BABY, DON'T CRY- SEHUN PART 3

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

BABY DON'T CRY- SEHUN PART 3

 

SEHUN'S POV

 

After that attack of who knows what... we tried to go back to the cave when I heard a loud thump on the ground... I turned around and saw Dara lying down the ground.

 

"Dara! Dara! Dara!" I ran towards her checking to see what happened to her, when I saw her arm, it was scorched pretty bad.. probably from the fire from before.

 

I immediately carried her and hurriedly went to the direction of the cave, it was now so deep into the night and we were in a forest God knows where... I have no means of asking for help without leaving Dara behind... AISH! Just my luck!

 

It was a good thing I found the way back to the cave, we were now at least out of sight from anything or anyone that wanted to harm us. I slowly laid Dara's beaten state on the ground, as I gathered enough wood to create a fire. Survival 101 with Suho-hyung really paid in the circumstance right now... I was able to start a fire and keep Dara warm.

 

I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me or even the fire, but the more I stare at Dara's burnt arm the more the wound heals... and it was slowly restoring the porcelain and flawless skin of Dara. I rubbed my eyes and tried to shake off my tired body and looked again... it was as if she wasn't even burnt or even attacked.

 

I saw her move and then she immediately opened her eyes and sat straight up as if ready for another fight. She then darted her eyes towards me looking around her and her surroundings.

 

She then grabbed a stick and wrote something on the ground.

 

"YOU MUST HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS..."

 

Oh yes I have... I nodded and looked straight into her eyes.

 

She paused and then started to slowly reach her hand towards me... as soon as it touched my cheek... I got more than I bargained for.

 

A flashback of the time she saw me walking on the shore, then a flashback again of her inside a hall, underwater... she has a tail mind you... a tail!?!?!! A TAIL! So it means she is a mermaid... then I saw her fighting an army... saw her running, then she transformed into a human... then a flashback again of me walking on the shore.

 

So basically she told me that those that attacked us were after her... I think that's the gist of it. I have known her for 3 years and yet this is only now that I learned who she really is.

 

I have to admit I was shocked, but not scared of her... I was just worried that those that attacked us might attack again. I asked her if we were safe, she nodded... for now.

 

I gave her my cloak to wrap it around her body, to fight off the coldness of the night. I scooted next to her, I needed warmth as well, the warmth from the fire was not enough... she inched near me and wrapped her arms around my body... which did little good to my beating heart.

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

The following morning, Sehun and Dara were finally found by the soldiers and was taken back to the Kingdom for safety. There were no signs of the attack that happened last night nor any scars or bruises on Dara's arm or face or body for that matter.

 

Sehun stayed in Dara's room to watch over her... after knowing what was after them... although Dara didn't disclose the facts fully to Sehun.

 

6 months from now was Sehun's 21st birthday, a very important celebration as his "coming-of-age"

 

Days after their encounter, Sehun and Dara were in the library having their usual session...

 

"Dara... what are you really?" Sehun asked as he laid down the book that he was reading while looking intently at Dara

 

Dara looked at him and released a sigh as she reached for her board to write something...

 

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?

 

"So you are a mermaid...a Guardian... of the Oracle... so the Oracle sees the future right?" Sehun began, she nodded

 

"So... you are here to protect me from those attackers the other night? Why do they want me killed?" Sehun asked tight-lipped

 

BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL START A WAR BETWEEN TWO WORLDS... THE ELDERS SAW IT AS A THREAT

 

"AH-hah... but then again... I could change right? Or what the Oracle sees is definite and solid already?" Sehun smiled while putting his finger on his chin

 

IT IS DEFINITE AND FINAL... ALTHOUGH THE VISIONS ARE NOT THAT CLEAR UNTIL THE MOMENT IS NEAR, WE DON'T KNOW WHEN THAT TIME WILL COME... SO... ALL I AM SURE OF IS TO PROTECT YOU NO MATTER WHAT... I DON'T WANT ANY HARM COMING TO YOU...

 

Sehun just looked at Dara's worried face, he stood up and reached for Dara's hand

 

"Kenchana? I think nothing will happen... everything will fall into place... no harm will come to me and you don't need to worry about it" Sehun smiled as he squeezed Dara's hand

 

Then the door to the library bursted open...

 

"Ooops! Am I interrupting something?" Chanyeol stated with a wide smile plastered on his face

 

Dara smiled and waved a hello at Chanyeol, Sehun still holding onto Dara's hand while she tries to take it away.

 

"So are you proposing to her now... here in the library? Really Sehun-ah... why not propose to her on your birthday!" Chanyeol stated as he patted Sehun's back

 

"Hyung, that's not it..." Sehun swatted Chanyeol's hand away

 

"Ah... the reason I am here is because of this... tadaaaa!!! It's for our Dara... I think you might like it! I found it in one of the antique shops in town... it was on a discount... of course!" Chanyeol stated while handing Dara a unique-looking seashell of pink color.

 

Dara's eyes widened as her grip on Sehun's hand tightened, Sehun noticed it as he looked at her hand then back at her. Dara then regained her composure then let go of Sehun's hand and reached for it, bowing in the process and mouthing the word THANK YOU to Chanyeol.

 

"Hyung... what about me?" Sehun uttered slightly distracted from Dara's hold

 

"Of course... I wouldn't forget about yours... here you go... blocks!" Chanyeol smiled handing him a pack containing blocks

 

"Hyung... what am I? 10 years old... I am too old to play with this!" Sehun stated referring to the pack he is holding on his right hand

 

"No... no... no... you are never too old to play with these... c'mon... show me your building skills brother!" Chanyeol stated as he cleared the table of the library and spread the pieces of blocks on the table.

O====o====o

When Chanyeol left, Sehun sat beside Dara on the living room and was meaning to ask her about the seashell. He scooted near Dara and whispered,

 

“I noticed your reaction when you saw the seashell... what does it mean?”

 

Dara was wide-eyed as she reached for her board, when Suho came in...

 

“OH... sorry if I interrupted something!” Suho uttered as he spun around and headed outside, because from his angle, he thought that the two were kissing due to the close proximity of Sehun’s face towards Dara.

 

“Ani hyung! What is it?” Sehun shrugged as he gave his hyung an eye-smile

 

Dara waved at Suho and sat herself up properly, straightening her dress.

 

“UM... is there something I am missing here? I mean, you two haven’t gotten engaged right? Cause by the looks of how you are always clinging to Dara... it’s like you don’t want to leave her side” Suho teased as he sat in one of the sofas across from where Sehun and Dara were seated.

 

Dara shook her head vigorously with her hands.

 

“Ah, I see... very well then... it’s about your upcoming birthday... what do you want to get?” Suho smiled as he shifted his attention on their baby brother

 

“Hyung... it’s still early to ask for presents!” Sehun rolled his eyes upward

 

“I just want to make sure that you get what you want for your coming of age... or is it... have you already gotten it?” Suho wiggled his brows implicating something then looked at Dara

 

“Hyung! What are you thinking about?! Ani! That’s not it! Please... first Chanyeol-hyung, now you? Who’s next Luhan-hyung? Oh please... please stop!” Sehun exclaimed

 

“Somebody mentioned my name?” Luhan stepped inside the living room as well seeing that his brothers were inside

 

“Oh brother!” Sehun huffed as he looked at Dara apologetically, Dara just shrugged while trying to hide her laughter

 

“So... have you gone around to asking her yet?” Luhan giving Sehun a meaningful stare.

 

“Oh no... hyung! Not you too!!!” Sehun stomped his feet like a child with tantrums

 

“Dara you better think twice before agreeing to marry this baby of ours... you will always be dealing with his tantrums... every day!” Luhan stated looking with a smile at the clueless Dara

 

MARRIAGE? WHO? ME?

 

“Yes, you! There is no one who Sehun is close to aside from us, his brothers and you... unless... Sehun thinks otherwise!” Suho side glanced Sehun putting him on the spot

 

“What?! C’mon hyung... I am still young... I don’t need to think about such things yet!” Sehun replied with his arms crossed

 

“Not for you, maybe... but Dara isn’t getting any younger... mind you... I got married when I was about your age!” Luhan stated as a matter of factly as he strode out of the room, trying to escape another fit of outburst from their maknae.

 

“Anyways... I have to get going... my beloved wife awaits me... I don’t want to be scolded for teasing you again... see you... baby... Dara!” Suho stood up and waved goodbye to them.

 

“Unbelievable! I am sorry about that!” Sehun looked at Dara apologetically

 

I AM USED TO IT... AREN’T YOU?

 

“No... it makes me feel embarrassed... not that being treated as your partner is... but being teased about it” Sehun was careful with his words trying to steal a glance at Dara who was busy writing something on her board.

 

WE’VE KNOWN EACH OTHER FOR A LONG TIME...ALMOST 3 YEARS... YOU KNOW WHO I AM... WHAT I AM... WHY I AM HERE... AND HOW I CAME HERE... YOU NEVER TREATED ME DIFFERENTLY... THANK YOU.

 

“It’s nothing... Dara... is it bold of me to think and feel like this towards you... it’s true... what the hyungs are saying... all that’s missing between us is marriage... in your future... is there me in it?” Sehun wondered while looking down at Dara’s hands

 

YOU HAVE BEEN A PART OF MY LIFE... FROM THE MOMENT YOU WERE BORN, I OFFERED MY LIFE TO PROTECT YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE... NOW, IN THE PRESENT... I AM CONTENTED WITH JUST STAYING BY YOUR SIDE AND KEEPING YOU SAFE... IN THE FUTURE...I AM ALSO HOPING THAT YOU COULD BE INCLUDED IN MINE AS WELL... BUT THERE IS NO CERTAINTY BETWEEN A HUMAN AND A MER-CREATURE... LET US JUST BE SATISFIED WITH WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW... I AM HAPPY... AREN’T YOU?

 

“I’m happy too, having you by my side... with my FAMILY being okay with you, accepting you like you are already a part of the family... my family ... I am beyond happy... but I think you deserve more than this...” Sehun stated seriously playing with a loose thread from his button.

 

YOUR HEART AND YOUR LOVE... THAT IS ALL I NEED...

 

“Enough of this cheesy stuff... I remembered to ask you, before the hyungs came barging in again... about the seashell Chanyeol-hyung gave you... you looked disturbed, is something wrong?” Sehun asked shrugging his shoulders

 

IT LOOKS FAMILIAR, IT LOOKS THE SAME AS WHAT THE ORACLE USES IN HIS ROOM, WHERE HE SEES HIS VISIONS... I DON’T KNOW IF IT’S THE SAME OR... A SIGN!!!

 

“A sign!? A sign of what?” Sehun asked.

 

Dara then looked worriedly, she looked into Sehun’s eyes then she held his hands tightly...

 

IT MEANS THE TIME OF THE VISION IS ALMOST OCCURRING... BUT WHEN? I NEED TO SPEAK WITH THE OTHER GUARDIANS ABOUT THIS...

 

“I’ll go with you!” Sehun stated as Dara nodded and they headed towards the seashore where Dara was found.

 

O====O=====O

 

OKAY...

 

so the next chapter will be the last chapter for BABY DON'T CRY... another new story and new pairing will be next...

 

 

i wonder who it will be and what it will be... still trying to pick...

 

 

anyways....

 

 

as always, let me know what you think...

 

 

comments are well received and it brings happiness to authors kekekekekek

 

kamsahamnida

 

 

~lostschoolboy~