Rare

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER’s POV

 

I approached Krystal and her friends. I greeted them with a smile and they welcomed me. I met Luna and Sulli. I already saw them before with Krystal but I don’t know their names. I sat down next to Krystal. Sulli is in front of me while Luna is sitting across Krystal.

 

“Oppa, do you have a girlfriend already?” Sulli asked me straightforwardly.

 

“Well, unfortunately, I still don’t have one.” I answered and chuckled.

 

“Seriously?!” they exclaimed with disbelief in their voice.

 

“Seriously.” I answered and laughed. I didn’t expect that they are funny.

 

From the corner of my eyes, I can see that Krystal is looking at me with furrowed brows. I don’t know why she had this confused expression on her face.

 

“That’s impossible! How come someone like you doesn’t have a girlfriend yet?”Luna stated.

 

“How come two beautiful and gorgeous ladies are still single until now?”

 

“I and my boyfriend just broke up.”Luna sighed.

 

“I just rejected my long time suitor.” Sulli followed which got me dumbstruck.

 

“O-Okay.” I answered and chuckled awkwardly.

 

“I’m sorry if my friends are weird.” Krystal whispered to me.

 

“They are funny too.” I whispered back.

 

“I think your friends are already waiting for you to join them in their table.” She told me and looked over to them.

 

“Those idiots just want me to introduce them to you and your friends.” I answered her and scoffed.

 

“Then introduce us to them.” She told me.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

Amber called his friends and he introduced us to them. We meet Jonghyun and Key.I heard them talking about Ailee-unnie with him.Sulli and Luna behave demurely and modestly to them

 

“How come you never mentioned to us that you have a very beautiful friends,Am?” Jonghyun-oppa asked him.

 

“To keep them away from you.”Amber answered jokingly and scoffed.

 

“Do we have a contagious disease that you keep them away from us?” Key-oppa grimaced. Sulli and Luna giggled on the guys’ stupid conversation.

 

“Well, I don’t want you to influence them on the way your minds run.” Amber answered him.

 

“Krystal, is he really like this since you were a kid?” Key asked me.

 

“He was less worst compared now.” I answered and scoffed.

 

“Yah! You were supposed to be on my side!” Amber complained.

 

“Oppa! I’m on your side.” Sulli hastily said to him.

 

“Me too!” Luna followed.

 

“Yes! So it’s still three against three!” Amber exclaimed happily. “Key, you sit here.” He said to him because he sat on the other side with Luna and Sulli.

 

I got slightly annoyed by it when he decided to transfer in the other side. We talked different stuffs until late afternoon. Our friends get along too well. Luna and Sulli are enjoying their company. I am having fun too. While I’m looking at Amber, it reminds me during our childhood days. He always flashes that smile and talked comfortably to me. He never ran out of words to say. It’s different when it was just us. We always run out of something to talk about and I rarely see those smile on his face.

 

“Your friends are all nice.” I said to him while we are walking our way in the parking lot of our school.

 

“They are not really that nice.” Amber said and scoffed and unlocked the car doors.

 

“What made you say that?” I questioned him.

 

“Well, they are you know, they think something y most of the time.”he answered after he open the door of the car for me.

 

“Yah! You’re badmouthing them!” I yelled at him and he just laughed.

 

I somehow feel happy that I was introduced to his friends.  I get inside the car and he closed the door. I noticed that he is happy too. I think there nothing wrong if I assume that the reason behind it is the same to mine.

 

“Do you have to go somewhere else before we head home?”he questioned me after he start the engine.

 

“Book store.” I answered him.

 

“Hmmm, okay!”he answered and nodded his head. “I didn’t expect you love books.”he teased me and chuckled.

 

“Shut up!” I answered him and I rolled my eyes on him.

 

We dropped by in this one book store. He accompanied me there. I quickly regret of what I had decided because unexpectedly, we met the person whom I don’t want to see at of this moment. Amber sneak behind her and place his hands over her eyes. She hold his hand and it makes Amber flashed a cheeky smile.

 

"Guess who?" Amber asked her with a different voice.

 

"Uhm...Llama from the faraway land?"she replied and giggled.

 

She took off his hands before she turn to him. Amber flashed his cheeky smile to her and I envied their closeness. I don’t like the smile on that person’s face when we came face to face. I shouldn’t have care about it but now, I strangely do.

 

“It’s rare to see you two together.” Ailee-unnie said to us as he looked at Amber with her dazzling eyes and bright smile.

 

I feel annoyed hearing those words, not to her but to myself because I know, what she said it true. I and Amber rarely hang with each other, even if we are living in the same house. We rarely talk, rarely eat meals together and rarely bond with each other. I just realized that our relationship is the same to those who are causual friends. I think it's time to change it and restore what we had before. I know I spend too much time with Suho and my friends and less time to Amber. 

 

"It's better than never at all,right?" I replied jokingly forcing a smile.