BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 5

XOXO- SHORT STORIES

BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 5

 

                

Kris and Dara hurriedly sent Tao’s unconscious and weakened state back to the ship where Lay tended on his stabbed wound, while Dara gathered all that she need for Tao’s quick recovery medicine.

 

Lay already stitched Tao up and stopped it from bleeding, hoping that there were no major organs that was damaged and Tao’s body to recuperate fast.

 

Dara told D.O. what happened, which angered the Captain as he was ever more determined to get back at the Mermen for doing what they did to Tao, his First Mate, his best friend whom he considers his brother already.

 

“D.O. you need to go and seek proper help, Tao’s condition isn’t getting any better... you need to find a town where there is a surgeon to get a proper look at Tao’s condition!” Dara insisted

 

“I have one of the finest surgeons on board my ship... I don’t need anyone else... Lay’s judgment and work is enough!” D.O. uttered with determination to get back at who had done that to Tao.

 

“Yes, Lay is the best... but you don’t have the proper tools here D.O. he needs to rest... please... listen!” Dara pleaded, but it fell on deaf ears as D.O. already commanded his crew to prepare for battle.

 

Dara then decided to stay beside Tao and watch over him while the crew was busy checking out their guns and weapons.

 

Suho and Xiumin were left to watch over Tao and Dara and the ship as the rest of the crew went to hunt for the Mermen, despite all of Dara’s warnings and pleading, D.O. still decided to continue.

 

When the sun was about to rise, Tao finally regained consciousness, to find Dara sleeping soundly beside the bed where he was lying on.

 

“D-Dara...” Tao uttered as he lightly placed his left hand on Dara’s head.

 

Dara groaned as she felt movement and immediately woke up with wide eyes, looking at Tao.

 

“T-Tao... D.O. and the others went to go and look for Jaejoong and the others... I think he is going after them for a fight, because of what they did to you... I am worried for him, Tao” Dara uttered in a worried and shaky tone.

 

Tao tried to reach for her and hug her, but the moment he stretched his left arm for an embrace, he felt a pain in chest, he felt the bandage and saw a bit of blood coming out and staining the piece of cloth.

 

“Don’t move too much... they got you deep...” Dara uttered as she placed her hand lightly on top of his chest, Tao grabbed her hand and held on to it tightly while looking at Dara’s eyes intently.

 

They stared at each other for what seem like an eternity, until a knock on the door broke their trance.

 

 

“Dara-sshi... I brought you some breakfast” Suho stated slightly opening the door peeking and saw the two holding hands and looking at each other.

 

“Oh... am I interrupting something!?” Suho teased looking at Tao who was still holding on to Dara’s hand.

 

Dara and Tao shook their head in unison as Suho laughed

 

“I’m glad you are awake... I bet you are hungry... I’ll go back and get some food for you Tao-Tao!” Suho smiled as he laid the bowl of soup on the table and headed out of the room.

 

After Suho brought the breakfast in the room, Suho and Xiumin decided to join the two in eating their breakfast at the room as well, trying to lighten the dark mood that was left by their Captain’s determination to get revenge for Tao and search for clues about the Black Pearl.

 

Meanwhile, on the island... D.O. and the crew were successful in defeating a huge number of night monsters that were present on the island preparing for the feast and battle for supremacy of the NOCTURNES... they decided to take a break and rest for awhile in order to gain strength for what they came after... the Mermen.

 

Kai told D.O. that he and Sehun found where they were camping out and planned an attack on the unknowing creatures.

 

Chen, Chanyeol, Kris and Baekhyun surrounded the camp by making sure that they have the camp surrounded with their aim at all the MERMEN present in the camp, there were about 10 MERMEN who were at camp.

 

Lay and Luhan together with Kai and Sehun attacked the Mermen who were caught by surprise. Anyone who planned to attack the crew on their back was being shot at by the crew stationed at the far side of the camp, atop the trees where Chen, Chanyeol, Kris and Baekhyun were stationed.

 

D.O. showed himself after he found the leader known as Jaejoong. They had a fight... D.O. challenged Jaejoong in a fight with no weapons just pure strength.

 

Jaejoong was sure and confident of the strength possessed by Mermen... but little did he know... that D.O. wasn’t just the Captain just because of his goal and his determination to attain it.... he is the strongest among all of them... and in every field that his crew was best he was better at it.

 

D.O. is the strongest crew member of EXO WOLF ship... and it is known amongst the crew that no one could defeat him... well, only one exception... Tao.

 

Jaejoong and D.O. fought using their fist. Jaejoong was surprised at the strength displayed by his opponent, he got confident and careless as D.O. never lost focus and continuously attack the merman in front of him until Jaejoong spouted blood out of his mouth.

 

“A stab for a stab on my friend then.” D.O. uttered as he got out his sword and plunged it straight on Jaejoong’s chest without hesitation.

 

Back on the ship, Tao was growing restless and worried for D.O. and the others.

 

“We can’t just stay here... we need to go and help them, there are a lot of different night creatures present on the island!” Tao uttered.

 

“But those creatures are in hiding now since it’s daytime Tao... they aren’t in danger per se!” Xiumin reasoned out

 

“Ani... Tao is right... since tonight is the full moon, they don’t need the light of the moon, they are out and about right now, ready for the battle tonight...” Dara stated.

 

Tao hurriedly stood up and tried to twist and stretch his arm, he winced for a little pain and told everyone it was manageable.

 

They went off the ship,  as they let out their pet Wolf to stand guard with the ship.

 

As they trailed the forest, they saw bodies of nocturnes scattered all around the place, it seems like D.O. went on a rampage.

 

Tao was worried because D.O. might be blinded by anger and his obsession with the BLACK PEARL...

 

“Tao... we need to stop first...” Dara uttered

 

“We can’t... we need to catch up to them!” Tao stated as he pointed to the direction of the east.

 

“Tao... just take a rest for a while... “ Suho stated as he pointed out his bandage that was already soaked with blood.

 

“You look pale Tao... you will be of no use if you pass out!” Xiumin said as he held Tao’s arm and helped him to sit.

 

Dara on the other hand started to grind some leaves she has on her satchel and created an ointment to be put on the stitches to heal it quickly.

 

As soon as they changed his bandages, Tao insisted on walking again to catch up to the rest of them.

 

They knew it was no use arguing with him, Dara walked beside Tao with worry in her heart. They haven’t gone that far, when Tao fell to the ground, looking pale as ever.

 

“TAO!” all of them called out.

 

Suho and Xiumin and decided to continue on foot as Dara looked over at Tao’s state, as they look for the others to help Tao.

 

“Please hang in there... Tao... they are coming to get the others... you just rest and close your eyes Tao... please... hang in there” Dara was crying already, her heart hurt seeing Tao’s pale face.

 

“D-Dara... please don’t cry...” Tao uttered as he reached his hand to wipe the tear away from her face, before it could reach her cheek, Tao’s hand fell on the ground.

 

“Tao! Tao! Tao!” Dara cried out as she tried to lightly pat his cheeks to keep him awake, but it seems as though Tao had kept the pain inside and they didn’t notice amount of blood he lost while they were walking in the woods.

 

Dara was in a state of panic... she didn’t know what to do... she held Tao ever so tightly in her arms, crying her eyes out.

 

“Please... don’t go... please... hang in there... please, just rest... don’t leave me... please... I haven’t...” Dara broke down into tears again as she hugged Tao’s lifeless body.

 

Dara was very attached to Tao because... she has met him once... and it only took her that one moment to be captivated by him.

O=====o=====o

It was in one of their journeys in search of the BLACK PEARL. Tao was left on the ship as the others went on shore to gather supplies. He was tasked to man and guard the ship, together with the WOLF.

                                                                            

The wolf kept howling and howling, much to Tao’s worry, he might seem scary and brave, but deep inside he is like a child... pure and innocent and easily scared. Tao tried to silence the Wolf, but it kept on howling and howling... until Tao decided to look to the direction where the Wolf was howling... he looked towards the sea and seen nothing... and then he slowly looked down by the ship and saw someone or something lurking, causing a splash.

 

It seems as though that the net Kai used for fishing caught something... Tao raised up the net slowly as the Wolf also stood at attention.

 

“You better back me up, whatever it is that got caught in the net... it’s huge... so you better prepare yourself, boy!” Tao uttered as he side glanced the Wolf beside him who was anticipating the catch.

 

Nothing prepared Tao for what he saw, it was a beautiful creature, a long fish tail, with a slender and shining under the moonlight skin, with an angelic face and sparkling eyes showing fear.

 

“Shhhh.... shhhh... I am not gonna hurt you... see” Tao raised his hands up to show the creature that he was just going to unhook the net, to free it.

 

“Slowly... I am just going to unhook this... okay, slowly... I won’t hurt you... I promise” Tap uttered as he slowly unhooked the net and down came falling the creature on Tao’s arms.

 

“Whoa there! Gotcha!” Tao stated as he slowly saw the tail transform into long, slender, white legs.

 

The creature had a long fairy top to cover until the top of her thighs, but that didn’t help the creature from shivering, so Tao draped over the creature his coat to keep it warm.

 

“Th-thank... y-you”

 

“Oh... you speak!” Tao state in surprise

 

“I am Tao... what is your name?”

 

“D-Dara...”

 

“Nice to meet you Dara”

 

Dara was very wary of talking to humans because of the history their kind has with them. Usually the humans capture mermaids and kill them for their tail which was said to be used for forging strong weapons.

 

The two shared stories and their thoughts and feelings, they talked for hours and got to know each other very well. Their attraction towards each other was undeniable.

 

Tao was fascinated with Dara, because only in stories did he hear about mermaids... creatures of the sea... and here he was, standing and talking in front of one.

 

Dara reached out and touched Tao’s cheek as she looked at his eyes... Tao also stared back mesmerized by Dara’s beauty.

 

“Although, I don’t have much to offer my dear Tao... accept this as a token of my gratitude, for saving me...” Dara softly stated as she tiptoed and kissed Tao gently on the lips.

 

The moment their lips touch Dara immediately jumped off the ship into the ocean, leaving Tao stunned with no recollection that they have ever met.

 

A mermaid’s kiss was said to erase a memory of them, to keep their existence as a mystery and myth.

 

O=====o=====o

 

Night time came and still Suho and Xiumin haven’t come back and Dara has already accepted Tao’s deathly fate.

 

As she kneeled beside Tao’s fleeting existence, Dara whispered something into his ear as she held his hand tightly.

 

With one tear drop from Dara, she stood up and walked away leaving Tao’s lifeless body under a sycamore tree, as she headed straight for the clearing where the battle was going to be held.

 

When she reached the clearing, only two groups were left... Dara saw  that her sisters had Suho and Xiumin bounded on a tree as D.O. and the others were facing off with them.

 

“What is the meaning of this?” Dara shouted in a thunderous voice as she wiped the tears away from her eyes.

 

“D-Dara! Mian!” CL said in a small voice shaking a bit from Dara’s impending fury.

 

“Dara!” D.O. shouted looking shocked at Dara, while Suho and Xiumin’s eyes looked longingly and questioningly at her direction, searching for the presence of Tao.

 

Dara shook her head as she looked at Suho and Xiumin’s defeated state.

 

“Where is Tao?” D.O. asked looking Dara’s defeated form

 

“You were supposed to be together with him, looking after him!” D.O. shouted at Dara who started to shiver, trying to fight off another burst of tears from her eyes

 

“There is nothing to look after when that person is already dead...” Dara said in a cold voice,

 

“Bom, release those two!” Dara ordered as he looked at the two bounded on the tree.

 

“This ends now... I challenge you... to a fight... a life for a life!” D.O. uttered feeling angered at how Dara just coldly left Tao’s body God knows where.

 

“You want to fight me?” Dara asked in a cold tone, looking straight at D.O.

 

“If I win I get to take your life... if you win... you can have mine!” D.O. stated in a low voice

 

“Captain!” the crew uttered in protest, D.O. just raised his hand to silence them

 

“No one is to interfere... understood!?” D.O. said as he looked back at his crew waiting for their answer, the rest hesitantly nodded to their Captain.

 

“D.O. there is nothing to wager here... because... you are the one who is going to die” Dara stated as she suddenly appeared in front of D.O. and ed a knife to his stomach.

 

D.O. was caught by surprise... eyes wide, blood on his hands...

 

“I’m sorry... D.O. it really hurts... being rejected...” Dara stated as she cradled D.O. into her arms.

 

“He didn’t accept you?” D.O. stated as he slowly took the knife off

 

“He refused me... I told him the truth... I even brought back that part of his memory... and still he refused me... it hurts D.O... mian... D.O. for hurting you as well!” Dara cried as she cradled D.O.’s injured state in her arms.

 

Everyone was confused as to what had happened, one minute Dara was all angry and so was D.O., they were ready to kill each other and then another minute after Dara has already stabbed D.O., they see Dara crying and D.O. comforting her in the process.

 

“What the hell is going on in here?!” Luhan groaned out in frustration

 

“What is the meaning of this?” Kris added as they slowly inched their way towards the two on the ground.

 

Dara then explained to everyone what happened, from the moment she met Tao... to the moment she met D.O. and how she feels towards Tao.

 

“He is just sleeping peacefully under the sycamore tree near the clearing... he just needs rest... before her got unconscious... I told him everything... even giving him back his memory of that day... and still he told me he can’t accept me... it hurts here, in my heart...” Dara cried as Lay tended to D.O.’s wound.

 

The stab wound wasn’t that deep, Dara was careful not to damage any organ and do damage to D.O., she just needed to vent out her hurt that way.

 

“Mian, D.O., use this... that will heal your wound quickly” Dara stated as she handed D.O. the medicine she used on Tao’s chest.

 

“Dara... I know... it was your mother who was capable of my father’s craziness, right from the start... I want you to know that I don’t hold you responsible for it... you might hate me for it... for not telling you that I knew of it...” D.O. said with his head bowed down

 

“How? How did you know?” Dara stated in shock

 

D.O. told her that the mermaid that his dad caught that day had markings on her back, a sort of tattoo unique to every mermaid, it was one way of identifying one from the other. And of course the child of that said mermaid will also bear the same marking of her mother. Little did Dara know that her father was D.O.’s father as well.

 

So in a way, they are connected like step siblings... a sister from another mother. And the real reason D.O. was in search of the Black Pearl was because he wanted to meet with his dad again and talk to him... because the day his father chose to be with the mermaid, that was the day the Black Pearl disappeared together with his father.

 

“Dara, do me this one favour... I never want to have memory of my hunt again for that pearl... I want to start a new... make me forget!” D.O. pleaded as Dara nodded and took one step closer to D.O.

 

Kai and Sehun went to the sycamore tree Dara told them she left Tao, and when they reached the tree, he was nowhere to be found. When they went back to the clearing... there was Tao standing in the middle of the clearing with Dara and D.O.

 

“Tao!” Dara uttered in shock as she covered , D.O. turned around.

 

Dara kissed D.O. to make him forget about his bitter and sad memories of the past and to start a new, that was also the same time that Tao appeared in front of them.

 

Tao smiled at the two of them bitterly, feeling defeated as he lowered his head.

 

“I guess this is what I get from acting like a diva... I was late...” Tao uttered in a low voice.

 

DO smiled knowing what Tao was thinking, he walked near his best friend and stood side by side, carefully as he clutched his stomach.

 

“Tao... listen to what this stupid thing says... if you don’t you are gonna regret it for the rest of your life!” D.O. said while pointing to Tao’s left chest where his heart was.

 

D.O. walked towards Lay who in turn checked immediately his wound.

 

Tao looked at Dara questioningly... seems lost for words... Dara smiled and ran towards Tao kissing him once again, this time with the intent of telling him how she feels towards him.

 

After the kiss, Tao still stood there... dumbfounded...

 

“Tao... I love you... you are who my heart beats for... I don’t care if you don’t feel the same way... please always be assured that I will always watch over you and your safety... I am offering my life in service to you... my heart and my life is in your hands” Dara smiled as she held onto Tao’s hands.

 

“D-Dara...” Tao uttered in shock with total revelation of it all.

 

Dara just smiled and looked down at their hands joined together... and since Dara has finally had her heart eased from all the worries of love and heart ache, their joined hands shone every so brightly...

 

“What is happening Dara?” Tao stated almost in panic

 

“I don’t know!” Dara uttered in confusion

 

Everyone’s attention was on the light, that they didn’t notice a newcomer creeping behind the two by the clearing.

 

“If I can’t you then no one else can!” Jaejoong appeared out of nowhere stabbing Tao again to the chest straight through the heart.

 

“Tao!” D.O. then grabbed his sword and immediately cut off Jaejoong’s head in the process, making sure that he was head, Kai and Chen then burned the body.

 

Tao was again fighting for dear life as Dara clutched him close to her heart.

 

“Tao! I don’t want you to go... don’t leave me... I want you to know... I love you, Tao... I love you!” Dara sobbed in between cries

 

Lay was shaking his head, knowing that he was stabbed through the heart, Tao was beyond saving... and with his weakened state, only a miracle would save him.

 

Dara’s eyes kept pouring out with tears as she held onto Tao’s body, she can feel the life slowly leaving his body. And then a bright light shone again... between Dara and Tao’s joined hand... a bright light shone...

 

After it shoned, there appeared the long lost... BLACK PEARL... in all its raw glory for everyone to see...  all were shocked and surprised to see it. D.O. on the other hand smiled and said to Dara

 

“He truly is the one for you Dara...” D.O. uttered in a low voice.

 

The Black Pearl floated on air as if it had a mind of its own as it went towards Tao’s opened wound, once inside, everyone could that the wound was slowly healing, the color of life was coming back from Tao’s face and his heart was slowly beating to a normal state.

 

Tao slowly opened his eyes and smiled as he saw Dara’s smiling face.

 

“I just had to wake up again and say this to you... I LOVE YOU” Tao stated as he reached for Dara and kissed her.

 

 

Amidst everything that the crew of EXO WOLF witnessed, this was by far the most bizarre and one of a kind experience... the pirates of EXO WOLF were declared the winners of the battle of the NOCTURNES and they can rule the creatures of the night until the next full moon.

 

After that announcement... something peculiar happened, while Sehun was standing beside Tao enjoying a victorious moment.

 

“Ewwwww... hyung... you have gills!” Sehun uttered

 

O=====O=====O

 

SHOCKED? 

 

 

 

 

SURPRISED?

 

 

 

 

HEHEHEHEHE

 

 

 

 

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE....

 

 

 

AND THAT CONCLUDES TAO'S BLACK PEARL....

 

 

 

 

 

LOVED IT? HATED IT? FELT BLAH?

 

 

sorry for the wrong grammars and misspelled and missed words... i know you are a very forgiving bunch

 

 

 

 

 

COMMENT DOWN BELOW....

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~