BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 4 2/2

XOXO- SHORT STORIES
BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 4 2/2
 
 
Tao and Dara were relieved to see D.O. and the others arrive and help them. After successfully fighting off the monsters, Dara told D.O. what will go on tomorrow night and why they must leave. D.O. refused to leave... he decided to stay for a chance to meet the mermaid with a BLACK PEARL. They all headed back to the ship where the others were waiting.
 
 
Dara tagged along with them as D.O. refused to let her go out of his sight. While Tao on the other hand felt like Dara was hiding something from them, he continued to stare at her back as they walked back to the ship.
 
Once on the ship, they went to the mess hall to eat the food prepared by Xiumin with the help of Lay. While Luhan went to Tao to tell him the possible places or areas they can run to once the Captain decides to take another course. Chen reported to Baekhyun about a slight wreckage by the storage area that needs to be checked after they eat, because it needed new planks of wood for support.
 
 
Kai together with Chanyeol and Sehun brought a load of supplies of fruits, vegetables, plants and game meat for their supply, while Suho ordered it to be placed at the pantry of the kitchen. While Kris placed all the weapons back in their storage and check for their  gun powder supplies.
 
 
After dinner, everyone went on with their usual work as Tao and Dara were on the upper deck while D.O. was talking with Luhan on other possible islands they can go to as Baekhyun waits in line to report to D.O. what Chen has told him.
 
 
“Tao... you really need to get off this island tomorrow...” Dara uttered with concern
 
 
“Well you heard our Captain... D.O. says we are staying, then we are staying... whether we die here tomorrow or live to tell the tale... that is up to tomorrow!”’ Tao stated while looking up at the night sky.
 
 
Dara could only sigh at that as she also looked up at the sky...
 
 
“What is it that you are not telling us, Dara?” Tao said out of the blue, which caught Dara by surprise.
 
 
“I am afraid Tao...” Dara uttered in a soft voice as Tao looked down at her full of concern
 
 
“What are you afraid of? You are strong! Stronger than you think you are! If you are afraid of what the Captain might do to you... don’t worry he is not like that... I am here to keep him in place... to remind him, don’t worry he won’t do you any harm!” Tao reassured Dara with a smile, Dara smiled back and nodded her head.
 
 
But it was far from what Tao has pictured that worries Dara.
 
 
When the night was getting a bit deeper and the crew fell asleep one by one... Tao and Dara were still on deck, as Tao tried very hard not to fall asleep in Dara’s presence... he then gave in to his sleepy state.
 
 
D.O. then walked towards Dara and sat beside her.
 
 
“You have to let me go... D.O.” Dara stated still looking out at sea
 
 
“I am never letting you go again Dara... you are someone very dear to me... I want to keep you safe from what is to happen tomorrow... and if we must fight, we will fight to survive another day!” D.O. uttered with a determined voice.
 
 
“D.O. please stop this madness and your obsession with the BLACK PEARL... are you ready to put your friends’ life in danger just for your selfish revenge?” Dara reasoned out, D.O. looked at her, angered by her words.
 
 
“My crew knows what they have signed themselves up for... from the start of our journey, they knew what I was after... they know the risks and what it takes to join my crew... Dara, they are grown men and they can choose to leave the ship if they so decide... I am not going to stop them!” D.O. said firmly.
 
 
Dara could see the pain in D.O.’s eyes, she just sighed in defeat as she patted D.O.’s back as they heard Tao’s loud snores.
 
 
“Seems like this one has grown quite a liking to you” D.O. nodded his head towards Tao sleeping body on the deck
 
 
Dara smiled as she looked at Tao’s sleeping form.
 
 
“You have been friends with him for a long time... his loyalty is towards you and he cares for you... dearly...” Dara paused, 
 
 
“Why is it that I sense a bit of jealousy here... are you jealous of me?” D.O. uttered in confusion teasing Dara, although D.O. is attracted to Dara, he knew that Dara’s heart lies somewhere else, from the moments he saw Dara and heard her call out to Tao’s name... he knew that there was something, some sort of a bond and an attraction from Dara to Tao... and he knew that Tao... dense as he is, deep down, he cares for this beautiful creature in front of him.
 
 
“What?! No! I’m not jealous!” Dara uttered defensively.
 
 
“Heh! Sure, is that what you tell yourself... sure... I leave you here to care for my first mate then... I’m tired and sleepy... see you tomorrow!” D.O. smirked as he walked away, leaving a shocked Dara with a snoring Tao.
 
 
Meanwhile, on the other side of the island, another pirate ship arrived at shore... and another set of creatures got curious with the new comers.
 
 
As the small boat floats towards the shore, a curious creature approached their boat...
 
 
 
 
SCREEEEEEECHHHHHH!!!
 
 
At the sound of a mermaid’s howl, Dara heard it and looked towards the sound... Tao awoke from the sound of it.
 
 
“What’s that?! So scary!” Tao uttered as he stood behind Dara, Dara looked so worried as she heard explosions and shouts and screams and howls.
 
 
“My sisters... they have arrived... the night and the nearing of the full moon is making them go crazy and act crazy... are there any pirate ships around here?” Dara thought aloud.
 
 
“I... we didn’t see any ship other than ours... so scary... the howls... who are making them?” Tao stated in fear, a tall grown man hiding behind a petite frail looking girl.
 
 
“Those howls are from my sisters... I need to help them!” Dara uttered as she jumped off the ship and disappeared into the water.
 
 
“Dara!” Tao shouted as he stretched his hand trying to get a hold of her.
 
 
Tao decided to go after her, when a hand stopped him.
 
 
“Need someone to come with you?” 
 
 
“Hyung!” Tao uttered much to his relief as he nodded.
 
 
“C’mon and help me put down the boat then!”
 
 
“Thanks Kris hyung!” as the two then lowered the small boat and went after Dara.
 
 
As the two then headed for the direction that Dara went, what greeted them was a huge fire.
 
 
“Dara! Dara!” Tao shouted as the two of them searched among the flames for any signs of life.
 
 
Tao was in panic as he saw devastation wherever he look... he kept on shouting Dara’s name. Kris then got a shock as someone leapt out of the water.
 
 
“Tao!” Kris uttered as he pointed towards the water, he looked and saw Dara emerged from the water.
 
 
“I’m here Tao... I’m here!” Dara uttered as she held onto the boat to keep afloat.
 
 
“Thank God you’re alright!” Tao stated as he released a sigh of relief
 
 
“What happened here?” Kris asked as he looked all over the place.
 
 
“My sisters... the pirates... the pirates must have angered my sisters... when it is nearly the full moon, we are a bit edgy and crazy... they must have been provoked by the pirates... my sisters attacked the whole ship... and this is what happened.” Dara exclaimed 
 
 
“Where are they now?” Kris looked a bit scared
 
 
“No worries... they are in the island... they are also preparing for tomorrow night’s battle...” Dara replied
 
 
“Just out of curiosity... who or what species is reigning those nocturnes at the moment?” Tao uttered
 
 
“Us.” Dara replied plainly leaving Tao and Kris wide eyed as they saw Dara swim ashore.
 
 
Once they were all ashore...
 
 
“Where are you going?” Tao asked
 
 
“D.O. needed some information about the BLACK PEARL, my sisters are in the lake, I can ask them if they know something.” Dara replied as she started walking on foot.
 
 
Tao and Kris followed Dara towards the lake as Dara went ahead to talk to her sisters. Tao and Kris were still wary about the idea of them being there after seeing what was left of the ship full of pirates being left by the mermaids... and the fact that the mermaids were the reigning ruler of the nocturnes as of last full moon.
 
 
Dara went to them and shook her head, they had heard neither stories from any other mermaids about such BLACK PEARL... it seems a myth that has only D.O.'s story as basis.
 
 
When they were on their way back to the ship, they encounter a different kind of monster... the counterpart of mermaids... mermen on land.
 
 
 
 
"MERMEN!?" the two men chorused as they saw the gills, Dara's eyes widened as one of the mermen es its spear towards Tao's direction.
 
 
Tao was quick to dodge the attack, he turned around and pushed the spear away as Kris cocked his gun and pointed it towards the creature.
 
 
"What do you want?!" Dara shouted as she stood in front of the two towering men, Tao and Kris.
 
 
"Your position... my dear Dara... your position!" the merman answered as the rest of the guys attacked the three of them.
 
 
Kris shot at the attacking forms, but they were quick and agile even on land, he was having a hard time aiming at them, he closed his eyes and felt the wind around him, the next time he opened his eyes, it focused and predicted the next position as he fired his gun and aimed at one of the mermen and was successful.
 
 
Dara then squared it off with the leader of the mermen... his name was Jaejoong, he was always Dara's rival in everything... they were both the leaders of their group, and they are powerful despite their appearances.
 
 
Tao was taking off 4 mermen attacking him, he dodged and kicked two of them as he punched one on the gut... but one of them had their spear directed at his back and lunged it towards his chest.
 
 
"TAO!" Kris shouted seeing what happened, Dara's eyes widened in disbelief seeing Tao slowly falling on the ground with blood gushing out of his mouth.
 
 
"Tao! Oh no! No... no...no...no....oh no!" Dara rushed towards Tao.
 
 
O=====O=====O
 
i know i haven't been updating lately... a bit busy catching up with family kekekeke
 
 
 
 
 
BLACK PEARL is nearing its end...
 
 
 
 
 
 
sooooo.... i left a cliff hanger again...
 
 
 
 
 
 
tell me what you think...
 
 
 
 
 
 
comment down below
 
 
 
~lostschoolboy~