BABY, DON'T CRY- SEHUN PART 4

XOXO- SHORT STORIES
BABY, DON’T CRY- SEHUN PART 4
 
AUTHOR'S POV
 
Sehun and Dara headed for the seashore... Dara brought with her the seashell that Chanyeol gave to her... she placed it near her right ear... then a wind blew...
 
 
"Dara!" Sehun held onto her left hand as Dara closed her eyes
 
 
O~~~~O
 
"Unnie! How are you?" Chaerin's voice resounded through the seashell
 
 
"I'm fine... but are the visions becoming clear already? Is it almost time?" Dara asked
 
 
"Dara-ah... I'm afraid it has begun... is Sehun with you?" Bom asked
 
 
"Neh... he is with me... I am so afraid that I don't want to even move away from his side." Dara replied in a sad tone
 
 
"Always be on guard unnie... another group has been sent out!" Minji uttered in a worried tone
 
 
"Always keep safe! Unnie... I am really worried..." Chaerin's voice was faint because their time is already up.
 
O~~~~~~~O
 
After that... Dara opened her eyes and saw Sehun staring at her in disbelief... Dara gave him a questioning look
 
 
"I... I heard your voice!" Sehun uttered as he held Dara's hand to his chest
 
 
Dara gave him a wide eyed expression
 
 
"You were talking to someone... your voice... it's like music to my ears!" Sehun stated with glee as he held Dara's cheeks and pinched it.
 
 
"What is this... is this a LOVER'S LANE?!"
 
 
"What is it with my brothers today? They keep appearing everywhere!" Sehun grumbled 
 
 
Dara smiled towards Baekhyun
 
 
"Dara... is this rascal taking advantage of you again?" Baekhyun stated while engaging Sehun in a head lock, Dara shook her head as she tried to giggle
 
 
"Hyung! Stop it! Ah! What do you want?" Sehun stated trying to free from Baekhyun's hold
 
 
"I heard you are getting engaged?" Baekhyun gestured to the two
 
 
"Huh? Who told you that? We aren't engaged!" Sehun stated with wide eyes!
 
 
"Then... what do you call this? This situation you have with Dara... the only thing left is for you to share the night together... but then again... you've already done that... a lot of times... and don't try to deny it... don't think I haven't seen you sneaking at night and going in her room!" Baekyun stated
 
 
"Hyung, it's not what you think! We aren't..." Sehun stated
 
 
"So what have you been doing then? Playing rock paper scissors, all night long?" 
 
 
"We talk, that's all!" Sehun stated hiding a blush
 
 
"Whatever! Anyway... I was visiting mother and father and they told me to talk to you... so I did! I guess we are done talking... now... we..." Baekhyun uttered then pushed Sehun towards the water.
 
 
"Yah hyung!" Sehun shouted as he landed on knee-deep water and pulled Baekhyun towards the water, Baekhyun then grabbed Dara's hand and pulled her in as well.
 
 
"If you can't beat them... join them!" Baekhyun uttered as the three splashed and swam that afternoon.
 
o===o====o
 
A few months have passed and it seemed as though nothing was wrong. No attacks happened... but that didn't stop Dara from being on her toes and alert every night to watch over Sehun.
 
 
It was only 2 days before Sehun's "coming of age" celebration, and everyone was running here and there... his brothers were staying at the castle for the whole duration of the celebration. The castle was resounding with a joyous noise and laughter.
 
 
Sehun tried to hunt the whole castle for his hyung's gifts for him... Baekhyun hid his gifts as Sehun tried to chase after him through the whole castle.
 
 
"They never grow up!" Mother stated while rolling her eyes upward
 
 
"Luhan... go stop them before they hurt themselves!" the King instructed the eldest as Luhan ran after the two bickering brothers.
 
 
Dara was sitting near the window while Suho was looking over what she was writing. He saw that it was some sort of poetry.
 
 
"You are good with words... written words, I mean!" Suho stated pointing towards Dara's work, she smiled at him and bowed as a sign of thanks.
 
Sehun, on the other hand, enjoyed the attention and Dara's caring nature, 
 
 
One day before Sehun's birthday... his mother sat him down and talked with him, while Dara was in the library, reading one of her favorite books.
 
 
"My dear... what is holding you back... I know... your father knows... your brothers know that you love her... what's keeping you?" the Queen asked in a motherly tone while tucking Sehun's hair to her ear.
 
 
"Omma... I am afraid..." Sehun started
 
 
"There is nothing to be afraid of my son! We have accepted Dara into our family, like our own... we are only waiting for you to settle down... put your mother's heart at ease and marry this magnificent and beautiful woman... she might be here now... but who knows what will happen in the near future..." the Queen pointed out
 
 
"Omma... that's not it... I am afraid to lose her..." Sehun continued while shaking his head
 
 
"Then what are you waiting for?" 
 
 
Sehun's head then snapped back up and as if heard the greatest plan ever...
 
 
"That's right! What am I waiting for?" Sehun uttered then jumped excitedly
 
 
"Omma... thanks...SMOOCH!" Sehun uttered excitedly as he stormed out of the room and headed for where Dara was.
 
o===o=====o
Sehun looked all over the castle for Dara, one of the servants told him that Dara went out for a walk on the seashore... he went hurriedly towards her... she was standing by the shore... with the shell pressed on her ears. As he slowly inched closer towards her, he could hear her speak... her voice, so soft, it was just like a whisper.
 
"I cannot do that! I will not do that! It's as if you are asking me to kill myself! No!" Dara's voice was so stern, Sehun could hear the sadness in her voice through her angered gesture
 
"I'd rather be turned into nothing than kill him with my own hands... I will not do it! I'd sacrifice myself for him, I'll be happy to see him alive... I love him too much... how can they ask that of me... I will not give them Sehun's heart for my life as a Guardian... I might as well die!" Dara stated now with tears running down her face.
 
o===o====o
 
SEHUN'S POV
 
I saw her standing by the shore, with the shell pressed on her ear. It was such a breathtaking sight, I didn't know what was holding me back from asking her to marry me!
 
 
I really am a foolish one... I should've proposed earlier so that my birthday tomorrow would become our engagement party. I silently inched closer to her, planning on surprising her... 
 
 
But I was the one who was surprised!
 
 
"It's as if you are asking me to kill myself!" I heard her almost shout in anger, I was worried, then her next words broke my heart.
 
 
She would choose death than kill me... what is this? What's the meaning of that?
 
 
I couldn't help but hold her shoulders to turn her towards me and hug her ever so tightly.
 
 
"Dara! Please, don't go! I love you!" I finally uttered the words I should have told her a long time ago, for fear of what was going to happen next.
 
 
I saw her eyes wide with shock. She tried to push me away, but I held onto her tightly... I held her hand and guided her back to the castle.
 
 
Once we were inside, I led her to the library, there I gave her the board, she wrote what she had to do to prevent the upcoming war...
 
 
I shook my head... 
 
 
"Dara... if it is the only way to save both our worlds... I'd gladly do it... I'd offer my life for you... because that is the only way I know how I can protect you...I love you... and please let it be enough..." 
 
 
Dara shook her head as she rested her head on my chest, grabbing on to my shirt, trying to hide her tears from me.
 
 
"I love you... Sehun-ah...please know that... even when I'm gone, just look out at the sea... you'll know, I will be forever with you... but I cannot do what I was told to do in order to stop the war... I am sorry that it will bring chaos to your world... but at least... you will survive it... and you will not be alone... you will be safe, your family will be safe despite the war... that is all I care about... I'd rather it be me than you" I  heard her spoke... her voice was both moving and breaking my heart.
 
 
I heard her voice for the second time... she was not talking through the shell... she was talking to me and pouring her heart out to me. It was heartbraking to know that this might be the last time I am going to hear it... I looked into her eyes, wiping the tears on her cheek.
 
 
I saw her sniffing and catching her breath, while looking back at me. I inched my head closer to her as my lips touched hers, it was the softest kiss and yet it was the most meaningful one.
 
 
I pulled back and looked at her... I saw her glance outside the window. I didn't realize that we had been standing there in the library for a long time, the hint of sunrise was dawning upon us.
 
 
She led me outside, holding my hands... we walked along the shore... I pulled her towards me and gave her a hug and kissed her lips one last time... she then said to me...
 
 
"I leave my sword here for you to use... I love you and I'm sorry" I heard her whisper into my ear, as the sun slowly rising to the sky...
 
 
REfusing to let her, I held onto her one last time... kissed her one last time as she slowly vanished together with the waves.
 
 
"Dara!" I shouted as I reached for her hand that is slowly being washed away by the waves, I caught a glimpse of Dara's smile as she slowly became one with the water.
 
 
"I love you... "
 
o===o===
 
and that ends our Sehun-Dara story...
 
 
it might seemed rushed... but I didn't know how to put into words the sadness I felt for this story
 
 
I don't want to feel sad and end my day like that so I decided to cut it short like this...
 
 
I'd probably write the closure as an epilogue... but that will take a time...
 
 
as I had planned to write another story for another character
 
 
...that's that...
 
 
now, who will be next?
 
 
~lostschoolboy~