BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 1

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

BLACKPEARL- TAO PART 1

 

                       

TAO’S POV

 

We arrived at the Island of East after 2 days of voyage, Suho hyung is a bit worried about our food supply so he hoped that Kai could hunt as much as he can when we drop anchor near the shore.

 

Once we have reached the island, the Captain, myself, Luhan hyung, Kris hyung, Kai and Sehun, we headed off to scope around the place to check if there were any pirates in the area and to see where we could camp for the night.

 

We went our different ways to cover much ground in little time. We are able bodied and are well armed and we are skilled in fighting so there was nothing to worry for one’s safety.

 

That is what I like about our crew... from the Captain down to the Cook, we all can hold our ground in battle and fight. The Captain is often underestimated because of his narrow shoulders and height... he might be the smallest in our crew but he is not our Captain for nothing... every one of us were defeated by him. Every one of us... we were defeated in our field of expertise.

 

Once when he was recruiting his crew, before the fight or challenge began, he would make a wager that if he won, that person will work under him. So if you look at our crew, we are an elite team, we are the best at what we do... with the exception of Xiumin hyung I guess... the Captain is still best at cooking, but since he is a Captain already he needed to find an able cook who can prepare a meal that wouldn’t kill or cause on illness within the crew.

 

Of course, in my case, I am very good with marital arts, I went easy on the Captain since he is a close friend of mine, a very close one.

 

We may not be bonded by blood, but we are bonded by fate and life. When the Captain’s father died, his mother and him had a hard life, they were sold from one household to another, until one household bought me in the black market, that was where I met the Captain together with his aging mother.

 

We worked in a shipping company, we carry barrels and we run errands for the crew of the ship. We sometimes tag along with the travels, that is why we are familiar with the seas and pirates.

 

When the Captain’s mother died due to old age, he vowed never to live like that again... he kept on telling me of a precious treasure he has known since he was a kid... a treasure that his father took to his grave, a rare treasure... known as the BLACK PEARL... it was not known to many, but some pirates have heard of it to be a myth, no one knows where it came from or what it is... but it was known as such.

 

The owner of the shipping company we worked for, didn’t have any sons or living relative so he has taken us in as his family. So naturally, when he died both of us inherited the shipping company. But the Captain desired to search for that rare treasure... we sold the company and started our own crew.

 

We gained members little by little as we journeyed off in search of the BLACK PEARL. Little did we know, that we have gained the title of the ruthless pirate crew...EXO WOLF... because the Captain may not look like it, but he is ruthless... especially when he is in a bad mood, once we took the treasure of a pirate ship... he sometimes orders us to set the whole ship on fire... of course, not all of us sees it the way as the Captain sees it... but his orders are orders that we should follow.

 

 

Although sometimes I break those orders, especially when the ship or the place that we raided has some old people or children for that matter, we wouldn’t want them to be caught in the middle of all the chaos around.

 

So, I took the direction which I thought was to my liking... not long as I started to further my walk, I heard Kai signalling to us that there was another ship at the South side of the island.

 

That was our cue to go back to the meeting place and plan our next move.  When we got back at the clearing, the Captain ordered for everyone to land, well except for Suho hyung and Chanyeol hyung, they were left to guard the ship.

 

Uh-oh... it seems as though I will soon taste blood in the air. As soon as everyone was gathered, the Captain ordered an ambush towards the ship at the far end of the island.

 

Xiumin hyung, Lay hyung, Baekyun hyung and Chen hyung were in charge of raiding the ship. We watched as the four of them sneaked into the ship.

 

After a moment, I could see Chen hyung waving at us... the coast is clear. I could see Xiumin hyung and Baekhyun carrying down sacks and sacks of food supply and a bit of treasure.

 

Lay hyung told us that there were only a handful of crew on board, so that means that some of them were on the island as well.

 

The Captain then ordered for the crew left on board to be killed and for the ship to be burned down.

 

“Search the forest for the other crew... interrogate them, why they are here... if they so much as speak or breathe a word about the BLACK PEARL, bring him to me and I’ll take care of it... if not... kill them... kill them all! When night time comes, come back to the ship.”  D.O. ordered as the rest of us scattered to different directions off to hunt for the remaining crew members.

 

I went on my own way, following the shoreline as I glanced back and saw the ship slowly crumbling and becoming one with the sea. I went through the forest, looking for signs of trails, if there were any. The sun was just hitting its highest peak, meaning it was just noon time...

 

As I turned back around, little did I know that the ground that I was stepping on was slowly breaking away... it was soft... I thought it was just mud, but once I stepped on further... it broke... the ground that I was just stepping on just broke...

 

I was rolling and falling and rolling and falling down a cliff... for sure once I reach the end of it, I would be dead... no one survives this kind of a fall... NO ONE.

 

And then I heard a loud thud... it must have been the sound of my back breaking, hitting a hard surface... I gasped for air... I blinked and tried to reach for something I don’t know and then everything went black.

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

Tao had lost consciousness due to the fall. The others had already reached the meeting place, D.O. was a bit worried that Tao had not shown up yet, but it wasn’t new to him that sometimes Tao took his time coming back, he likes walking along the seashore alone... it gives him some alone time... to think... so it didn’t alarm D.O. that much that Tao was still not there.

 

Kai had already hunted a few game that he already boarded the ship as he gathered some plants, herbs and spices that he found on his way back to the meeting place.

 

The rest of the crew didn’t find any trouble so it was safe, for now.

 

“We still have to be alert... there is still other pirates at the other side of this island... we need to stand guard and be ready for battle if the need arises.” D.O. uttered as he looked at his crew

 

“You need to wipe off our side of the island and see if there are other people living here that might know something of the BLACK PEARL... if there is one, you know what to do... come find me at once.” The Captain added as he headed off back to the ship.

 

Meanwhile, Tao was slowly gaining his consciousness. When he was fully awake, he noticed that he was already beside a water falls. The loud sound of the water splashing together was ringing in his ear.

 

He tried to move swiftly when he heard a voice say...

 

“I wouldn’t move just yet, if I were you.”

 

Tao creased his forehead at the voice as he winced in pain,

 

“It’s not your back that is injured... it’s your leg... it’s a bit twisted... but not broken...” the voice stated

 

And then Tao felt a hand touch his injured leg as he felt something cold pressed onto his leg.

 

“Tsssss... it’s cold... ahhhh” Tao uttered surprised at the temperature

 

“Omo! Sorry... yes, it is cold... it will help heal your leg... just don’t move... yet”

 

Tao then slowly opened and closed his eyes, to adjust to the brightness of the moon, once he was successful in adjusting to the light... hovering above his head was a face of an angel.

 

Face as white as snow... hair as golden as the sun, eyes that sparkle, lips as red as blood and a voice as sweet as nectar.

 

“An... angel!” Tao whispered as he reached for her face

 

“No... I’m not an angel... just a mermaid!” the voice chuckled as she placed Tao’s hand down lightly

 

At those words Tao’s eyes widened in disbelief, sure he has heard stories of mermaids from other pirates, and he thought that they were just tales of seas... of drunken pirates... but now... he was talking to one.

 

“You are a mermaid?” Tao stated as he shifted his body to the side to take a good look at the voice he was talking to.

 

“Yes... tail and all!” the voice giggled as she swam in the lake and shown Tao her tail.

 

“You... you are real!” Tao uttered with his mouth opened while pointing at her,

 

“Yes... I am! I am very real!” the mermaid giggled and looked at Tao’s dumbfounded expression.

 

Tao was still for a moment and then he shook his head and said...

 

“Do you have a name?”

 

 

“Dara... call me, Dara”

 

 

o====o======o

 

 

yes... it is a story with Tao and Dara...

 

 

 

 

 

a unique pair that i'd like to experiment with...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i hope it will turn out well....

 

 

 

 

 

 

tell me what you think of it... and omo!!! a few more subs... and i already have 100 crazy subscribers kekekekeke

 

 

 

 

 

thank you crazies for being crazy with me... you have tolerated my crazy imagination and stuck with me...

 

 

 

 

thank you for the comments and love you have shown me...

 

 

 

i'm off to write the next chapter then...

 

 

 

comment down below

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~