Change of Plans

Lifetime Happiness

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I can’t believe that he brought me in the wrong restaurant where his parents are waiting for us. It really surprised me when he suddenly grabbed my hand. Feeling the warmth of his hand made my heart skip a beat. I find it odd why my heart reacted that way. I think maybe it’s because he made me feel at ease.

 

“You should have double check for the right place, stupid.”I said to him.

 

“Uhm…yeah.” He replied and laughed awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head. I scoffed seeing his awkward expression.

 

“So where exactly it is?” I questioned him.

 

“Dad hasn’t replied to my message yet.”he answered me as he looked at the screen on his phone.

 

“Why don’t you call him instead of just texting him?” I suggested to him.

 

“He doesn’t answer calls when he is meeting someone.” He replied to me.

 

His attention was then transferred to his phone when it beeps. He curved a smile when he read it and I don’t think he received a messaged from his Dad. I think it is from who knows…Ailee-unnie? I quickly looked away when before he caught me staring at him curiously.

 

“Let’s take a walk for a while.” He said to me with when he shoved his phone back on his pocket.

 

“O-Okay.”I answered him.

 

I think it was indeed Ailee-unnie who texted him. I wonder what did she said that made him flash that smile.

 

‘Why am I bothered about that anyway?’

 

AMBER’s POV

 

We ended up strolling in the street of Seoul. I send a message to my Dad to inform him that we are not coming. I made up an excused but I know he will still get mad at me no matter how valid that excused may sound. Well, I think he will consider if you are in life and death situation.

 

“Amber, aren’t we going to meet your parents?” Krystal asked me when she halted.

 

“Well, I feel not coming to that boring dinner.”I answered her. She raised her brows when she heard my response and it made me scoffed. “Do you want to listen about business stuff for I don’t know, four to five hours?” I continued.

 

“You’re exaggerating. They won’t talk that long.” she replied. “Your Dad will surely get mad at you if we won’t show up there.” She continued.

 

“Trust me, it’s better if we don’t go there.”I told her. “Let’s just have dinner in our own. I think it is much fun.” I added and grinned.

 

She stared at me and then she curved a smile. Well, I feel glad that she nodded her head in agreement for us to have dinner alone. We head in this one restaurant, the restaurant where we had our pretend dinner date. We sat in the same table.

 

“You really like it here, huh?” Krystal spoke as soon as we settled down.

 

“You have to admit, they serve delicious dish here.” I respond and scoffed.

 

“I won’t deny that.” She replied and giggled.

 

“So, let’s feast tonight!” I remarked and grinned.

 

“You are such a dork!”she replied and scoffed.

 

We take our orders and our scenario right now is different when we last came here. We came here to pretend to have a dinner date before but now, we came here to really have dinner together. I guess this is much better than to pretend we are having one.

 

“So Am, what is your plan after all of this?” she suddenly questioned me that snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked her with furrowed brows.

 

“You know, after we…”she paused. I think she felt uncomfortable to utter those words.

 

“We will never reach that point.” I spoke and it made her looked at me.

 

“Huh?” she asked.

 

“Marriage between us will never happen.”I spoke. “I am not planning to go that far now. You wanted the same thing too, right?”I continued.

 

I noticed the surprise expression on her face. I think she didn’t expect that I will tell her that. I already made up my mind that I won’t fool our families that far. I won’t fool myself from pretending that I am not going to consider this whole situation to turn in reality. I might afraid that this feelings that growing inside me, will make me become selfish and greedy. I might not be able to think selflessly and won’t set her free. Besides, she wants to get married just once, to the only guy that she loves and I’m hundred percent sure that it is not me.

 

“Right.” she answered and curved a smile.