Lost Ring

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER's POV

 

After the engagement party, there is a slight changed in mine and Krystal's relationship. I'm not saying that our being 'engaged' relationship is becoming real but what I'm saying is that, we are less harsh and meaner towards each other. In short, we treat each other as friends now. Dad provide us our own car so I always drive her going to school and sometimes back home.

 

"Are you ready?" I asked her when she came downstairs.

 

"Wait for a sec!” she replied.

 

I watch her as she flips the pillow cushions in the sofa, looking every corner in our living room. I can see that she's getting annoyed.

 

"What are you looking?" I asked her.

 

"I lost my ring!" she said with irritation in her voice.

 

"Ring?" I mumbled.

 

"My wngagement ring, stupid!" she blurted when she turn her head to look at me.

 

"Geez, chill!" I answered and scoffed.

 

I don't understand why I feel happy seeing her getting this frantic because she lost our engagement ring. I glance on my watch and we have 45 minutes more before my exam in our major starts. I decided to help her look for it.

 

"Where did you last took it off?"I questioned her and she paused for a moment.

 

"Oh my God! I think it's in our garden!" she exclaimed. "Take me there!" she continued.

 

I furrowed my brows because it made me wonder how it got there. Why did she took it off there? I was expecting that she took it off in our kitchen or in her bathroom. I just nodded my head and drive into the Jung's residence.

 

"What brings you here, Sir?" Mr. Kang asked me. Krystal hurriedly run into their garden.

 

"Krystal lost her ring." I answered him. "She's clumsy as always." I continued and scoffed.

 

"I will help in looking for it then." He told me with a smile.

 

"Thank you, Mr. Kang." I replied.

 

We head to the garden where Krystal is. She is desparately looking for her ring in the garden. I think she doesn't care if her clothes got dirty. We looked everywhere but we couldn't find it.

 

"Argh! Where is it? Damnit!" she hissed. "I still have a test to take!"

 

" What time is your class going to start?" I asked her.

 

"8."she shortly replied.

 

"Aish! I will search for your ring. Go to school now. You got only ten minutes left before 8." I told her after I glance on my watch. It is now 7:50.

 

"But..."

 

"Mr. Kang, can you take her to our University? This clumsy will get late in her exam if she stay her too long." I told Mr. Kang.

 

"Let's go, Young Miss." Mr. Kang told her.

 

I can see the hesitation and worries in her face. I curved a smile to her and pat her head.

 

"Don't worry, I promise that I won't stop looking for it not until I find it." I assured her.

 

"Thank you Am. I promise, I'll come back as soon as possible once I finished all of my exams." she told me and give me a quick hug then left.

 

"Tsk! Now where is that ring?" I mumbled and starts looking for it. I only got 20 mins left.

 

MR. KANG's POV

 

When I got back, I saw Amber who is standing while looking on the flowers. His uniform is already dirty and he is covered with sweat. I don't think his mentors will allow him to attend his class looking untidy.

 

"You haven't find it, Sir?" I asked him when I walked over to him. I noticed that he got a little startled when he heard my voice.

 

"Unfoortunately, not." he replied with a faint smile.

 

"I will look for it, you better go home and wash yourself again." I told him.

 

"Haish! Okay! I haven't look that area there."he told me while pointing the location. "I saw Krystal standing in that area when we last came here." he continued.

 

I nodded my head and went to the area and look for the ring. A small thing shines against the sunlight which caught my attention. I pick it up and find out that it is a ring. If I am not mistaken, this ring is quite different from what I usually saw in Young Miss finger.

 

"Sir! I found  a ring but I’m….!" I yelled  as I turn where he is.

 

"Great!" he answered with a big grin. "Can you give it to Krystal? I need to go now!" he stated and hurriedly left.

 

I watched him as he run around to the front yard. I think he is really late in his class. After a while, Krystal came back. I gave her the ring and I can see the happiness in her face but then, worried looked flashed on her face.

 

"Did Amber find this?" she questioned.

 

"I did Miss, but of course, Sir Amber didn't stop looking for it."I answered her.

 

I thought that she will feel disappointed but that is not the expression I saw in her. I saw a relief which got me confused.

 

"Thank you, Mr. Kang!" she said happily and hugged me tightly.

 

"You're welcome,Young Miss." I answered her.