Inconsiderate and Insensitive

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER’s POV

 

Today is my birthday and the day that I and Krystal will spend the entire day together. I excitedly got up from my bed and took a quick shower. I had been waiting for this day to come. After I put on my clothes and fixed myself, I grab my phone on the side table. I received a lot of voice and text messages coming from my family, relatives and friends that are greeting me. I curved a smile while reading their messages and listening to it.

 

“I wonder if she’s already up?” I mumbled to myself after I step out in my room and look on her room’s door.

 

I decided to head downstairs and just prepare some breakfast for us. I cooked some pancakes and prepared some toasted bread. I cooked hotdogs and bacons too. My attention was shifted to my phone when it rings after I served the last plate of food on the table.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday my dear Amber, happy birthday to you!”

 

I heard Ailee-noona’s voice on the other line who is singing me sweetly. I chuckled hearing her singing me song.

 

“Thanks-noona!” I said to her. “I thought you forgot it.” I .

 

“I am not that forgetful, you Llama!” she answered and laughed. “I bet you haven’t got any sleep last night, huh?” now it is her turn to tease me. She knew that I am going out with Krystal today.

 

“Whoa! How did you know? You are spying me, aren’t you?” I asked her jokingly.

 

“I won’t waste my time doing that.” She replied and giggled.

 

“But you just did.” I retorted.

 

“Whatever, llamaber!” she spoke. “Anyway, have fun on your birthday! You owe me some cakes since you won’t be treating me anything on this day.”

 

“And you owe me a gift.” I answered.

 

“You can get it from me anytime!” she replied and chuckled. “Well, I have to go now.  Have a very awesome day!”

 

“Thanks Noona. See you soon! Bye!”

 

I shoved back my phone in my pocket and place our plates in our table.  I curved a smile when I saw that everything was already had been set perfectly. I glance on my watch and I know, any minute now, she will come downstairs. It’s already her time to wake up.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I woke up when I heard the sound of my phone that is ringing. Without looking whose the caller is, I answered it and place the phone over my ear. I heard my boyfriend’s voice on the other line and I curved a smile.

 

“Hi Babe! Good morning!” He greeted me happily.

 

“Good morning, Babe.” I replied groggily.

 

“Did you just wake up?”he asked me.

 

“Y-Yeah.” I answered.

 

“Babe, it’s almost 8 o’clock. You should have been up as early as 7.” He told me. I just ignore what he said. “Well, you need to dress up. We’re going out today.”

 

“What? Where are we going?” I questioned him.

 

“Have you forgotten? We will be hanging out with our friends today.”He told me and scoffed.

 

I mentally face-palmed myself for forgetting it. I forced myself to get up from my bed after I ended up our call. I hit the shower and dressed up. I head downstairs and meet Amber in the dining room. I raised my brows when I saw him already prepared our breakfast but unfortunately, I can’t sit down and have breakfast with him cause I’m in a hurry.

 

“I’m sorry, Am. I can’t grab any of it because they are already waiting for me.” I told him when he invited me to eat breakfast with him.

 

“Oh.” The only word that exit from his mouth. I can sense the disappointment on his face.

 

“I’m really sorry! I will make it up to you, next time!” I said to him.

 

“No, it’s okay!”He answered with a faint smile.

 

I heard a car honking outside and I know that it is already Suho. I hurriedly said my goodbye to Amber and head outside. The disappointed looked on Amber’s face remains in my mind and I don’t understand why I feel bad about it.

 

AILEE’s POV

 

I was making my lesson plan when my doorbell rings. It made me raised my brows as I wonder who it is. I walked into the front door and was completely surprise to see Amber. He greeted me with a trying to be happy smile. I think something came up that canceled their plan. He has a box of cake with him. I invited him in and he placed the box of cake on the dining table.

 

“Noona, where’s my gift?” He asked me when he turned to me.

 

“Still in the store.” I answered him with an apologetic smile.

 

“You lied to me earlier.”He said and playfully sulked.

 

“Well, to make it up to you. Why don’t we go outside and I will let you choose what you want from me as a gift.” I suggested and wide smile was drawn to his face.

 

“Okay!” He replied attentively.

 

“Let’s both have fun today like this is your last day that you will live in this world!” I told him jokingly.

 

“I already died before I came here, Noona.”He spoke with sadness in his voice and a hurt expression on his face. “But don’t worry, I am revivable.” He continued and grinned.

 

I walk closer to him and hugged him. I really feel sorry for him. I know Krystal is hurting him unintentionally but she should be considerate and should learn how to give importance to what Amber might feel.  She’s being inconsiderate and insensitive to him.