DON'T GO- SUHO PART 2

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

DON’T GO- SUHO PART 2

 

“RUN!” Bom shouted as she grabbed the man’s arm and started running towards the opposite direction, towards the deep forest.

 

“Wait! Wait! Who are we running away from?” Suho asked as he tried to keep up with Bom’s agile steps

 

“Dark forces! Faster!” Bom replied as she looked back and saw that they were gaining on them

 

Suho stopped and tried to free himself from Bom’s grasp, the moment he was freed, he placed his bag down on the ground and stood there as if waiting for the dark forces.

 

“What are you doing? We have to run!” Bom uttered as she ran back trying to pull Suho back with her

 

“Just stay behind me...” Suho uttered as he stood his ground and awaited the first attack of the dark force.

 

The moment the dark entity lunged for an attack, Suho did his summoning and waves of waterwall hit the two entities coming their way.

 

Then after the two dark entities were washed away, another one came from above.

 

“Above you!” Bom shouted as she looked up and covered her head bracing herself for an attack

 

Suho directed his water attack upwards and washed the dark entity away.

 

After awhile, they remained standing, while Suho tried to catch his breath and Bom was still covering her head waiting for the attack.

 

Suho turned around to check on the lady behind him, he saw that the lady was still in a ball and covering herself from an attack.

 

“Miss? Kenchana?”

 

“Huh?” Bom slowly looked up and was blinded by the light and the shining man standing in front of her, “Wh-who are you?” Bom asked

 

“My name is Suho... I was the guy you hurriedly dragged all the way here!” Suho smiled as he offered his hand for her to stand

 

“Ah... neh... mian... my name is Bom... are you a guardian?” Bom asked as she slowly stood up trying to straighten her clothes

 

“Ani, I am not a guardian, I am an elemental... the guardian is my boss!” Suho replied grabbing his backpack and placing it on his back.

 

“What are you doing here?” Bom asked

 

“I am going to go to the river over there... I have to get some underwater lily for my friend” Suho replied pointing to the direction he was going

 

“Mind if I tag along? Cause I feel alot safer with you around.” Bom smiled as she placed her hands behind her back and walked with him side by side.

 

When the two of them reached the river, Suho then began to descent to the river while Bom decided to just sit there and enjoy listening to the sound of the flowing water.

 

Suho then emerged after a while,

 

“The water is great! It’s not cold, just the right temperature... c’mon!” Suho asked as he placed a bunch of lilies he got and placed them inside a plastic container.

 

“Um... it’s not that I don’t know how to enjoy the water... it’s just that, I don’t know how to swim!” Bom uttered biting her lip

 

“Don’t worry, you don’t need to swim, you just need to just casually walk towards me, and I’ll hold you... it’s not that deep, just waist deep up to here” Suho stated showing her the level of the water, he stretched his hand out, Bom was a bit hesitant but agreed to go as well.

 

The moment Bom’s feet went into contact with the water, she let out a yelp, and then Suho smiled at her telling her that it’s ok, they then went in the water hand in hand as Bom slowly tried to play with the water, making small splashes.

 

“Is this really your first time?” Suho asked with a smile, fascinated at how childlike the lady in front of him was, seeing her playing with the water, turning herself around.

 

“Neh! Whoooo! This is fun!” Bom uttered as she splashed some onto Suho.

 

Thus begun a water fight... they were having fun, that they lost track of time. By the time they got tired of playing, it was already noon time.

 

“Omo! It’s late... I have to go... it was fun! See you around, Suho-ssi!” Bom uttered as she walked out of the river then transformed herself into a butterfly and flew out.

 

Suho was surprised to see that such a delicate creature was within his grasp. The moment Bom transformed herself into a butterfly, his mouth went open and was shocked at the beauty in front of him. He stared at her until she was out of his line of sight.

 

He sighed and grabbed his bag as he whirled around and instantly became dry in one go. He then went on back to their cottage.

 

O===o====o

 

Bom arrived back to their place still drenched wet. Minji was shocked to see her in that state.

 

“Omo! Unnie! What happened to you? Did it rain?” Minji asked as she handed her a towel

 

“Ani... I played in the water! ME! Can you believe it?! In the water!?” Bom exclaimed as she held onto Minji’s arms

 

“Really?! How? I thought you were afraid of the water!” Minji asked as she looked happily at her excited unnie.

 

Due to the noise Bom was making, Chaerin and Dara woke up from the sleep.

 

“What’s the commotion all about?” Dara asked scratching her eyes open

 

“Unnie! Bom-unnie is wet! She went into the water!” Minji exclaimed excitedly while jumping around together with Bom

 

“Wah! Chincha?!” Dara was fully awake at the news, because Bom really hated going into any body of water, so it was really a surprise to see her drenched because she went into the water

 

“I think someone was with her!” Chaerin noticed the glow on Bom’s cheek the moment she mentioned that someone was with ther

 

“There really was someone with you, wasn’t there?!” Dara asked with wide eyes, Bom nodded slowly

 

“WAAAAAAHHHH! EEEEEEEEP!” the girls shrieked in unison

 

“Who is he?” Dara asked

 

“I met him... in the forest today, he helped me with the dark entities... he is an elemental... his name is Suho” Bom replied hiding her blushing cheeks using her blanket.

 

“Omo! Unnie... you met an elemental and a dark force! Woah! That’s scary!” Chaerin uttered

 

“Yes it was, I managed to down 2 of them... it was a good thing Suho was there... he easily defeated the others with his powers... it was so cool... he was shining like the sun rising when I looked up after the attack... his smile... I’ll never forget that smile of his... seeing it makes me feel like I can do anything... probably that’s what happened, when I saw him smile, it felt like I could easily go into the water... it was so fun... being in the water... I didn’t have to swim... I just have to stand and splash... awww... his smile really is infectious... it’s perfect!” Bom said dreamily as she stared at nothing while recalling the events that happened.

 

“Ah, it really hit her then!” Dara stated

 


“What hit her unnie?” Minji asked cluelessly

 

“Aigoo Minkki-ah... you are too young for that...” Dara stated with a smile

 

“What hit her?” Minji asked again

 

“Bom-unnie is lovestruck!” Chaerin answered plainly as she put the covers back over her head and tried to sleep again.

 

“Bom-unnie! You have to change your clothes... you are still wet... you don’t want to get sick now!” Minji stated while going after Bom who was still twirling around and around the room, while recalling her moment with Suho.

 

O==o====o

 

“About time you got here!” Xiumin stated seeing that Suho finally showed up

 

“Micky-hyung is looking for you, he is waiting inside his study room.” Lay stated as he got from Suho’s bag the lilies he requested

 

“What’s with that stupid-looking smile on your face?” Xiumin teased nudging Suho to the side

 

“Hyung! Stop it!” Suho blushed

 

“Woah! Stop! Whoever you are... what have you done to Suho!?” Xiumin jokingly stated as he grabbed Suho’s arm

 

“Are you sure you are Suho-ssi?” Lay asked riding along with Xiumin

 

“Stop it guys! Today, I met a butterfly!” Suho smiled as he went inside the cottage to talk to Micky.

 

“Doesn’t that normally mean that he was being visited by a dead person?” Lay wondered

 

“Not a dead person Lay... a soul of a dead person wanted to visit him... that’s what... did you see he way he smiled... he looked way cheeky! Brrrr... it looks gross on his face...” Xiumin stated rubbing his arms

 

“He looks handsome when he has a serious face... but when he smiles or blushes it just looks downright cheesy... blech! Well, I’m off to my lab then hyung! See you later!” Lay uttered as he went to the side of cottage where his lab was located together with his lilies.

 

O===o====o

 

Suho knocked on the door to Micky’s study room, he heard the older man answer as he slowly opened the door.

 

“You wanted to see me?” Suho asked as he walked towards Micky’s study table

 

“Come have a seat.” Micky gestured for Suho to a chair as Suho sat down stiffly

 

“I have a problem...” Micky trailed as he crossed his fingers and propped his elbows on the arm rest of the chair he was sitting on

 

“What is it hyung?” Suho asked with a concerned look on his face

 

“I can’t find my blue wife beater top... have you seen it?” Micky replied so seriously that Suho was taken aback by the fact that the guardian wanted to see him because he wanted to know where he placed his piece of clothing.

 

“Hyung! I thought it was something serious! What the?!” Suho released a sigh of relief

 

“What?! It’s serious! I need to find it, I wanted to wear it for tomorrow’s gala night at the town festival!” Micky replied, “You are all coming with me to that festival... don’t want to be stuck around those snobbish elites!”

 

“That piece of clothing is probably still in your laundry, since you haven’t taken it out for weeks now! The festival tomorrow... hyung... um... what do you know about the butterflies?” Suho asked as he tried to hide his blush

 

“The butterflies... they are messengers of the dead to put it plainly... they are mysterious creatures actually... no history of where they came from... and when they die they just disappear, just gone into thin air... no idea where they came from and no idea where they go off to... why do you ask?” Micky replied studying Suho’s reaction

 

“I met one today... she is beautiful hyung... she is, I think the epitome of beauty... she is childlike and at the same time she is fierce and strong... and yet the mere sight of her makes you want to take care of her...” Suho described his encounter as he told him about the attack of the dark forces.

 

“You were attacked? So early in the morning? That’s a bit odd, don’t you think?” Micky paused as he gathered his thoughts, “The reason they are called as dark forces, is because they only come out at night or where it’s dark... hence the name DARK FORCES... but you were out when the sun has already risen, meaning total light and shine and brightness... hmmmm, what happened during the attack?”

 

Suho narrated to Micky what happened and the older was baffled that there were only a few who attacked, because usually the attacks come in a huge size, like the least amount you could encounter would be about 10, and yet they were attacked by only 4 or 5 entities.

 

Suho then asked to be excused to leave the older one to his thoughts. Suho then headed towards their room to take a bath and prepare for a late lunch.

 

The following day, Micky together with Suho went to town, they made sure that the preparation for tonight’s festivities were perfect. Micky wanted to put up a wonderful celebration since all the guardians of DBSK were attending.

 

Xiumin and Lay were also in town to lend a helping hand to the people preparing for the feast. Xiumin made sure that the ladies were preparing delicious foods for the tonight’s festivity as Lay helped putting up the decorations.

 

O====o=====o

 

“Unnie! I heard that there was some celebration tonight at the town! Want to go?” Chaerin asked as she saw Bom taking a rest in one of the rocks near their place.

 

“Sure! I love festivities! What should we wear?” Bom asked

 

“It’s a costume party!” Chaerin replied excitedly clapping her hands

 

“Oooohhh... we get to dress up then!” Bom stated as she stood up and headed back to their house.

 

“Where are you going unnie?” Chaerin asked

 

“Going to check my closet for something to wear tonight, what about you?” Bom asked

 

“I am off to my third visit for the day!” Chaerin stood up and transformed into a butterfly and flew away.

 

After Bom decided what to wear for tonight’s celebration, she tried to take a walk towards the forest, hoping that she would get a glimpse of Suho again.

 

She walked to the falls again and  was dipping her foot in the water...

 

“You come here often?”

 

Bom heard a familiar voice that she was happy to hear, she smiled at him and said

 

“Neh... this is where I go to after my visits... the sound of the falls calms me...”

 

“Are you coming to tonight’s festivities in town?” Suho asked as he sat beside her

 

“Yup... my friend told me about it... we get to dress in costumes right?” Bom asked trying to contain her excitement seeing him again

 

“Yes... it would be fun to dress up as well... but we are required to wear our robes for tonight’s festivities... we would look like monks... aish... really, we would look way creepy with that kind of outfit!” Suho uttered as he threw a rock and tried to bounce it on the water.

 

Bom just laughed at that and side glanced towards him. She caught sight of his profile... well chiselled nose, lips that are pink... white skin... and sparkling eyes... she clutched her chest to stop her heart from beating so fast.

 

“Are you alright?” Suho asked as he turned his attention towards her, Bom nodded and looked straight ahead avoiding his stares.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Suho said while continuing to look at her, Bom nodded waiting for him to continue.

 

“Do you really carry the souls of the dead and visit their loved ones?”

“Yes... but I’d like to think of our role as a bridge... we bridge the gap of the living and the dead world... we bring hope and assurance that the dead have been laid to rest and the living can continue living... I find joy in giving these kinds of feelings to every visit I make...” Bom paused and shifted her position

 

“Where do you come from?” Suho asked looking at Bom’s eyes for the first time

 

“We are born from the wind and the light... when they combine during the start of a storm the creation of a butterfly begins... the thunderstorms and rains signals our creation and that moment when you can see the light of the sun peeping from the clouds that is where we are born, flying from the clouds down to our sanctuary... our home... a place in between the living world and the underworld... a gateway” Bom explained looking up at the clouds

 

“Where do you go to when you... you know... expire? Um... how do I put this...” Suho tried to search for a word for it

 

“When we die?” Bom finished his sentence, “We go back to where we came from... the wind and light... that is why we vanish into thin air... and we get to be reborn again...but without the memories of our past life”

 

“Oh... so you are a reincarnation of a past then?” Suho asked

 

“Yes, in a way...” Bom nodded then she stood up, “Suho-ssi... is it okay to... I mean I know that I just met you yesterday... and you might think it weird of me... but is it okay to like you?” she lowered her head too shy to meet his gaze...

 

“Huh? You like me?” Suho repeated her words trying to make sense of what he was hearing, the beautiful butterfly standing in front of him likes him.

 

Suho nodded and smiled and held her hand,

 

“It’s okay to like me if it’s okay to like you too”

 

“You like me too?” Bom’s eyes widened in surprise and happiness inside her for their feelings were mutual.

 

As they stared into each other’s eyes, they could hear the bell from the town ring... signalling the start of the festivities.

 

“Oh, I have to go... see you at the celebration then!” Bom uttered as she then transformed herself into a butterfly and flew away.

 

“See you...” Suho waved as he went towards the direction of the cottage.

O====O====O

 

i don't know why... but i am in a good mood while writing this story...

 

 

so i decided to post a double update for you guys...

 

 

hope you like it and tell me your thoughts and feelings while reading it...

 

 

you know the drill, comment down below

 

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~