go!!!” CL uttered as she followed Dara inside the bar.

 

As the two girls were scanning the place... they went directly to the bar to see if they can locate where the rest of the girls were...

 

“C’mon... let’s go there, it’s easier to spot them there!” Dara pointed at the bar as she grabbed a hold of CL’s arm.

 

On their way to the bar, Baekhyun saw the two heading towards the bar.

 

“Hey there ladies! Welcome!” Baekhyun greeted as he placed his arms on both Dara and CL’s shoulders.

 

“Hey Baek! Have you seen the others? We are having our girl’s night out!” Dara smiled

 

“Bom is here already... she is just coming down from the office... wait... I’ll check ok?” Baekhyun smiled as he stood on top of the bar which surprised Sehun, his bartender...

 

“So... Baek, have you seen them?” CL asked impatiently looking up at Baekhyun who was scanning the place

 

“Oh... there they are... at the right side of the stage!” Baekhyun pointed out and went down of the bar as if it was the most normal thing to do and bid the ladies goodbye and headed for his date for the night.

 

The two headed at the right side of the stage where their other friends were.

 

“My oh my... Baekhyun-oppa’s bar is always packed especially on weekends, it’s filled with cute, handsome and y guys!” Minzy uttered while sipping her drink scanning the dance floor for some fresh catch.

 

“There you go again Minkki... don’t let Baekhyun hear you or else you will hear the end of it again!” Lydia uttered elbowing Minzy

 

“Well what’s the use of having a cousin who owns the hippest bar in town if I can’t get a date for tonight?” Minzy rolled her eyes upward

 

“You two are really alike!” Dara uttered as she heard Minzy’s rant as they made their way to the table.

 

As soon as they settled down, Bom arrived with a huge smile on her face happy to see that the group is complete!

 

As the drinks arrived courtesy of Baekhyun, ladies night began.

 

“So where are the beaus tonight?” Lydia asked

 

“Kris is shooting for a new movie in the province.” Bom raised her hand then followed by Dara

 

“Chanyeol has a provincial concert with the band yesterday, today and tomorrow... I am a free girl until Sunday!” Dara raised her glass with glee.

 

“And you Minkki-ah?” Lydia asked curiously

 

“Um... he will follow suit after his rehearsals... is that okay?” Minzy stated while biting her nails

 

“Minkki-ah... ladies night is exclusively for ladies... no men tonight!” CL clarified in protest

 

“B-but... this is a bar... there is a dance floor... and it’s a weekend...” Minzy scratched her head

 

“Arasso... arasso... Minkki-ah... we know you can’t get enough of Kai... fine... fine... we forgive you... but this is the last time, arasso!” Bom stated while wagging her finger in front of Minzy’s face

 

“How long have you been dating, this Kai guy?” Lydia asked

 

“6 months already!” Minzy smiled and finished her drink in one shot.

 

“And you my dear CL... where is the beau?” Lydia turned her attention to the girl sitting beside her.

 

Bom, Dara and Minzy were shaking their heads trying to signal to Lydia to stop asking and cut it out, but Lydia didn’t quite get it as she looked at CL expectantly.

 

“I don’t have any...” CL replied plainly as she took her drink in one go and placed the shot glass hardly on the table

 

“Okay... let’s just have fun tonight!” Bom stated trying to change the subject.

 

“I broke up with that sorry piece of trash! Trying to take advantage of me! Heh!” CL snorted and rolled her eyes upward

 

“C’mon let’s just party and throw our worries away!” Dara stated cheerfully as she pulled CL out of her seat and led her to the dancefloor.

 

“Boyfriend topic is out of the question for CL... her ex cheated on her... that sorry piece of an excuse for a boyfriend of hers!” Bom whispered towards Lydia as they decided to join the two and dance the night away!

 

O===o====o====o

 

The following morning... Baekhyun came rushing down and knocking like a mad man on CL’s back door.

 

Baekhyun and CL live next door to each other...

 

“CL! CL! Open the door! Please!” Baekhyun sounded desperate while banging nonstop on the door.

 

“BAek... what are you trying to do?!” CL stated as she could hardly open her eyes.

 

“C’mon... hide me!” Baekhyun quickly went inside CL’s house as if someone was after him.

 

“Okay... what happened this time?” CL stated as she rolled her eyes upward as she sat on her counter waiting for Baekhyun to explain.

 

“You see... I dated this girl... the one at the bar... what’s her name again? Oh yeah... Sooyoung... at first the night was going great... then I cracked a joke... and then I heard her snort like a pig! What’s worse she eats like one too! I was really embarrassed, we were the center of attention, I somehow gave her the impression that I am interested in her, first she called my cellphone and now... she’s at my front door... please help me!” Baekhyun begged batting his eyes like a lost puppy.

 

CL looked and took a moment to think with her arms crossed.

 

“Fine, one last time!” CL nodded with Baekhyun clinging himself to her as they went out of her house and went to the house next to hers and went through the back door.

 

“Baek... this will be the last time I will play the angry girlfriend role... I am getting sick and tired of this!” CL warned Baekhyun as he nodded with his puppy eyes.

 

CL shrugged her shoulders, took a deep breath and headed for the front door of Baekhyun’s and opened it angrily.

 

“Who the heck are you?!” CL asked with a loud voice, startling the girl standing in front of the door.

 

“I-is B-baekhyun home?” Sooyoung struggled to speak

 

“Are you one of his bimbos?! For you information Baekhyun is mine! I don’t care what he told you, what he promised you or what you two did... he is mine! How many times must I catch him two timing me?!” CL ranted and ranted until all Sooyoung wanted was to walk away

 

“What are you still standing here for? Go! Baekhyun’s not home! He’s probably out still flirting with another woman willing to believe his lies! Now beat it!” CL shouted and stared long and hard at Sooyoung’s retreating figure.

 

CL then slammed the door and smiled.

 

“There, that’s done!”

 

“Thank you, I owe you one!” Baekhyun smiled back

 

“You owe me breakfast!” CL exclaimed as the two headed for the kitchen as CL found her way towards the bar stool in front of the kitchen counter, looking at what Baekhyun was preparing.

 

“I knew you would say that... which is why I prepared some pancakes for you and hot coffee” Baekhyun stated with his cutesy cute style

 

“Blech! If people only knew how much you love doing this type of aegyo thing... bwahahahahaha... it would be such a ruckus, Byun Baekhyun the cool owner of BARHOPPER... doing aegyo!” CL stated as she took a slice of pancake to

 

“Then that would be the death of me then!” Baekhyun uttered as he took a slice of CL’s pancake

 

“Yah... you have your own pancake... no taking mine!” CL guarded her plate away from Baekhyun’s hand.

 

The two ate breakfast with laughter, as they were doing the dishes...

 

“So how disastrous was the disaster?” CL tried to hide her smirk

 

“The dancing! She was doing this thing with her arms... flailing them from side to side like some sort of a ritual dance... her eyes were like she was possessed by something!” Baekhyun described it and tried to imagine it which brought shivers down his spine.

 

Baekhyun demonstrated the dance much to CL’s amusement. Baekhyun heard CL’s laughter and soon realized that CL was enjoying his humiliation so he stopped and looked at CL and stared hard at her.

 

“So... how about you? Have you found Mr. Right, yet?” Baekhyun asked while wriggling his eyebrows.

 

“I am looking for Mr. Right... not Mr. Right Now!” CL shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Chaerin... it has been what? It has been almost a year since that James guy did that to you... it’s time to move on now!” Baekhyun stated while putting his arm around CL’s shoulders

 

“Well, I haven’t found my Mr. Right... yet... but I’m not losing hope! He’s out there somewhere! I know it!” CL replied plainly.

 

“You’ve told me that a hundred times before and still... you haven’t found him yet! You are not getting any younger... Chaerin!” Baekhyun uttered

 

“He is out there somewhere... I know it!” CL replied and shrugged her shoulders free from Baekhyun’s arm

 

“You are hopeless!” Baekhyun raised his arms up in surrender

 

“Love is patient! I bet you... I can find the right one before you can find the perfect date for you!” CL stated proudly with her arms crossed.

 

“You’ve got yourself a bet my dear! If I win... you’ll go bungee jumping with me!” Baekhyun said boldly extending his right arm for a shake, knowing how CL is so afraid of heights.

 

“Hah! And if I win... you’ll do you aegyo sh*t in front of your customers... on stage... in your bar!” CL exclaimed as they shook hands to finalize the bet.

 

After a moment, the two became silent as the bet slowly sunk in.

 

“Baek... about the bet.. are we really serious about it?” CL asked while scratching her head.

 

“If I were you... I would stop asking and start looking for Mr. Right... cause you know me... I don’t back out on a bet!” Baekhyun stated proudly with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

 

“I hate you! I hate myself for making this stupid bet with you!” CL scowled and turned away heading for the back door.

 

“Have a nice day!” Baekhyun teased in a sing-song manner while waving his hands

 

“I am never gonna have a nice day after this!” CL grunted as she slammed the door shut... and then after awhile the back door opened once again and in came CL marching towards Baekhyun nearing him in a scary stance.

 

“I don’t have my key... can I get the spare?” CL reached her hand out as Baekhyun smirked and turned around to get his key to CL’s front door.

 

Baekhyun then slowly placed the key on CL’s palm and smirked at her as he saw CL frown like a child with a tantrum walking out of the door to her house.

 

O====O=====O

 

SO HERE IS THE LAST PAIRING...

 

 

 

BAEKHYUN... WITH.... CL

 

 

 

 

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE...

 

 

 

 

tell me what you think about it...

 

 

 

 

 

comment down below...

 

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~