BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 4 1/2

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 4 1/2

 

 

                    

Tao and the others went their way into the deep forest, unknown to them that they were being followed.

                                                                              

“Shhh! Nobody move!” Tao stated as they stopped from walking as they heard the wind blew.

 

“What?” Luhan uttered as he stood still looking up at the sky

 

“What is it? Why are we stopping?” Xiumin asked appearing behind Luhan

 

“I said... nobody move!” Tao repeated as he rolled his eyes upward

 

“Oh! A bird!” Lay pointed up

 

Then all of a sudden, someone was rushing towards them, it was coming for them...

 

That someone appeared right in front of Tao and grabbed a hold of his arm

 

“Move!”

 

“Dara?!” Tao uttered as he ran along with her with the others following him.

 

Dara led them to a cave nearby as she placed her finger on signalling them to keep quiet.

 

As the wind blew hardest, they could hear howling and rustling of leaves and then after a moment... nothing.

 

Dara then released a sigh of relief and nodded.

 

“What is going on?” Kris asked

 

“Why are you here?” Dara asked looking at Tao

 

“Why are you here?” Tao asked back

 

Dara shook her head and looked straight at Tao

 

“It’s dangerous here... you should tell D.O. to leave this island... please... you must leave!” Dara uttered in a worried tone

 

“If it’s dangerous then you should leave too!” Tao said holding Dara on her arms

 

“You don’t understand... this is our place... this is our sacred ground... you are not supposed to be here... it is dangerous around this time... please, just come back some other day... not today!” Dara stated pleading

 

“I don’t understand Dara... what is there to worry about?!” Tao wondered...

 

Then Dara stepped out of the cave and Tao heard screams and grunts as if she was fighting off with someone or something. When Tao and the rest went out of the cave... there were a group of huge monsters... they were ape-like and huge and they have a thunderous roar.

 

 

Dara was able to fight off one of them much to Tao’s surprise. Dara might be small... frail looking... but she was strong... she could fight one of the monsters in their midst. She matched the strength of the monster.

 

Tao and the others fought with the others using their guns, swords and fist.

 

“Aim for the head... much easier that way!” Dara instructed as she climbed up on one of the monsters grabbed its head and then snapped it in two.

 

Chen and Xiumin teamed up as they both went straight for the head of the monster in front of them, kicking it down as Chen grabbed its head and pulled it out.

 

Luhan and Lay were busy fighting off each monster, dodging its monstrous strikes and arms, once they had the opportunity, Lay kicked the head of the monster making it fall down as Luhan stepped on its neck and snapped it off. While the other monster roared and headed straight for Luhan, Lay grabbed a sword and sliced its head off.

 

Kris used his gun to injure the monster, he went up the tree and aimed for its head... but the monster was a fast climber, it was able to reach Kris a top the tree, it clawed on him making Kris fall from the tree, breaking his leg in the process, the monster was growling slowly approaching Kris’ injured state ready to bite off his head, when Kris got a hold of a sword and stabbed it in the chest and he withdrew the sword and sliced its head off.

 

Tao on the other hand was busy fighting off two monsters at the same time... he used his fists to fight them off, Dara saw that he was having a hard time, she took on one of the monsters and easily snapped its head into  two. Tao then jumped in the air and gave a flying kick to the head of the monster, as he did he grabbed onto its shoulders and went for its neck breaking it.

 

Tao and his crew were catching their breath as he looked at Dara. Lay tended to Kris’ leg, he bandaged his leg as Dara looked on.

 

“So... you are considered the weakest among your sisters? What are your sisters then... amazons?” Tao jested with a smirk

 

“Still Tao... it is dangerous here... those are just one of the monsters lurking in the forest during daytime... night time creatures are ferocious!” Dara reiterated

 

“What is happening here Dara... why are you here?” Tao asked

 

“Tomorrow night is a full moon! For all the night creatures and night monsters... it’s a festival... actually not a festival but a battle for supremacy... whoever wins gets to rule over the night creatures until the next full moon... so all the creatures of the night... all known and unknown are gathering here tonight... to prepare for a battle tomorrow, it is dangerous to stay out especially when night time comes.. that is when they are at their strongest... nocturnal!” Dara answered with a serious tone

 

“Are you one of them? Are mermaids creatures of the night as well? Why are you here then?” Tao asked

 

“I am... needed here... I have something that they want and might need after the battle.” Dara uttered as she looked away

 

“When will you stop giving vague answers and answer truthfully?” Tao asked growing frustrated every minute

 

“Tao... for your safety... go now and ask questions later!” Dara insisted

 

“Tao... I think we should tell the Captain of what is gonna happen here tonight... we should seek safety first... if those creatures were one of many monsters coming here tonight, we won’t stand a chance!” Kris uttered as Lay helped him to stand up.

 

Tao looked at the state of Kris as he nodded,

 

“Fine. You guys are going back to the ship where it’s safe... Lay hyung keep an eye on hyung’s injury and keep an eye on the ship... Luhan hyung look for the nearest island we can go to, Chen hyung check the sails and the condition of the ship, Xiumin hyung prepare a sumptuous meal... I will be mighty hungry after doing all of these...  I will go and look for D.O. and the others and tell them what is happening... and you...” Tao looked at Dara as he held her right arm

 

“You are coming with me!” Tao stated as he gave his crew a deathly stare as they went their separate directions.

 

Tao and Dara walked hurriedly on foot as Luhan pointed to them the direction of West where D.O. and the others were headed.

 

“WE should hurry Tao, it’s almost night time!” Dara uttered worriedly

 

Tao looked at his side where Dara was running side by side with him. But before they could reach the clearing near the shore of the lake, they encountered another group of monsters...

 

 

 

Dara shushed Tao and held his arm to stop him from moving... the group of monsters crowded an abandoned well, they were night water creatures... no sudden movements and they wouldn’t be alarmed, you should move very slowly while around them, make little sound as possible... a slight noise will agitate them and make them berserk.

 

They were agile night creatures...

 

Then the wind blew and made a howling sound, the monsters growled at the sound and turned around... they saw Tao and Dara frozen in their place, with eyes wide as they were seen by the monsters.

 

The moment they were seen, they screeched a deafening scream which made Tao and Dara cover their ears... that was when the monsters began to attack.

 

There were a handful of them present at the well... there were about 6 of them crowding it... the monsters circled around Tao and Dara... releasing a screeching scream almost bursting their ear drums.

 

Tao covered his ears as he looked around him being surrounded by these monsters. Then another wind blew which triggered the monsters to lunge an attack at them.

 

Dara then jumped as high as she can as she held Tao’s shoulders for leverage and kicked the nearest creature while Tao fought with the others lunging at him. Punched right and left, here and there.... kick and jump and dodge...

 

Dara then punched through the chest of one of the monsters creating a hole on it, Tao then grabbed for his sword and sliced the monsters in two or slashed them across their body.

 

After that attack, another group arrived, the two seemed outnumbered...

 

“Are you prepared?” Tao uttered in a low voice, looking around them as they were surrounded by the creatures... Dara nodded breathing heavily

 

“Let them come!” Dara uttered as another bout of attack came at them...

 

 

 

AAAAArrrrgggghhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

 

 

The two heard the shouts of men as Tao saw D.O. and the others attacking the creatures and fought along side them.

 

“Just in time!” D.O. uttered as he side glanced Tao and was shocked to see Dara standing beside Tao...

 

 

O====O====O

 

just a short update....

 

 

 

ahhhhh....

 

 

 

 

 

 

lately, these past few days... i feel so lonely...

 

 

anyways... let me know what you think

 

 

 

 

comment down below

 

 

~lostschoolboy~