That Girl Was You!

Lifetime Happiness

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I feel uneasy tonight. I don’t understand but I can’t somehow fall asleep. I am still wide awake even it is already 12 midnight. My mind keeps on thinking about Amber. I keep on shuffling in my bed, trying to find the best sleeping position that will help me to fall asleep.

 

“Good morni…” I cut off my words when I noticed the sullen atmosphere in our living room.

 

I politely greeted Uncle and Auntie Liu. They both curved a sad smile to me and I quickly get why the atmosphere is like this. I think Amber had already back out in our engagement and I was right.

 

“I’m sorry about my son’s actions.” Uncle Liu apologized and bowed to us.

 

“Well, we can’t do anything about. We can’t force Amber to marry my daughter.” Appa spoke and I can see the disappointment in his eyes.

 

“Yeobo, how are we going to explain these to our friends?” Umma asked Appa worriedly.

 

“I will take care of it.” Uncle assured them.

 

“Krystal, I’m sorry about all of this.”Auntie apologized to me and I don’t know how am I going to react.

 

“You don’t really need to apologized Auntie. He already had informed me ahead of time that he will not going to marry me.” I said to her and they all looked at me with surprised expression on their face.

 

“So you agreed to it?” Umma asked me.

 

“Just like what Appa had said, I will not going to force him if he doesn’t want to marry me.” I spoke with a faint smile.

 

Since our engagement had been cancelled, I haven’t see Amber anymore. I moved back in our house and the house where Amber and I lived together before is put on sale. I thought I will feel happy about the thought of being free in that arrange marriage but I was wrong. I start to miss Amber day by day and the urge of seeing him again becomes more and more stronger each day. A couple of days from now will be my birthday and he never contacted me anymore neither came to see me even in our school. His parents went back to America the day after they visited our house.

 

“Krys, I haven’t seen Amber-oppa anymore. Where is he?” Sulli questioned me curiously while we are walking in our next class.

 

“I don’t know.” I replied weakly and sighed. “We haven’t seen each other for four days now.” I continued.

 

“Why not try to reach him on his phone?” Sulli suggested.

 

“I did but I can’t contact him.” I answered.

 

 I think Amber not only cut off our engagement but also our friendship too. If he changed his number on purpose then that means that he doesn’t want to get involve to me anymore.

 

“Did you two have a fight?” Luna questioned me with raised brows. I lightly shook my head in response.  “That’s odd.”

 

“I hope we will be able to see him in the cafeteria or even just his friends so we can ask them where he is.” Sulli stated.

 

We enter our classroom. Suho and our other friends were already inside, waiting for us. The attention that I’m giving to him right now is lesser that before. In our lunch break, we head in our school cafeteria to have lunch together. I was expecting to see Amber or his friends but I only feel frustrated when none of them came.

 

“Where is that stupid?!” I mumbled annoyingly as I roam my eyes around in every corner of the place.

 

“Are you looking for someone, babe?” Suho asked me which made me turn my attention back at them.

 

“I’m not looking for someone, I’m just checking on something.” I answered him.

 

 Sulli and Luna looked at me strangely while Suho just nodded his head in understanding. I eat my food lunch without uttering any words. I am not in the mood to talk and joined them in their silly conversation. I don’t find it interesting nor entertaining unlike before. I leave our cafeteria ahead of them but Sulli and Luna followed me.

 

“Krystal, wait!” Sulli said which made me stop from my trance.

 

I turn around to face them. We are in the hallway and other students are passing by.

 

“We have something to ask you.” Luna said which made me furrowed my brows.

 

“What?” I answered.

 

“Are you and Amber-oppa are really just friends?” Sulli asked me straightforwardly which made me caught off guard.

 

“Y-You see it yourself that we are.” I replied as I looked away.

 

“Yeah, we did see you two as just a friend before but earlier, we notice something.” Luna stated.

 

“You and Amber-oppa are not just mere friends. Your relationship is possibly more than just that.” Sulli remarked and I start to feel uncomfortable.

 

“That’s absurd!” I mocked and scoffed as I put on my poker face. “I and Amber are just really friends. You can ask all those who know us.” I continued.

 

“So you mean that you only see him as your friend only?” Sulli asked.

 

“Y-Yeah.” I replied, unsure of my answer.

 

“Not even a crush, like or admiration?”Luna questioned.

 

I bit my lower lip as I looked down. I know that I have a little crush on him since we were kids. I come to like him even if I didn’t know that he was Yiyun and I admire him because he is good in everything.

 

“If you don’t, then I think you don’t mind about him transferring to a University in China.” Luna continued which made me widen my eyes.

 

“What are you talking about?” I questioned her as I look at her.

 

“I texted my cousin earlier, fortunately he is one of Amber-oppa’s circle of friends. I texted him earlier and asked him about Amber-oppa. He mentioned to me about Oppa’s transfer to China.”Sulli stated.

 

“He already took their final exams in advance and was scheduled to leave on 24th which is your special day.” Luna continued.

 

I can’t believe what I am hearing right now. Amber never mentioned about this plan of his to me. I thought he will just stay here until he graduate.  But when I heard what Sulli had said next, it shattered my heart.

 

“My cousin told me that Amber-oppa was disowned by his family because he refused to marry the girl that his parents chose for him to be his wife. He said that although Oppa love her, he chose to let go because that girl is already engage to her real boyfriend.”Sulli stated.

 

“And we just realized that, that girl was no other than but you, Krys.” Luna followed.