Final Goodbye

Lifetime Happiness

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

Amber’s call kept me awake until morning. I tried to dial the number that he used to call me again and again but I can no longer reach it. I admit that I was surprised at the same time I feel happy that I was able to hear his voice and greetings. I’m glad to know that he did not forget my birthday. When what Luna and Sulli said to me the other day crossed my mind, I quickly jump off my bed and took a quick shower. I remembered that today is the day he will leave to China. The sun hasn’t risen up and I’m already standing in Ailee-unnie’s doorstep. I know she’s the only one who can tell me where Amber is. I beg to her to tell me where that stupid. I’m grateful that at the end, she finally told me. So here I am now, at the airport, stopping Amber from entering the Departure gate.

 

“I’m here to stop you from leaving.” I told him and he look at me straight into my eyes.

 

“Why are you stopping me from leaving?” He questioned with a faint smile.

 

“It’s because…”I paused.

 

Should I tell him that I’m worried that he will not come back and we will never see each other again? If I will say that, I know it will lead to another question.

 

“It’s because what?” he questioned me with raised brows.

 

“It’s my birthday today.”I told him. “Yeah, you can’t leave today because it is my birthday!” I continued.

 

“I didn’t really plan to leave today but Jiejie booked my ticket. She is expecting me to arrive there today.” he explained to me. “Sorry if I can’t celebrate your birthday with you.” he apologized as he slightly bowed his head with an apologetic smile.

 

I looked away from him. I honestly feel disappointed as well as upset to him right now. I let go of his wrist .I feel his hand on my head which made me looked back at him.

 

“You should have a happy birthday not a sad birthday.” he joked and scoffed.

 

“When will you come back here?” I asked him and looked down as the tears began to well in my eyes.

 

“I don’t know when but I assure you that I will come back here one day.” He answered me as he withdraws his hand from my head. “But don’t wait for that day though, you might end up getting tired of waiting.”

 

“Is that what you felt when I hadn’t kept my promise to you when we were kids?” I questioned. I suppressed my tears before I lift up my head to look at him.

 

“No.”he answered with a gentle smile. “I thought I will stop waiting for you after one month but I keep on extending. I waited for you to come back until the day we were going to America.”he continued.

 

“Then I will wait for you until you come back then. I don’t care how long. I won’t get tired of waiting.” I said to him.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

She is really a hardheaded and stubborn girl. Hearing what he said made me happy. I want to believe on the words that she had say but I don’t think she knows how it feels like to wait for someone you don’t exactly know when to come back to you.

 

“You sound like my girlfriend that I am leaving behind.” I joke and scoffed. I notice a pink shade that suddenly flashed in her face.

 

She bit her lower lip before she met my eyes again. I look back at her and it seems that she has something that she wanted to say. But then again, she looked away. There is this awkward moment of silence between us. I cleared my throat to get rid of it and speak again.

 

“I need to go now.” I spoke. “You have to go home too. You need to prepare for your party.”

 

I waited for her to respond but she keep silent. I know that she’s upset and probably is about to get mad.  I don’t want to say goodbye to her so I just turn my back on her. My chest feels heavy each step that I take away from her. I concealed my emotions inside. I know that when I see her again, she will be Suho’s wife.

 

“Don’t look back, Am. Just walk straight.” I mumbled to myself.

 

I stopped on my pace when out of a sudden, she hugged me from behind. Her hands are wrapped around my waist and she buried her face on my back. I got surprised and my heart starts to pound. There’s no need to look around, I know all the people are looking at us. I think she’s crying because she’s sniffling.

 

“I’m sorry! Please stay!”she told me with her pleading voice. “Please.”

 

“I wish I can Krys, but I can’t.  It’s best for me to stay in China rather than stay here in Korea.” I said to her as I keep myself compose.

 

“Why? Why is it that you can’t stay here?”she asked frantically as she tightens her hand.

 

I turn around to face her and I see the sad expression on her face. I forced a smile and wipe her tears away. She really makes everything hard to me.

 

“I need to go there so I can finish my studies. My Dad had cut me off in our family and they aren’t going to support me financially anymore. If I’m going to stay here, it will take long years for me to save enough money for my tuition fees. Jiejie offered her help to me and I won’t turn that down. I hope you understand Krys.” I told her.

 

“But I really don’t want you to leave. If getting married to me will make Uncle to take you back then let’s get married.” She told me.

 

I lightly shook my head and take a few steps back. If only she has the right reason, I will surely agree on her. I can see the disappointment in her eyes and a glint of pain.

 

“Why you don’t want to marry me? I thought you love me?” She mumbled as she looked away. “I guess that was a lie.”

 

I widened my eyes when I heard what she said. Who the hell told her that?

 

“Fine! Leave!” She yelled and pushed me.

 

I get a hold of her hand and pulled her closer to me. I lock her in my embrace.  Her body stiffened and I think she got surprised.

 

“I love you so much that I chose to let you go. I want to marry you, hell you don’t know how much I want that but I know your happiness is not me. So before I misunderstood what you are doing and showing to me now, let me leave in peace.” I stated. “I want nothing else in this world but for you to be happy, Krys.”

 

"Stupid!" she mumbled. "I love you too!"she continued.

 

I pulled back and look at her. She curved a faint smile when our eyes met. I did want to believe that she really loves me too but when I saw the ring that she is wearing in her hand, the truth slapped me hard on the face to get me back on my senses.

 

"Say that to me again when you're single." I said to her jokingly and I think it reminded her that she was engaged to her current boyfriend. "Don't feel guilty neither pity me. I will be fine so you don't have to worry. Unrequited love is really hard and painful but I will get over this soon." I continued.

 

She stare at me with sadness in her eyes. She shove her hand in her pocket and pulled out something. She grab my hand and give back the ring that I bought for her.

 

"Give it to the girl that you really want to marry."she told me and after that, she hurriedly walked away.

 

I curved a faint smile as I look at the ring in my palm and then shove it in my pocket and enter the Departure gate. I didn't bother to look back because I know our time is already up. We already said our final goodbyes even if there are no words that has been uttered.