Five Bucks

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER’s POV

 

I think I’m out of luck. I was forced to be engaged and now, I am seated beside a mean girl. She got angry on me earlier for leaning my head on her shoulder accidentally but in the entire evening during our flight, she’s leaning her head on my shoulder, comfortably. I quickly close my eyes when she wakes up.

 

“Finally, we arrived.” She mumbled happily.

 

I only open my eyes when she left. She even didn’t bother to thank me for letting her rest on my shoulder. How ungrateful! I got up from my seat and get off the plane. I am indeed foreign in this country but I know how to speak basic Korean language.

 

“Dad, I just arrived here in the airport. Where will I go next?” I asked my Dad when I called him.

 

 I really don’t know what the address of the house that I’m going to stay.

 

“Someone will fetch you there. Just wait for a while because he just informed me that he got stuck in the heavy traffic.”Dad said to me.

 

“Great!” I muttered in annoyance. “Okay, I’m going to hang up now.” I said and end the call.

 

I sat down on one bench as I wait for that person who is going to fetch me. I play some games in my phone to kill some time. My attention was transferred to the mean girl from earlier who got bothered by some guys.

 

“Now let see how tough you are.”I mumbled as I watch them.

 

 I crossed my leg and rested my elbow on my knee and lean my chin on my hand. I’m enjoying the scene that I am looking right now. She’s trying to walk away from them, brushing them off but the guys won’t let her. I don’t understand what they were talking about but they are surely hitting on her.

 

“Oppa!” she called me which made me furrowed my brows when our eyes met.

 

They turn their attention to me and I look beside and behind me just to make sure that I am really the one she’s calling. I confirmed it when she walked over to me.

 

“Pretend that you are my boyfriend.” she whispered to me in English as she gritted her teeth.

 

“What will you give me in return?”I answered her with a smirk.

 

“What?!”she asked me with furrowed brows.

 

“If you want me to do something for you, you must give me something in return.”I said to her. “That’s how the way it is for me.” I continued. Thank you Jackie!

 

“Cash!”she said to me.

 

“How much?” I questioned her.

 

“5 bucks.”

 

I quickly got up from my seat when I heard what she said. I face the guys and put on my tough looked.

 

“I was just watching back there and what I saw didn’t amuse me.” I said to them as I grabbed one of them on his shoulder and hold him tightly. Of course, I spoke in Korean, obviously.

 

“Let go of me.” The guy that I am clutching on tried to take off my hand but this lanky one doesn’t have enough strength to do so.

 

“Aish! I really want to put the mark of my fist on your face.” I said to them, enjoying what I am doing when I noticed the fear in their faces.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I didn’t expect that he is a cocky one. I scoffed when I saw the fear on the guys faces. He let go of the guy he is holding when a guard passed by. The three idiots quickly run away. Well, I think they are afraid of him because he is much taller than them and his body is much bigger too. I am not sure if he knows how to fight though.

 

“Chickens!” He mumbled when he walk back to me and scoffed.

 

“You really know how to act.”I told him.

 

“Because I know I will be paid.” He said to me and reached his hand on me with a sly smile. I rolled my eyes on him and get my purse.

 

“Oops! I forgot that I didn’t bring any cash with me.”I said after I scan my purse.

 

“What? Try to check your wallet, maybe you have some there.” He stated.

 

“I told you, I don’t have.” I lied. “I only have my credit card with me.” I continued.

 

“Aish!”he hissed in annoyance.

 

“Sorry! I guess I will have to say thank you to you so, thanks.” I said to him curving a smile.

 

“What? I won’t….”

 

“Oh my driver is finally here. I have to go, bye!” I said to him in a hurry and meet my driver.

 

I smirk when I heard him groaned in frustration. I can feel his eyes on me but I didn’t bother to look back. My driver greeted me politely and I curved a smile on him.

 

“Welcome back, Miss Jung.” He greeted me,.

 

“Thank God you’re finally here.” I said to him. “Let’s go, I want to leave this place.” I continued.

 

“Then I guess you should call your fiancé, Miss.” He said to me.

 

“What?” I questioned him with furrowed brows and I followed his eyes when he looked beyond me.

 

“The guy over there is Mr. Liu, right?” he said to me before he approached him.

 

With widened eyes and my jaw dropped open. I am beyond shocked right now. I watch my driver approached that guy. I can’t believe that I am with the guy my family wants me to marry the whole time! Oh wait, I think my parents plan all of this.

‘AAPPAA!’