3 6 5 - CHANYEOL PART 1

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

3 6 5- CHANYEOL PART 1

 

Chanyeol is a very big fan of CL “the baddest female rapper Seoul city ever had”, together with his friend Kris, they attended the concert of GD just to watch CL perform THE LEADERS and her solo stage...

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1JMbMHObS0              the leaders gd, cl and teddy

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iNJ6msoN7Q         cl solo stage 2ne1 concert

 

Then after that concert... no one heard news about CL, no activity, no guestings, no concerts or live performances for that matter. It was as if she simply disappeared.

 

Chanyeol was a bit sad about it, because he has been her avid fan and he has been following her career like a loyal fanboy that he is. He even composed TWO MOONS together with Kris because he was inspired by watching the concert and CL performing THE LEADERS with GD and TEDDY.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_66evRrl_U            two moons exo showcase

O====o====o

“Omo! Omo! Omo!” Ms. Kim stated with wide eyes...

 

“Aren’t you?! Wait! Why? How come? What?” the registrar was confused as she stared and pointed at the girl in front of her who was clueless for a moment and then smiled...

 

“Neh... annyeonghaseyo...” the girl bowed

 

 

cl with no makeup in the registrar’s office.

 

 

 

“Lee Chaerin-imnida!”

 

 

“Can I have your autograph?” Ms. Kim smiled shyly as she went and get her mug.

 

Chaerin popularly known as CL, asked Ms. Kim the registrar to keep her identity a secret, because she wishes to remain anonymous and enjoy university life like any other regular student. Ms. Kim agreed to keep it a secret.

 

“Um... CL!” Ms. Kim uttered, she was stopped by the girl standing in front of her

 

“Ms. Kim, please call me Chaerin...” Chaerin smiled

 

“Ah neh! Ahihihihi... I’m really a fangirl at heart, but anyways... you should go and check out the showcase tonight, you will see different performances tonight... the students all look forward to it every year, since they can showcase any talent they want to show on their stage... it will be fun!” Ms. Kim smiled to which Chaerin agreed.

 

Chaerin remembered the tall guy who also invited her tonight, she got curious about it and decided to attend the said showcase. It was held in the open field of the campus, where a huge stage with elaborate stage setup and lightings, like the concerts she used to do.

 

Amidst the busy bodies on stage, she spotted the towering male with a wide smile on his face talking to a wide eyed guy who seemed like a lost school boy standing on stage, clutching the mic with both hands like his life depended on it.

 

 

 

What caught her attention was there was one girl who was amongst the crowd of towering men, and she looked like she was about to perform as well.

 

Chaerin was amidst the crowd, and she found a place in front where she can watch the performances up close.

 

Before the start of the showcase, the students organized a bit of a game for the performers, a karaoke type of game.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D54OKzx3MZk       1000 song challenge

                                                                                                                                                                          

Chaerin learned that the tall guy’s name was Chanyeol and she was impressed by his performance for the game, since he sang an Outsider song which was really a hard rap to do. She enjoyed D.O.’s trembling rendition of Bounce and Chen’s funky funky performance of a trot song.

 

Then after that, the program proper started. They announced before hand that all of the performances for the night were either originally composed by the students themselves or they did the arrangements themselves much to Chaerin’s amazement.

 

The first song to be performed was by the whole group of 7, including the girl whose name was Minji, then the wide eyed guy whom she suspects was in a relationship with the only girl of the group with the way he stares and looks after her. Then Chanyeol caught her attention even though he was standing at the back, he was sticking out like a sore thumb at the back, he looks awkward standing there.

 

Then the music began, and Chaerin saw that Chanyeol can dance a bit... but she thought he should stick to rapping then.

 

Chaerin was impressed by the performances presented by the students, the showcase was really high class and it was good.

 

It was already late into the night, she decided to stick around and chat with the tall guy named Chanyeol.

 

But since the students were so busy packing up and congratulating everybody for a job well done, Chaerin didn’t get the chance to talk to the tall guy.

 

She requested for a dorm room in the university, since she decided to just be normal as possible. She then headed for the dorms which was conveniently located just behind the open field where the showcase was held.

               

She got her huge back pack that was so big you would’ve thought that she was going camping or something. She was struggling to walk up the stairs when she heard chattering behind her.

 

“Hyung! That was a great show! I can’t wait for next year’s showcase... I’d love to do it all over again!” Chaerin recognized the boy as the lead dancer with a y smirk

 

“Hyung! Bubble tea bubble tea! Where is my treat?” the guy who had that indifferent stare and charismatic stage presence stated

 

“Sehun-ah, it’s late already. The shops are closed and we need to rest now... you’ll get your bubble tea tomorrow!” the wide eyed guy uttered as he placed his arm around the girl beside him

 

“Oppa! Today I get to have a new room mate!” the girl stated excitedly

 

“Yah, which reminds me... are you finally settled in your dorm room already?” D.O. asked

 

“Neh... mom helped me with the stuffs I needed to bring, it’s a good thing I got the scholarship so that I can use the dorms here... I don’t need to commute for long” Minji uttered

 

“Woah! Wait up for me!” A loud voice was to be heard behind the group

 

“Oh Chanyeol-ah... what kept you late!?” the guy with an angelic smile asked

 

“Ah... that Baekhyun is such a slave driver... I don’t want to work under him ever again... Suho-ssi please organize the next showcase please... I beg of you!” Chanyeol uttered in a loud voice, then he shifted his attention to the girl who was walking just a few steps ahead from them, she seemed like she was drowning from the bag that she was carrying, so he decided to offer some help.

 

“Excuse me miss? Need help with that?” Chanyeol asked as he tried to match his steps with her.

 

“Omo!” that was all Chaerin could utter, she was taken aback by the sudden offer

 

“Oh! The registrar girl!” Chanyeol pointed out as he placed the back pack on his back and signalled for his friends to come near

 

“Guys... we have here a freshie!” Chanyeol smiled

 

“Annyeonghaseyo yeorubun! Lee Chaerin-imnida!” Chaerin smiled shyly

 

“Hyung, is she your girlfriend?” Sehun asked, Chanyeol’s eyes widened in shock as he shook his head vigorously.

 

“Ani... um I met her awhile ago, when Baekhyun was barking orders right and left. She is a new student... are you by any chance staying in the dorms too?” Chanyeol asked looking at Chaerin who was looking up to him.

 

Chaerin nodded,

 

“What room number are you Chaerin-ssi?” Minji asked as she hooked her arm on her arm

 

“Room 408?” Chaerin read out the written number on the piece of paper she was given.

 

“Omo! We are room mates!” Minji exclaimed, “Let’s be friends then! Wait! How old are you?” she asked excitedly

 

“Um, I’m 22 already this year!” Chaerin replied

 

“Omo! You are my unnie! Unnie! Let’s be close!” Minji hopped happily

 

“Minji-ah... stop jumping... aren’t you tired from the show... you should go up and rest and show Chaerin your room...” Kyungsoo stated as he ruffled Minji’s hair and gave her a kiss on the forehead

 

“Neh... oppa!” Minji nodded as Chanyeol and Minji accompanied Chaerin in going inside the dorm.

 

The dorm was a coed type of dorm. Although the boys stay in a different floor they are still all in one building.

 

1st floor was for the canteen and reception and study room. 2nd floor was girl’s floor, 3rd was boy’s floor, 4th was girl’s and 5th was boy’s floor.

 

Chanyeol and Kris are room mates, Kyungsoo and Suho are room mates as well they are staying at the 3rd floor, while Kai and Sehun share a room at the 5th floor. Minji and Chaerin’s room was located on the 4th floor.

 

Once they reached their dorm room, Minji said that she wanted to take a shower, Chaerin decided to take a walk along the corridor to familiarize herself with the building.

 

“Are you sure you want to walk here in the middle of the night? Aren’t you afraid of ghosts?” Chanyeol asked carefully looking left and right while walking behind Chaerin

 

“I don’t believe in those... why, are you afraid?” Chaerin teased as she looked back at the tall guy’s figure trying to hide behind her.

 

“Ani... um... well... sort of... a little bit... it’s a bit scary tonight... the corridor’s lights aren’t open... aish, let’s do this tomorrow... please... I’d gladly give you a tour of the whole campus if that is what you like... let’s do this when there is light okay?” Chanyeol uttered pleading the little girl in front of her, who was finding it hard to control her laughter.

 

“Fine... but I’ll hold you responsible for the tour tomorrow,Chanyeol!” Chaerin smiled as they walked back to the room.

 

“I’ll be knocking on your door, first thing in the morning then...” Chanyeol smiled as he waved his hands while walking towards the staircase.

 

“Good night... tall guy!” Chaerin uttered as she closed the door to their room.

 

Well the following morning, just when the sun was about to rise, Chanyeol was really true to his words... he was in front of the girl’s room, knocking on their door.

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

 

Chaerin was a light sleeper she kept tossing and turning as she heard the knocking sound, she turned and turned until THUD!

 

She fell on the floor, walked towards the door and opened it.

 

“What?!” Chaerin uttered grumpily

 

“Rise and shine my dear one! Palli!” Chanyeol flashed her his million dollar smile.

 

“Arasso... just give me 5 minutes and I’ll be out!” Chaerin stated while scratching her head.

 

She then walked towards their bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror... what she saw shocked her... if she was known was CL she wouldn’t be caught dead looking like this... her manager would berate her and scold her and she would never hear the end of it!

 

She laughed at the thought as she washed her face, brushed her teeth and pulled her hair in a pony and grabbed her sweats. She was out of the room in record time.

 

She was greeted by Chanyeol who was holding a steaming cup of hot choco.

 

“Good morning!” Chanyeol greeted he handed her a cup of choco.

 

“Thanks...” Chaerin smiled and carefully took a sip as they began to walk down the staircase.

 

Chanyeol and Chaerin stayed quiet while going down the stairs, when they reached the first floor...

 

“Ahhhh, nothing beats hot choco in the morning... kyaaaahhhh!” Chanyeol uttered while stretching out his arms to the sides.

 

“So... where are we going?” Chaerin asked as she smiled at how carefree Chanyeol looked.

 

Chanyeol smiled at her as he grabbed her hand after making sure that she was done with her drink. He then dragged her out of the dorm building and went straight for the center of the field.

 

“Palli! Or else we are going to miss it!” Chanyeol uttered while holding Chaerin’s hand.

 

Chaerin was shocked at the gesture but she still did as what she was told, she was literally running for her life trying to match the huge steps of the tall guy in front of him.

 

When they reached their destination, Chanyeol was making sure they were on the right spot... when he was contented with it, he stood behind Chaerin, held both of her arms as he steady her footing.

 

“Okay... prepare yourself... look straight... you might want to squint your eyes a little... it gets a bit bright when the sun rises!” Chanyeol said in a soft whisper as he pointed a bit up towards the buildings they were facing as rays of sunshine was slowly showing.

 

Chanyeol stepped back and allowed Chaerin to enjoy the sight before her...Chaerin just stood there, frozen, staring at the rising sun... it was so refreshing.

 

Never had she known what she was missing... she usually goes home after all her schedules were done and not even valuing the finer things in life that come for free... enjoying the majestic display of the rays of the sun shining amidst the tall buildings in campus.

 

 

sunrise 

 

Chanyeol then walked up beside her and lowered his head and said in the loudest possible voice he could muster

 

“Lee Chaerin, welcome to the University of Performing Arts!”         

 

Chanyeol’s voice echoed throughout the whole campus probably waking everybody up... but it wasn’t new to the students if they hear any noise like that in their campus... it was normal for them.

 

Chaerin was startled but she smiled as she looked straight into his eyes full of warmth.

 

“Chanyeol... thank you...” Chaerin said as she shown him her genuine smile.

 

“Now that you are fully initiated with the rising sun... remember... in this university, you might find it hard at times and you might encounter obstacles finding your music and yourself... but always remember this moment... there is always another day... the sun will always shine in the morning... a new day to begin anew! Lee Chaerin, fighting!” Chanyeol stated as they continued their tour of the campus.

 

The following months have passed with each of them going to their own respective classes. And much to fate, Chanyeol and Chaerin were classmates in almost all of their classes, except for their major, with Chanyeol majoring in Music and Chaerin majoring in song composition.

 

O===O====O

 

 

One afternoon, as they were the only ones with a break at that time, they decided to pass time under their favourite tree.

 

“Waaaahhhh... I miss her!!” Chanyeol almost shouted as he stretched his arms up

 

“You have a girlfriend I don’t know about?” Chaerin wondered in a teasing manner.

 

“Ani... she is not my girlfriend... she is my idol... she is the one I look up to” Chanyeol uttered with sparkling eyes

 

“Okay... who are you... and what happened to that tall lanky guy with a deep voice... where is he? Who is this person I am with who looks like a smitten love sick puppy?” Chaerin joked as she lightly hit his arm.

 

“I have two letters for you missy... C.....L” Chanyeol uttered while using his fingers to show the letters.

 

“You are a fanboy of CL?” Chaerin asked in a high tone with her eyebrows arched, “We have known each other for almost a year... why do I know of this only now?”

 

“I never mentioned her? That’s odd! Hmmmm... but anyway, yes I am her loyal fanboy!” Chanyeol stated as he lied down on the grass using his arms as his pillow.

 

“But isn’t she in rehab or something?” Chaerin blurted out one of the gossips circling around the media.

 

“Andwae! She is not like that! She... for your information is not that type of girl!” Chanyeol sat up straight and stared Chaerin in the face

 

“Ok fine... fine... then she is not... ok I get it... no need to stare all over my face!” Chaerin stated with her hands up in surrender,

 

“She may look fierce on stage, charismatic and intimidating but when you see her off stage... she is just this simple girl, pure and innocent.” Chanyeol described CL as someone he really looks up to

 

“How can you see it that way? All I see is someone who is loose and out of control?!” Chaerin uttered shaking her head being very careful of confusing her personal life with her celebrity identity.

 

“Because I remember what she said in an interview when she was still a rookie that time... she treats the stage as a platform to become someone else other than herself... so for her, the stage is a blank canvass where she can paint or create an image of herself... an outlet of her artistic creation. That is what I love her... she is so deep and very inspiring!” Chanyeol said in a voice, Chaerin could hear how Chanyeol really puts CL up on a pedestal.

 

She became quiet for a while as she just stared at nothing in particular.

 

“You’re awfully quiet...” Chanyeol said as he sat closer to Chaerin

 

“Huh? Just thinking... that was the 5th song I already passed for my Composition class and it still got rejected... *sigh!” Chaerin stated in a defeated tone

 

“What did teacher say anyway?” Chanyeol asked

 

“He told me that I was good at writing... but I can still become best at it if I try and search for myself a bit more... he told me the songs I made were recording standards, but it was lacking something... and he wouldn’t tell me what it is... he told me to look for it myself.” Chaerin sighed as she force closed her notebook and placed it back in her bag.

 

“Then continue to write... make a diary... read your past diaries... the memories of childhood, get inspiration from them” Chanyeol cheered her on.

 

Chaerin’s eyes drifted and looked far away, she tried to remember the memories of her childhood, how happy she was, contented with a simple life... then fame came and she felt happy, but somehow along the way, she lost sight of what was it like to be happy, because after becoming famous, the pressure was there already... pressure to make an album, pressure to have a hit song, pressure from the management, pressure from the media and pressure from the fans. She was drowning from all of it, that is when she decided to take a hiatus... an abrupt leave from everything and focus on herself and find that original happiness she felt with music.

 

Then she recalled the memories she had when she first met Chanyeol, when she saw them perform that night during the showcase, she remembered waking up early the following morning to a hot choco and a magnificent view of the sunrise. She remembered Chanyeol always being there to give her advice and support and encourages her to find her inspiration every time she fails a test. Chanyeol was always there to help her, he has been a constant in her university life, in her journey to find herself.

 

She finds comfort in knowing that Chanyeol was always there beside her, every class that they share and every event that they do, they were always together, when one is there you could count on it that the other was also there. They were inseparable, they were friends... best of friends, in the short amount of time that she got to know the group, Chanyeol was the one she was closest to, even though she was room mates with Minji, Minji was close to her also but since Minji was always with Kyungsoo, so Chanyeol was her constant companion.

 

Skinship was natural with them, since that early morning sunrise until at the present, it had been natural for the two of them to hold hands, link each other’s arms, hug, embrace and put their arms over the other one’s shoulder, they were comfortable with each other.

 

Chaerin’s eyes widened in surprise as she looked at Chanyeol, she clutched her chest, she could feel her heart beating rapidly, as if she was on stage performing for the first time.

 

The moment she felt it, she panicked... she didn’t know what to do, she gathered all her things and abruptly left a clueless Chanyeol sitting on the ground looking at her retreating figure.

 

O====o=====o

 

Then one early morning, Chanyeol was already knocking on Chaerin’s door.

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

 

“C’mon Chaerin-ah open up... please... open up! Please please!” Chanyeol was looking worried, jumping and jumping.

 

“Yah! Yah! What are you doing there so early in the morning?” Kyungsoo asked with his hands on his waist

 

“I am here for Chaerin... and you what are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked

 

“Minji and I are out for early practice, we have to finish another piece for the exams next week!” Kyungsoo replied as they both waited for the door to open.

 

Minji opened it and greeted them happily, while Chaerin was slowly getting up from bed, Chanyeol peeked inside and saw her getting up, he quickly ran towards her jumping as if his was on fire.

 

“Chanyeol... stop! You are making me dizzy! What is it?” Chaerin uttered in her croaking bedroom voice.

 

It was now normal for Chaerin to look so dishevelled while Chanyeol was in the room, but now it was different, after realizing that it was Chanyeol she was speaking to, she hurriedly ran towards the bathroom, grabbing her towel and whatever clothing she could get and locked herself in.

 

Chanyeol followed until the door to the bathroom and stated.

 

“Chaerin-ah... please... I need you to come with me... please... I will owe you big time for this... just come with me!” Chanyeol stated

 

“You know it really is weird for you to talk to me while I am taking a shower, can we talk after I take a bath, please... jeez!” Chaerin uttered as she blushed to the reddest red, thanking fate that she was inside the bathroom and no one could see her turn red like that.

 

“Yah, Chanyeol-ah c’mon let’s meet with her downstairs!” Kyungsoo uttered as he gestured for them to go out of the room.

 

“Unnie... we will be downstairs waiting for you, okay?” Minji called out

 

“Neh!” Chaerin replied.

 

Meanwhile, as they were sitting by the couch at the reception area of the dorm,

 

“Where are you going anyway? Why do you need Chaerin to go with you?” Kyungsoo asked

 

“To the airport, my mom asked me to fetch my noonas at the airport... my noonas! I need someone to save me from them, divert their attention from me to someone else... and Chaerin is the only one who is free today... all of you are busy...” Chanyeol uttered worriedly

 

“You look really worried!” Minji uttered out of concern

 

“Oh you don’t know my noonas... they are the reason I am like this... a gentle loud giant with a sensitive and emotional side... when I was a kid they would force me to watch sappy dramas and force me to cry with them... I mean who would do that, right?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes upward,

 

“Okay, I’m here... where are we going?” Chaerin was catching her breath as she walked towards them.

 

“To the airport... you are coming with me and you are going to meet my sisters!” Chanyeol said in a panic while grabbing her arm and walked out of the dorm building leaving Minji and Kyungsoo shaking their heads.

 

O===o====o

 

“Before anything happens, I am apologizing in advance right now... in behalf of my crazy sisters I am begging and asking for forgiveness now” Chanyeol uttered as they both stood at the receiving area.

 

“Huh? Why is that? They are your sisters Chanyeol... what could happen?” Chaerin blurted out.

 

Then flashes of cameras were seen as some of the passengers went out of the airport.

 

“Here they come... brace yourself!” Chanyeol stated as he squeezed Chaerin’s right hand he was holding onto as he looked at two little figures who were in the center of the camera flashes.

 

 

“Omo! I see him! I see him!” the taller girl of the two pointed out as they made their way towards Chanyeol and Chaerin

 

“Is that? He is with a girl? A girlfriend or a girl friend?” the blonde one stated as they walked near them.

 

When they were now free from the photographers as the airport security ushered the photographers away, the two women screamed with open arms.

 

“CHANNIEEEEEEEEEE-AHHHHH BABYYYYYY! WE MISSED YOU ALOT!!!!”

 

 SSANG PARK

O====O====O

 

so there it is my update for the day... kekekekeke

 

 

enjoy the story as much as i enjoy writing it ^^ 

 

 

puhahahahahaha love love love it ^^

 

 

spazz about it

 

 

share it

 

 

 

upvote it

 

 

or better yet enjoy it!

 

 

comment down below...

 

~lostschoolboy~