HEARTATTACK- CHEN PART 2

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

HEARTATTACK- CHEN PART 2

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

Chaerin and Minji entered the private room, much to the shock of everyone, especially one individual who was expecting a reply from one of the new arrivals.

 

“You two know each other?” Luhan asked as he stood up and kissed Minji on the cheek offering the two a chair to sit on.

 

“Omo! Lulu oppa?!” Chaerin blurted out all of a sudden, she was overwhelmed by all the information she was getting in one day and much to her surprise she was in a room... with EXO-M members, CHEN... he was there... sitting in a corner with wide eyes also looking back at her... she panicked and just pointed her finger at Luhan and then looked at each and everyone’s towering stature... she then looked at her friend Minji who was shocked to see her expression.

 

“Unnie...are you alright?” Minji was about to reach out her hand when Chaerin dashed out of the room.

 

She needed some air... she needed to get her act together... keep calm... breathe in and out... she was fanning herself as she ran outside in front of the cafe.

 

“Omo! Omo! Omo! Chaerin-ah get a hold of yourself... this is the moment you have been waiting for... a private time with them... with him... you can do this! Don’t spoil this Chaerin-ah!” Chaerin kept on telling herself as she gasped for air to keep herself calm.

 

She heard hurried footsteps behind her, she was still gasping for air and fanning herself, she turned around and was shocked at the chest that greeted.

 

“Omo! Mianhaeyo!” both of them chorused

 

“Are you alright?” Chen asked as he held onto Chaerin’s arms to prevent her from falling.

 

“Ah... neh... just give me a fan girl moment...” Chaerin stated as she took a step back away from Chen and then inhaled and exhaled, after a moment she smiled and looked at Chen who was hiding his face under his scarf to avoid being seen by fans.

 

“Do you want to go back in... I am fine now!” Chaerin smiled as the two walked back inside the cafe.

 

Chen then let Chaerin get in first being the gentleman he is.

 

“So... you are CL?” Chen started as he side glanced her once they head to the staircase going up to the private room.

 

“Huh? How did you know?” Chaerin was shocked as she looked back at his smiling face.

 

“Internet! Where else? Tao was browsing some of the pictures of our fan signing events... he loves to do that and save his fan taken pictures on his phone... we chanced upon a picture of a fan asking for an autograph with a caption that says CL with Chen...” Chen replied with a smile on his face.

 

“Ahhh... surprise!” Chaerin exclaimed which gained her a thunderous laugh from the member who was in charge of thunder and lightning in their group.

 

 

The two then headed back to the room, Chen opened the door and let Chaerin pass, once she was inside, she saw her friend Minji holding Luhan’s hand so casually as if it has always been there, made to fit in between Luhan’s

 

“Omo! It really is no joke then? You really are together! As in together together!” Chaerin exclaimed as she stared at Luhan and Minji.

 

“Someone is sulking because he is being ignored!” Xiumin butted in as he looked teasingly at Chen who walked in and was pouting at a corner with his arms crossed over his chest.

 

Chaerin looked at Xiumin’s direction and saw him pointing towards Chen who was facing the window.

 

“Omo! Chen-ssi! Annyeong!” Chaerin greeted as she waved her hands at him.

 

The moment Chen heard his name he glanced up and saw her smiling face, gone was his sulking and he was back to being cheerful.

 

“So... how do you two know each other?” Lay asked

 

“She’s a childhood friend of mine... we literally grew up together... side by side... our houses were just a jump away from each other... she was the friend I wanted to buy a souvenir that time oppa!” Minji smiled as she looked at Luhan who was nodding his head.

 

“Neh... we grew up together, although I am a year older than her, I was her unnie so to speak... until our family needed to move to Japan, because my father was offered a job at the university there.” Chaerin continued the explanation and mentioned everything she knows about Lulu... much to the delight of everyone and much to the embarrassment of Luhan being called Lulu.

 

After chattering, Chen decided to sit beside Chaerin and he planned to engage her in some small talk.

 

“So what do you do for a living?” Chen asked sipping his 2nd serving of iced coffee

 

“I am an aspiring fashion designer... some department stores in Seoul carry my brand...” Chaerin smiled

 

“Really? What brand is it?” Chen asked

 

“Nappeun Gizibe!” Chaerin replied, much to her surprise Chen grabbed something from his bag.

 

“This? Nappeun Gizibe? This one? Uri stylist noona makes us wear some of it!” Chen asked as he shown her the bandanas and some shirts he has in his bag.

 

Chaerin’s eyes widened in shock as everyone looked at them since Chen’s excited voice caught their attention.

 

“Huh! Nappeun Gizibe? Is it yours Chaerin?” Kris asked showing her his bandana, Chaerin nodded as she slowly turned a shade of pink.

 

She nodded, she wasn’t used to the attention she was getting, most especially from Chen... he was someone she has looked up to since highschool, even though she was a year older, she looked up to him.

 

O====o====o

 

You might be wondering why in highschool? And how did it happen?

 

Chaerin is a First year high school student that time, and she was friends with almost everybody in school. Almost in every level she has a friend, and that included one special girl in 6th grade.

 

This girl was younger than her and she was dating someone who seemed to be older than her. She would see them walking hand in hand going home from school. She could see that she was happy with him.

 

 

The guy, Chaerin didn’t know his name, was wearing glasses and he seemed mature, well Chaerin didn’t personally know the guy but she just watches them from afar, watching over her dongsaeng, she also learned that despite the guy seeming a bit old for her friend, she found out that they were same age classmates.

 

Everyday she would see the two and Chaerin admired them from afar. She was envious but she just told herself that her time would come. Then one day, she was walking past the music room when she heard someone singing...

 

Chaerin’s eyes widened because it was a song from her favourite boy band! DBSK! She stopped just outside the door and listened to the song.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3st_L2Y7oM HUG!

 

When she finished listening to the singing, she heard someone say that he was planning on singing this song to his girlfriend on their anniversary, Chaerin didn’t know what came over her but she blushed at that knowledge, she felt excited and happy for that one lucky girl, she is to be serenaded by her boyfriend singing one of DBSK oppas songs...

 

 

And then she heard footsteps nearing the door, she hurriedly hid herself to the nearest room and tried to get a peek at who was inside the room. Out came one by one... and then she saw a familiar face walking out of the room...

 

 

It was him... the boyfriend of her friend in 6th grade. Chaerin was happy to know that her friend’s girlfriend is taking good care of her, that was where she got the idea that not all relationships are bad...

 

 

Then the following week she heard some bad news... that friend of hers was transferring to a different school since her mom and dad decided to start their own business in their hometown.

 

And then Chaerin heard that, that guy started training to become a singer and that was that. Chaerin had to move to Japan to join her family there.

 

O=====o=====o

 

Then fast forward to the day Chaerin became their fan after watching EXO’s WOLF music video.

 

She spent the whole day watching every show the EXO members were guests, and one show in particular grabbed her attention... because Chen was one of the guests... and they were still awkward with the concept of them having powers and being from another planet.

 

And then it was now time to showcase some singing... it was EXO’s turn to sing and CHEN was going to sing a song.

 

The MC’s interviewed Chen about what the song meant to him and a familiar story rang in her head...

 

Could it be...

 

 

Is it him?

 

 

And then she heard the nickname of the girl

 

 

“MangDoonguh”

 

 

 

 

 

OoO

 

 

 

“Omo! Was it him?” Chaerin uttered loudly in her room as recollection of her school days hit her.

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fcP4RUGnlM

 

 

Even though it was a story not meant for her, she still felt like she connected with CHEN a bit more since she knew and watched the couple from afar. Even she, herself don’t know any news of that girl friend who transferred.

 

O=====o=====o

 

 

Back to present...

 

 

Chen looked at Chaerin and just stared at her for the longest time, he couldn’t believe that the girl sitting beside him was someone who has made an impact on him, in so many personal levels... more than anyone would know.

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Stop staring at her, she is going to melt already!”Xiumin stated hitting Chen’s head

 

“Aw! Hyung! That hurt!” Chen stated rubbing the back of his head.

 

“UM... mian... I have to go ahead of you guys... I have to finish some designs... deadline is nearing!” Chaerin smiled and bowed down to the rest and waved a good bye at Minji.

 

Chen then gestured that he would call her later tonight if he has time as Chaerin nodded and off she went.

 

O====o====o

CHEN’S POV

 

I was so sad to see her go... I wanted to just spend time with her, especially now knowing who she was... who she really was...

 

Lee Chaerin is CL...

 

 

You might be wondering why it is such a big name for me and why everyone was acting like the way they acted when they knew who she was.

It was like this... it was after the WOLF promotions... we were readying ourselves for our next promotion of GROWL... we have gained a lot of attention... of course... we are handsome and I sing very well... kekekeke, kidding aside... we were reaching the peak of our careers, guestings right and left, fan sign events here and there... it was tiring but it was all fun...

 

But that was also the time that the sasaeng fans escalated... it was hard and tough for everyone... especially for Kyungsoo and Kai... to the point that they got hurt in the process.

 

I didn’t mind that time that I had the least fanbase... that time... mind you... that was in the past... I have more fans now... more than Kyungsoo and Luhan hyung BWAHAHAHAHAAH! But it’s just me thinking I’m greater than them.

 

 

Kidding!

 

 

 

The sasaeng fans will drive anyone crazy! They would know where you are, what you are doing and when you have changed your number... they would know every bit of move we make... it was enough to make us paranoid... that even going to the toilet was burdensome... we go in pairs or in three’s... one would go in and the other would block the doorway to avoid fans getting in and take pictures of us, it was hard then... until she came.

 

 

CL... she came into our life... this faceless being who was an angel to all of us... especially to me.

 

 

CL was just a name in our fan base who frequents our fan cafes and daily... she would cheer us on... she uses simple words to give us strength, her cheers for us might be simple... but since I am her bias... it meant a lot to me.

 

There was one incident that I won’t ever forget... sasaeng fans and antis were really harsh... they were throwing comments... harsh comments to all of us... a lot of hate went to me... and I felt like I was inadequate and I was not meant to be in the group...

 

“He is only good with high notes... and his voice just irritates me... why not make EXO just be an 11 member boy group?!”

                    

“Why was he even allowed to debut?!”

 

“Does he think he is actually cute doing those little things on stage?!?!”

 

“He is nothing but a second rate, trying hard... copy cat! A Changmin-oppa wannabe!!!”

 

“Chen oppa... just leave the group... and EXO will be fine without you!”

 

Those harsh words really hit me... to the point of depression... I was never the same again...  I was so down in the dumps... FUNKY FUNKY CHEN CHEN no more...

 

The members would rarely hear me laugh or see me smile... if we have guestings in variety shows... usually I was one of the talkative ones... but after those statements... I seemed to curl up and just shy away from the spotlight... my confidence was slowly ebbing away.

 

Even my members cheering me on didn’t do me any good...

 

While I was sulking my way to the point of almost wanting to leave... little did I know... someone... was standing up for me... the words of encouragement and how that someone scolded every sasaeng fan was really remarkable...

 

“He is only good with high notes... and his voice just irritates me... why not make EXO just be an 11 member boy group?!”

 

“Chen has his own distinct voice... you can hear his own voice in every song they sing... he is not one of the lead vocals for nothing!”

                    

“Why was he even allowed to debut?!”

 

“Have you even debuted yourself? What have you been doing when you were his age, when he was training to be a singer?”

 

“Does he think he is actually cute doing those little things on stage?!?!”

 

“You are entitled to have your own opinion... to you he might not be cute... but to us... CHEN is the cutest! If you don’t find him cute or even attractive, then what are you even doing here in his cafe?”

 

 

“He is nothing but a second rate, trying hard... copy cat! A Changmin-oppa wannabe!!!”

“You would actually think that... they are under the same company... sure Changmin can never be contested for his high notes... but CHEN has his own charm... he tries hard and he practices hard... what have you been doing all this time?”

 

“Chen oppa... just leave the group... and EXO will be fine without you!”

 

“EXO is EXO... 12 is 12... one less member would never make EXO the same again... all 12 of them made EXO and they all make the group...and CHEN makes the group...”

 

I cried and cried the whole night... not because of the harsh comments... but, I was touched at what this CL did... she stood up for me... yes, alot of our fans stood up for me... but her words uplifted me... and slowly I was being pulled out of my depression and I slowly found myself again.

 

And later on, CL became a big name in XOXO fanbase... she became the disciplinarian of our fans... although they haven’t met her... the amount of charisma she has just by those words were really something... now EXO and CL were inseparable...

 

And now... I was glad to finally put a face to that name... CL...

 

 

Lee Chaerin...

 

O====O====O

 

                                                       

The two of them, Chaerin and Chen kept in contact with each other. Then as luck would have it, EXO was given a week off, since they have just finished with their promotions.

 

Chen contacted Chaerin and asked to meet. Chen didn’t want to meet outside nor in their dorm, so Chaerin suggested that they meet in her workroom, where Chaerin does her designs.

 

Chen was together with his manager when he arrived at Chaerin’s workhouse. They entered through the back door.

 

“Oh you’re here! Welcome to my humble abode!” Chaerin greeted as she showed them her showroom.

 

“Whoa! You have a lot of great pieces!” Chen exclaimed,

 

“Maybe the stylist noonas can go here and choose pieces for EXO to use for their comeback... you have a lot of different designs and styles that would suit the guys!” manager hyung stated much to Chaerin’s delight.

 

“Kamsahamnida! Would you like some coffee, tea or juice?” Chaerin offered as the two sat down.

 

“Coffee...” Chen replied with a smile.

 

“Chen, I’ll just go out to the corner store... I need to contact someone... I’ll leave you two here... arasso? Behave!” manager hyung smiled and winked at him as he stood up

 

“Chaerin-ah... I’m afraid I have to leave Chen here for a while... I need to do some business just near here... I’ll just come back after it’s done...” manager hyung stated as Chaerin nodded and waved goodbye to him.

 

The two were left alone in the workroom, silence was between them, but it was a comfortable type of silence...

 

“I need to tell you something...” both of them said at the same time, they both paused and looked at each other then laughed.

 

“You go ahead.” Chen offered, Chaerin nodded

 

“Um... I have a confession to make...” Chaerin paused and then continued, “I know her...”

 

Chen frowned while looking at Chaerin

 

“Who?”

 

“Your first love... I knew her.” Chaerin replied with her head bowed down.

 

Chen thought about it for a while and then realization hit him...

 

 

 

 

OoO

 

 

“H-how?” Chen was confused,

 

Chaerin explained to him that she was friends with the girl even though she was a year older than her, she told him that she also had no news about her and she only knew of him through the BEATLE’S CODE episode where he sang HUG for the girl.

 

“Cheongmal?” Chen asked as he looked at Chaerin with surprise, she nodded and looked away.

 

“Oh really? Wow! How come I didn’t see you together with her group?” Chen asked

 

“UM, Chen... I was a year older, so my school activities with her were limited to club activities, we became friends because we have the same club... AIKIDO club.” Chaerin smiled as Chen scratched the back of his head.

 

Another silent moment then passed between them...

 

 

“I guess... it’s my turn then...” Chen stated after clearing his throat

 

Chaerin looked at him expectantly and smiled

 

“I need to thank you... you are a life saver Chaerin” Chen smiled as he reached out to touch her hand.

 

 

“Me? How?” Chaerin asked while tilting her head in confusion

 

“You were defending my abilities and you believed so much in me, you saved me when I was drowning from every criticism I received from the antis and sasaeng fans...you helped us... EXO in so many ways that you could ever imagine... maybe for you it was just telling off those immature fans of ours... but for us it was a sigh of relief... thank you, Chaerin-ah” Chen stated while looking at her eyes longingly

 

“Well all I did was just tell them the truth... all they needed was to see the truth clearly... or else... I won’t have the chance to watch FUNKY FUNKY CHEN CHEN ever again!”

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zs4AEh5FMw

 

“Chaerin-ah... komawo!” Chen uttered as he pulled her in for a hug.

 

o=====o====o

 

 

i know you are gonna hate me for this...

 

 

 

 

 

 

but i just had to stop the story there.... and leave you guys hanging...

 

 

 

 

i had to move on to the next story...

 

 

 

do you know why?

 

 

 

i'll tell you why....

 

 

 

 

 

 

it is because of my husband...

 

 

 

 

 

he saw me writing these fanfics of mine...

 

 

 

 

 

and would you believe it, he butted in and filled my head with a bunch of plots and twists and concepts for the next story that was lined up after HEARTATTACK...

 

 

 

 

*yes... i am married... i have one loving and crazy husband (yes, he is crazy cause he married a crazy girl- me)

 

 

 

 

 

 

and do you want to know another shocking thing about me?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*i have 3 kids... and they are all boys... and i feed them kpop everyday kekekekekekeke ^^

 

 

 

 

 

after filling my head with so many ideas... i lost inspiration to write further the story of Chen and CL... so i decided to just stop it here, to be fair to this crackship pairing of CHEN and CL...I will give them an epilogue about their story later on...so for now... i am cutting the story short and moving onto the next one...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

so, i'm off to write another story... the remaining members are: Tao, Baekhyun and Xiumin

 

 

 

 

and expect another crackship in the making....

 

 

 

 

 

tell me your thoughts...

 

 

 

comment down below

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~