HEARTATTACK- CHEN PART 1

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

HEARTATTACK- CHEN PART 1

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

EXO was gonna have a fan signing event at an auditorium, where 100 lucky fans will get to have a chance to interact intimately with their idols.

 

The fans were randomly chosen through an application sent via email thru their fan site named as: XOXO;  EXO’s official fan name with sparkling silver as their fan color.

 

Everyone was excited for the event, as the 12 members were waiting in the waiting room:

 

Luhan was chatting with a special lady in a corner...

 

Sehun, Kai and Kyungsoo were doing some arm wrestling

 

Chanyeol and Kris were listening to music sharing an ear phone.

 

Baekhyun and Xiumin were singing and matching pitch

 

Suho, Lay and Tao were watching something on the laptop,

 

While Chen was busy scrolling his cellphone for updates and text messages from friends.

 

Then on the speakers outside the waiting room, their previous hits were being played... from HISTORY, MAMA, WOLF and GROWL...

 

As the members were doing their own thing... Chen stood up and was about to go to the wash room... but he had to pass through a couple who was finally ready to come out... after so many rumors and scandals going around... the management, SM entertainment finally allowed them to come out in to the open... since it has already been 5 years since they debuted, the company finally let loose its reigns on them.

 

“Hyung... I need to pass...” Chen stated as he patted Luhan who was leaning his head towards the girl he has his eyes on...

 

“Mian... oppa...” the girl uttered giving him her eye smile

 

“Yah! Yah! Palli! And you...” Luhan said looking at the girl beside him, “Stop giving him your eye smile!”

 

“Hyung... if she likes me, she likes me... that’s all!” Chen uttered as he waved a hand up in the air

 

The girl laughed as Luhan slightly kicked Chen on his .

 

“I don’t know why you chose him... you could do better... he is getting old... find someone young... as your age...like me... Minkki-ah!” Chen teased as he stuck his tongue out at Luhan who was already running after a dashing Chen.

 

Chen was running for dear life as he ran as fast as he could, away form Luhan. Since he ran off and didn’t know what direction he took. He got lost at the auditorium.

 

He was walking aimlessly, looking for someone he could ask some directions to. He was turning and looking left and right for any signs of the toilet.

 

As he was walking around the corner, there on the floor... he saw someone sitting... head was bowed down... looking defeated, he heard him/her sigh... he wasn’t sure if it’s a boy or a girl. He saw it scratching his/ her head furiously, as if it was frustrated.

 

“Ahem... um, excuse me... do you know the way to the nearest toilet?” Chen asked despite everything he saw, the person pointed to the left as Chen looked up and saw the sign of the toilet.

 

“Ah... kamsahamnida.” Chen bowed and hurriedly went inside the toilet, checking every cubicle first, once he made sure it was empty, he closed and locked the door and did his thing.

 

Chen knew that he should have asked one member to go with him, but after trying to escape Luhan’s kick, he didn’t have any time to ask anyone to go with him.

 

He was already washing his hands when he heard a loud knock on the door.

 

“Yah! Open up! This is not your own toilet! This is a public toilet... yah!!! Open up!” he heard a girl’s angry voice shout.

 

Chen’s eyes widened in disbelief... no wonder there were no urinals... there were only cubicles... he was in the ladies’ toilet... he was panicking... he didn’t know what to do... he was walking around and around... and then  decided to just wing it...

 

He wiped his hands dry, opened the door bravely as he was greeted by the knuckles of the angry knocking girl.

 

“Omo!” the girl uttered as she retreated her hand away and put it on .

 

She was shocked to see Chen... a member of EXO... and she was shocked to see blood... his nose was bleeding.

 

“Omo! Omo! Omo! Eotteoke? Eotteoke??” the girl panicked, she then ushered Chen back inside the toilet, she locked the door once again and headed straight for the faucet, she grabbed her handkerchief and dipped it on the water and wiped his bleeding nose.

 

“Mian! Mian! Mian!” the girl uttered while tending to Chen’s nose

 

“You punch really well... kekekeke” Chen uttered as he looked up to stop his nose from bleeding.

 

“Is it that bad?” he asked once again as he looked at the girl who was showing a face full of concern, the girl nodded her head...

 

“I think... I might have bruised it a little... you need to put some ice on it... I guess?” the girl uttered in a low voice

 

“Don’t worry... it’s fine... I don’t need to go to the doctor for this” Chen uttered as he looked straight to the mirror to check the damage

 

“OH SH*T! YOU DID THIS?”  Chen uttered out of shock as he checked his nose bridge upclose... it was beginning to bruise

 

“I am sorry... Chen-ssi! I am really sorry!” the girl pleaded near to tears

 

“I think I need to go back to the others... and let managery hyung take care of this... don’t worry... it was an accident... don’t cry!” Chen smiled as he patted the girl’s head.

 

“Mian... I mean... you still have a fan event today... and look what happened? Omo! Mian!” the girl uttered wiping her tears away

 

“Okay... no worries... it was an accident... it was my fault for getting in the wrong toilet... but I need you to do something for me...” Chen asked, the girl looked up, avoiding to look at Chen’s nose... because right now, he looks hilarious than pitiful.

 

“Um... what is it?”

 

“I need you to help me hide my face from the crowd if ever we encounter them while going back to the waiting room... can you do that for me?” Chen asked

 

The girl looked inside her bag for anything that can hide Chen’s bruised nose. She found a huge scarf as she placed it around Chen’s face making sure to cover up his nose.

 

“I’m gonna look out first, to see if there are any people passing by” the girl uttered as she slowly opened the door.

 

When the coast was clear, she signalled for Chen to come out. The two of them then casually walked side by side each other.

 

Chen saw two staffs walking towards them, he immediately grabbed onto the girl’s arm and pulled her near him, as if they were a couple walking hand in hand.

 

“Omo!” the girl uttered in shock as she held onto Chen’s arm for support to prevent herself from tripping.

 

“Just walk normally... the two of them are eyeing me suspiciously.” Chen uttered while clutching his teeth

 

“Who wouldn’t? Your face is wrapped up in a scarf when it’s summer time... they would really look at you conspicuously!” the girl uttered trying to stifle a laugh.

 

Chen just nodded as they found their way back to the dressing room. Outside the room, Chen found his manager hyung with his hands on his waist looking at him.

 

“What the?! Chen?! Is that you?” the manager hyung asked in a confused state looking at Chen then at the girl then back at Chen

 

“Neh!” Chen answered

 

“What happened to you?” manager hyung asked as he tried to pry the scarf away from Chen’s face

 

 

“Hyung not here... let’s go inside first!” Chen uttered unknown to him he was still grabbing the girl’s arm

 

“Ahem... I think I better get back in line... mian... mian!” the girl uttered as she bowed at the manager and Chen.

 

Chen just looked at her as she walked away from him. They went inside the room as he took off the scarf to reveal his bruised up nose.

 

“WTF HAPPENED?” manager hyung stated aloud catching everyone’s attention.

 

Chen embarrassingly told everyone the story and what happened. After that everyone bursted out laughing, even their manager hyungs laughed out loud.

 

The stylist noona then placed an ice pack over his nose to lessen the swelling then after that, she placed some make up to cover up the bruise.

 

O====o====o

 

The girl then went back to the line as she patiently awaited for the line to get in.

 

She dare not tell anyone what happened because for sure no one would believe her...

 

“Lee Chaerin! Lee Chaerin! Is there a Lee Chaerin here?” the organizer called out the names of the lucky 100 fans who get to meet EXO in person.

 

“Here!” the girl said as she raised her hands as high as she can.

 

The fans were seated in front of the stage as they saw the staff arranging the table and chairs where EXO was going to sit.

 

Then out came the MC,

 

“Annyeonghaseyo yeorobun! Welcome to EXO’s intimate date... in a few minutes, EXO members will go on stage, and we ask that everyone be on their best behaviour!” the MC uttered as he smiled at the fans who were containing their excitement.

 

Chaerin was there for one purpose and one purpose only... to get a signed CD of EXO’s greatest hits... from her number and ultimate bias... CHEN... the one whom she accidentally punched and caused his nose to bleed.

 

She was wondering if Chen would come out and meet the fans, and what they did with his nose. She was really apologetic towards that.

 

Then all of EXO came out and stood on stage. Chaerin could only stare... amidst the squealing and calling of oppas, she could only stare at him...

 

CHEN.

 

She saw Chen’s face and it looks like the noonas covered his face really well. She smiled at that, until she saw Chen looking at her, he was smiling and nodded at her.

 

Her seatmates looked at her and told her how lucky she was and everything.

 

After their introductions, the fan signing event started. Chaerin was patiently waiting for her turn... she each bought photocards of each member, so that she could have autographs of everyone.

 

She was nervous, because she didn’t know how to act when it was her turn with Chen.

 

Chaerin bowed in front of him and greeted him.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo...” Chaerin uttered

 

“Annyeong... I forgot to ask your name... what is your name by the way?” Chen asked cheekily as his fellow members looked at him with disbelief.

 

“Ah... neh... Lee Chaerin-imnida...”

 

“Neh... Chaerin... thank you for this... what should I write on your card?” Chen asked showing her his curled up lips which made Chaerin stood frozen.

 

For a moment Chaerin was startstruck and then she managed to get  a hold of herself and answered.

 

“Ani... just a sign will do...” Chaerin replied with a smile.

 

“Arasso...” Chen smiled and then wrote something and signed it.

 

Chaerin looked down at the photocard, she got a shock when she saw what was written, she then looked back at Chen as Chen put his forefinger on his lips asking her to keep it as a secret, Chaerin nodded and walked away.

 

 

TO: LEE CHAERIN

 

THANK YOU FOR THE SCARF... HERE IS MY NUMBER... MESSAGE ME THE MINUTE YOU RECEIVE THIS... THANK YOU.

 

FROM: FUNKY FUNKY CHEN CHEN

 

O====O====O

 

                                                 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

Chaerin then hurriedly went down the stairs and looked at the photocard again, she pressed the numbers and heard a ringing sound coming from the stage. She looked back and saw Chen smiling and looking at her. He winked at her as he continued to sign the fan’s cd’s.

 

After the fansigning event, EXO members played a game with selected fans. The members get to choose the fan they will be partnered with. Chen’s eyes automatically searched the place where Chaerin was seated.

 

Chaerin was seated at the back of the auditorium as he acted as if he was looking and scanning the crowd and pointed towards the back, where Chaerin was.

 

“Neh... the girl at the back, wearing the floral printed shirt!” Chen pointed out as the fans squealed and pulled Chaerin out of her seat.

 

Chaerin then hurriedly went to the stage with her head bowed down, she can feel the rest of the members eyeing her, she sensed that they knew who she was and what she had done...

 

The moment she stood beside Chen, Chen’s hand instantly stretched out for a handshake, she shook it and blushed and just remained her head hanging low.

 

“I already saved your number... let’s have fun Chaerin!!” Chen whispered as he raised his hand for a high five which Chaerin did and the game began.

 

TELEPATHY GAME: the MC will give the team two choices... and if they are in sync they would choose the same and the team with the highest number of score wins.

 

Tao and his partner were in the leading... getting 4 out of 7 choices correct.

 

Then it was Chaerin and Chen’s turn.

 

“Just say what really comes to your mind... I don’t mind losing... but of course, I also don’t mind winning... hehehehehe” Chen uttered as he was asked by the MC for any encouraging words before they started the game.

 

1st choice: you are on a date- a movie or a walk in the park

 

CHEN and CL: a walk in the park!

 

Both of them looked at each other as they gained OOOOHHHHSSS and AAAHHHHHSSS both from the members and the fans

 

2nd choice: date in the park- go biking or go skating

 

CHEN and CL: go biking... couple bikes!

 

All of them were shocked that even the couple bikes were in sync.

 

3rd choice: coffee or bubble tea

 

CHEN and CL: coffee!!!

 

4th choice: spaghetti or teokbokki

 

CHEN and CL: teokbokki!!!

 

5th choice: hanbok or suit

 

CHEN and CL: hanbok!

 

6TH choice: music bar or a club

 

CHEN and CL: club!!!

 

7th and final choice: love or fame

 

CHEN and CL: love

 

And at that conclusion, they were the ultimate winners, they both said the same thing at the same time, which earned cheering and laughter to both members and fans.

 

“Ah, it seems you are compatible with each other... you would suit each other well!” Suho uttered teasing the two.

 

“Hehehehehe... hyung!” Chen smiled as he bowed at Chaerin who was already blushing hanging her head low.

 

“Chaerin... who do you like most among EXO?” the MC asked as he gave the mic to Chaerin

 

“Ah... Jongdae-ssi” Chaerin pointed towards Chen shyly which earned another teasing from the members

 

“HUG! HUG! HUG!” EXO members and fans cheered, leaving the two blushing.

 

Chen then opened his arms wide as Chaerin shyly stepped in and lightly hug Chen and patted his back quickly.

 

“Do you have anything to say to Chen?” the MC asked towards Chaerin

 

“Neh... always stay healthy... and keep smiling... remain funky as you are... we, your fans will always cheer for you... not only for you but also for the rest of EXO as well!” Chaerin uttered with composure as she looked at the rest of EXO.

 

“EXO and XOXO SARANGAJA!!!” Chaerin shouted with all of her might as everyone shouted along with her.

 

Then with that the event was concluded. Chaerin went home with a pounding heart...

 

It was because of this...

 

FROM: FUNKY FUNKY CHEN CHEN

 

The fan meeting was enjoyable... I’m glad to have met you Chaerin-ah... let’s meet again...

 

Chaerin could only squeal in excitement as she read and re-read the message she received from her bias.

 

O=====o=====o

CHEN’S POV

 

Ahhhhh! The event was really successful! Yes!

 

It was really overwhelming to see our fan’s support. I will never forget that... and I will never forget this day... the day that I met a fan... who is named as Lee Chaerin.

 

She really left an impression on me. I would probably not forget her, with the bruise that she gave me? C’mon... who would forget that.

 

I got teased alot by the members because of it... aish! I am a troll and I am good at it... I will troll all of them!!! Especially Luhan-hyung, now that him and Minji are preparing for a press conference to admit to the public about their relationship... for sure... a lot of them would fall for those two... their love story is like one of those you see in movies... Aigoo!

 

Uri Minkki is a well renowned dancer, any type and genre of dance she can dance... she is also a choreographer both for musicals and for other entertainment company. She has gathered enough recognition for her works that the moment the news broke out about Luhan hyung and Minkki’s supposed relationship... no one could throw out negative comments... they saw them as perfect for each other... I bet they would fall in love with those two once they hear their story.

 

Thinking about those two made me lonely... ah, it’s a good thing I got Chaerin’s number... I decided to send her a generic message but with my heart in it... I am really happy today! Meeting the fans and meeting her in those circumstances, it was really memorable!

 

Ha! And we won in the TELEPATHY GAME... really, I was shocked that we were both thinking the same things at the same time. And to top it all of... I was her bias... I may have the least number of fans out there compared to the other members... but I am proud to say that my fans know my heart very well, isn’t Lee Chaerin an example of that?

 

We were almost back to our dorms and I was still exchanging messages with Chaerin. She was fun to chat with, I think she is at ease with texting rather than talking personally... cause I for one would get tongue tied if I was standing in front of my idol...

 

 

“Yah! Funky Funky Chen hyung! Rest your cellphone will you... it might overheat!” Sehun teased as he looked over my shoulder

 

“Oh-ho!!! Is that the fan who did that to your nose!?” Sehun said in a teasing manner as I tried to land a hit on his shoulder

 

“You got her number?” I heard Kyungsoo asked, “How?” I just shook my head refusing to answer their questions

 

“Did you give her your number... and you asked her to call you... is that the reason your phone was ringing during the event?” Suho hyung was eyeing me suspiciously, my lips couldn’t lie as they curled up and I fought off the urge to smile... but I failed...

 

I nodded slowly as I heard the whole van roar into teasings. Here we go again! I rolled my eyes as I covered my face with my cap and waited for another message from Chaerin.

 

O====o====o

AUTHOR’S POV

 

A few days after the event, Chaerin was hanging out at a cafe near her house, when she met a familiar face who greeted her first.

 

“Chaerin unnie?” the girl uttered in high pitched voice, Chaerin turned around and removed her shades, as realization hit her.

 

“Minkki-ah!!! Omo!” Chaerin uttered as she screamed in delight and hugged her.

 

Chaerin and Minji grew up together, being neighbours and all, they were best of friends and were like sisters, they were inseparable until Chaerin needed to move to Japan to be with her parents and then as Minji tried to pursue her dance in another country.

 

The two took the seat at the back of the cafe and chatted non stop.

 

“So what have you been doing lately?” Minji asked as the smile never left her face happy to see her again.

 

“I am a fashion stylists... and I dream of having my own clothing line... and I think the opportunity is slowly realizing... I have followers but not that big, and I start to showcase my designs in one of the department stores here in Korea!” Chaerin answered

 

“And what about you Minkki... what have you been doing, after graduating from UCLA huh? I have heard your name in one of the theatre plays as a choreographer...” Chaerin added with a tease

 

“Neh unnie... I choreograph for plays and dance groups...” Minji nodded

 

“Um... I just need to ask you something...” Chaerin hesitated but went ahead with it,

 

“Do you know EXO?”

 

MInji nodded and looked at her questioningly,

 

“UM... is it safe to assume that you are that lady that the fans were talking about... with Luhan?” Chaerin stated being updated with EXO’s news, she knew that there are rumors going around about Luhan’s girlfriend... and the XOXO in America were doing a mighty fine job of protecting Minji’s privacy, so there were no pictures posted and taken of her together with Luhan, only fan accounts and rumors that were neither confirmed nor denied.

 

“Unnie... can you keep it as a secret?” Chaerin nodded as she urged Minji to go on

 

“Actually we are planning to go out in public... the company is scheduling a press conference about this matter... since they have officially marked their name and place in the industry, they thought that it was about time to clear the rumors and confirm the facts and refute the fiction”

 

“Whoa! Really? Daebak! Daebak! Whoa! That I all I can say... was he that LULU guy then you were talking about, the one you met in China?” Chaerin asked as Minji nodded

 

“Wow, it has been years... you have been together for how many years now?” Chaerin asked

 

“3 years unnie... since they last went for the LA KConvention... we started with our long distane relationship and focused more on each other’s dreams” Minji replied

 

“You were really the mature one between us Minkki... I am so happy for you!” Chaerin smiled.

 

O=====o=====o

 

After meeting each other in the cafe, Minji got a call from Luhan asking her to meet her at the cafe a few blocks away from where they were, and since Minji was not familiar with the place, she asked Chaerin to come along with her.

 

Meanwhile at the cafe, in the private room upstairs... Luhan was together with the EXO-M members since they just finished a photoshoot and they begged their manager to have a break, which their manager gladly agreed to.

 

“Uri Minkki is coming?” Xiumin asked as he sipped his iced coffee cutely

 

“Ah hyung... how can anyone believe that you are the oldest among all of us when you look like that!? You look like you are the same age with MInji” Tao whined again as he took a huge bite from his sandwich

 

“Hyung, hyung... let me borrow your phone... please?” Chen was doing some aegyo so that Kris would lend him his phone

 

“Wae? Where is your phone?” Kris asked as he eyed Chen

 

“I forgot it at home... I need to text somebody! Please!” Chen pleaded doing his aegyo

 

“Are you gonna text Rinrin again?” Luhan asked teasingly, Chen just blushed

 

“Look, he doesn’t even need his phone... he already memorized her number already!” Lay pointed out joining in on the teasing

 

“Yah! Hyung! Stop it! It’s impossible for us to meet again, that was the only time I met her” Chen pouted

 

“Guys!” Tao uttered as he pointed to something on the screen of his laptop

 

“What is it?” Kris asked as he looked at where Tao was pointing

 

“Yah! Yah! You rascal you! You are lying... Rinrin has been to almost all of our fansigning events... you don’t remember her... she is in a picture in here where you did your fansigning... look here!” Kris stated as Chen peeked at the screen

 

“Omo! Hyung! That’s her! Why didn’t I recognize her before?” Chen stated as he stared long and hard at the screen.

 

Chen then looked at the credits of the photo who took it, it has a caption saying...

 

Lead Vocal’s fancafe president... CL with our FUNKY FUNKY CHEN CHEN

 

Chen’s eyes widened in disbelief... Lee Chaerin was CL?

 

“Hyung... isn’t CL... your..” whatever Tao was gonna say Chen couldn’t hear it, he couldn’t believe it... Lee Chaerin was CL... his life saviour... his inspiration.

 

CL was known to him as that loyal fan who protected his privacy and took down all photos of him that were very invasive of one’s private life. CL was respected throughout the fanbase of XOXO, she was the one who disciplined the saesang fans and reprimanded the fans. She was the one who implemented a strict rule of not hogging and crowding public places where EXO will guest or appear, she was the one who berated all the XOXO’s with standard discipline and proper behaviour, XOXO listened to her respectfully.

 

CL was the reason that XOXO were known to be a very disciplined fandom... before EXO’s fans were rowdy and they would crowd up airports and public places... now, even without security to tell them what to do... XOXO will personally do the organizing and protect their idols from being hurt by other people... before EXO’s fans were feared by other artists or groups now, those artists or groups want the kind of fans XOXO were to EXO.

 

It was all beause of CL... Lee Chaerin was CL... EXO’s behind the scenes guardian angel.

 

And Chen saw her walking inside the private room together with Minji.

 

O===O====O

 

so that's my last update for the day...

 

 

 

hehehehehe, i love thinking of their future interactions and plots to their story..

 

 

there are a myriad of possibilities there...

 

 

 

i left it hanging... as to who CL was to Chen's life and who CHen was to CL's life... in the past...

 

 

 

so...

 

 

 

comment down below and show some love kekekekeke

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~