Thanks Noona!

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER’s POV

 

Dad did get angry at me. But just like everyone else when their parents are giving them a long sermon, I just let the every words pass through on my other ear. I pretended to listen to him. I only shifted back my attention when they mention about something that interest me.

 

“What is your plan on your birthday?” Mom asked me after Dad rest from giving me his long sermon.

 

“Uhm, I don’t have anything in mind yet.” I answered. I honestly forgot about it.

 

“Let’s throw a big party and invite all your friends here. You haven’t invited them during your engagement party.” Mom suggested.

 

“Hmmm, I want to celebrate my birthday with you guys and my friends only. No business partners or other people who am I not acquainted with should be there.” I said with a grin and Dad shot me his glare.

 

“Haish! Do whatever you want.” He said annoyingly and I smirk at it.

 

“ Just a simple birthday party will be enough. But are you sure you don’t have other schedules on that day?” I questioned them.

 

“Honey, do you have scheduled business trip on the 18th?” Mom asked Dad.

 

“I will call Miss Jones to check my schedule.” Dad replied.

 

“If you can’t attend, it’s okay. We can still celebrate it before or after.” I told them. I am used to this situation.

 

“I think Krystal is enough for you to celebrate your birthday with.” Mom said to me with her gently smile as she cupped my cheeks.

 

I curved a smile on her in response. I think they really did believe that I and Krystal have feelings for each other. Well, I do for her but I’m slowly trying to forget about it.

 

“Mom, I need to go now. I have to pick up Krystal in school.” I told them.

 

“Okay. You drive carefully.” Mom told me.

 

I kissed her on her cheek and Dad just signaled me to leave. I step in my car and began to drive. I stopped in one street when the traffic light turns red. I spotted Ailee-noona who is having trouble in carrying for her shopping bags. I parked in one side and rolled my window down.

 

“Noona!” I called her attention and she lifted up her head. “Come on, I’ll give you a ride.” I told her.

 

I opened the car door for her from the inside and she get in. She sat down on the front seat and put her shopping bags on her lap.

 

“Thank heavens you saw me.” She told me. “My car broke down and I didn’t brought any cash with me.” She spoke.

 

“Lesson learn, bring a pocket money with you always.” I stated and grinned.

 

“I won’t disagree on that.” She answered and giggled.

 

“Let’s put this on the backseat.” I told her as I lift those bags and place it on the backseat.

 

“Thanks, Am.” She said with her sweet smile.

 

AILEE’s POV

 

I don’t know what’s with Krystal why she can’t see how perfect Amber is. He is caring, sweet, funny and a gentleman. I think any girl will love to date a guy like him. For me, he is close to perfection. He is physically attractive and his personality is really good. After he put away my shopping bags, his attention was shifted to his phone when it vibrates. He read the message that he received and I can see the disappointed looked in his eyes.

 

“Well, I think I don’t need to go there.” He mumbled. “So, do you have somewhere else you want to go, Noona?” He questioned me when he turned to me. He is flashing his smile but it doesn’t reach his eyes.

 

“Well, I don’t want to go home yet. Why don’t we, do something fun together?” I questioned him and it made him raised his brows.

 

“Fun huh?”He mumbled and began to think. “Oh, I know! Let’s go to the amusement park. I haven’t been there since I got back here.” He said sounding excited.

 

“Okay, let’s go there!” I replied to him.

 

We went to the amusement park and it’s not that really crowded. He bought a lot of tickets for us to enjoy any kind of rides. He looked like an excited kid when he roamed his eyes around the place. He is looking at the gigantic rides that are waiting for us to be selected.

 

“What do you want to ride first?”he asked me.

 

“What do you like?” I throw back the question on him.

 

“Anything that you liked, I guess.” He answered and chuckled.

 

“Okay, let’s try the roller coaster.” I replied to him with a smirk.

 

“Good choice.”

 

We try the roller coaster and I can say that we both had fun riding it. It makes me happy to see Amber finally flashing a smile that reach to his eyes. I can say that he is really having fun with me. After trying the other rides, we decided to take a rest and have our snacks. The sun is already setting and we decided to have ice cream.

 

“It’s been a while since I last visit an amusement park.” He stated. “This place is really full of fun.” He answered.

 

“Yeah.” I answered him.

 

He stayed quiet for a while and his happy smile slowly fade. It was replaced by a sad one. I feel sorry for him because I know he is hurting right now. I cheered him up in the way that I knew. I invited him for a dinner over my house and he accepted my invitation. While we are heading out of the amusement park, unexpectedly, we ran to Krystal. She looked surprise when she saw us and I think the guy who is with her doesn’t know about Amber. I held Amber’s hand when I noticed and walked away with him.

 

“Pretend that we didn’t see them.” I said to him when I looked at him with a smile. I let go of his hand

 

“ I was blinded at that moment so I don’t know what you were talking about.” He answered and faked a smile.

 

“Good! Now let’s go to my house and I will cook you a very delicious dinner to savor.” I said to him.

 

“I can’t wait.” He replied and swings his hand around my shoulder and pulled me closer to his side. “Thank you, Noona.”he whispered to me with his gentle voice.

 

“Don’t mention it.”I replied to him and elbowed him on his side for him to let go.