Sudden Visit

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER’s POV

 

Our class started and I attend the same University that Krystal is attending. Mr. Kang always drives us going to our school. I made new friends, Key, Minho, Jonghyun, Taemin and Onew. We have the same majors. Since University is big, I never meet Krystal. She belongs in different department too and her classes are on different floor. One month had passed and our parents are already coming here to Korea.

 

“Hey, you should wear the ring that I gave you all the time from now on.” I told Krystal when I meet her halfway going into the main door.

 

“I know that, stupid!”she replied to me and rolled her eyes.

 

“Invite some of your friends too to attend our engagement party.” I continued.

 

“Friends or no friends in that party, doesn’t matter.” She told me coldly.

 

“Aish! Do whatever you want then!” I yelled on her annoyingly.

 

“Blah blah blah!”she mocked and glared on me. “I’m getting out of here.” She said and continued to head out of the door.

 

It’s been a month and our relationship is still the same. She is cold and mean to me and I am likewise to her. I hope we can act that well in front of our family. If they will find out that our relationship is not good, I don’t want to imagine what will my Dad do to me.

 

“Haish!” I hissed annoyingly and slumped on the sofa. “Now I’m alone in here again.” I mumbled as I lean back on the back cushion of the sofa.

 

I stare on the ceiling, thinking of what to do to spend this boring day. I grab my phone and dialed the number of my friends that is first in my contact list. It is Key’s name who’s first but that diva isn’t picking up his phone.

 

“Bro, call me when you get this. I’m dying in boredom here.” I left him a voice mail.

 

I dialed my other friend’s number but they are either busy or they already have already plans for today. I lie in sofa, feeling frustrated and bored. My colorful life in America was replaced by this boring one. My attention was shifted back to my phone when it rings. I furrow my brows because it is coming from unknown number.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hello little brother!” I heard my sister’s voice calling me happily.

 

“Jackie, why are you using a different number?” I questioned her.

 

“Hahaha, guess what?” she asked me which made me furrowed my brows.

 

“What?” I questioned her and she giggled.

 

“We just arrived in Korea. We are on our way to your house. Dad and Mom are excited to see you both…”

 

I cut the call and start to panic. How come they haven’t informed me that they are coming today? Aish! I don’t have that mean girl’s number.

 

“Holy !” I exclaimed when I look around. “We haven’t clean the house yet!”

 

I know they will get stuck in the traffic because it is rush hour now. For the first time, I feel thankful that a heavy traffic existed. I probably got two hours till they arrived. I jump off the sofa and hurriedly clean our house. I put all our unwashed clothes in the washing machine. Vacuum and mop the floor downstairs and upstairs, and wipe off every dust. I feel like dying after I’ve done all of these things. I was about to lie on the sofa because my energy got drained but our doorbell rang.

 

“Llama!” My sister quickly hugged me from the time she see me when I open the door. “How are you?” she asked as she tightens her hug.

 

“Dying.” I answered her and my parents look at me with raised brows. “Dying in happiness!” I continued and fake a smile.

 

I greeted my parents, kiss my Mom and Hug my Dad. I lead them inside and Mom quickly roamed her eyes around.

 

“Where is Krystal?” Dad questioned me.

 

“She’s running some errands.” I lied because I don’t know where the hell she is right now.

 

“Call her and tell her to come home as soon as possible. We want to meet her.” Mom told me with her lovely smile and I nodded my head with a force smile.

 

Dad and Mom sat down on the sofa then Jackie and I on the sofa in the opposite side. It made me wonder why they came here in Korea this early. I thought it will be next week.

 

“Why did you come here this early?” I questioned them.

 

“Because we decided to move your engagement party this weekend.” Dad answered. “The Jung will arrive tomorrow so I want you to pick them up.” He continued.

 

“Okay.”I answered him with an awkward smile.

 

“Llama, are you sharing the same room with Krystal?” Jackie asked me with a sly smile.

 

“Hell no!” I answered quickly and they stare on me. “I mean, we are not yet married and sharing the same room will tempt us to commit a lustful act. I don’t think Mom will be amused on that.” I stated which made my Mom smile widely.

 

“I’m really proud that you are my son and you grow up into a fine young man.”she told me.

 

“Pfft! Do not trust his words Mom.” Jackie told her and scoffed.

 

“Shut up, Jack.” I told her annoyingly. She really loves to contradict me.

 

“Call your fiancée now son.”Dad told me so I pretend to excused myself.

 

I go outside our house and stand on the doorstep. I don’t know what to do since I don’t know where to find that girl right now. She usually comes home late in the evening. I got startled when the door behind me opens and feel relieved to see that it is just my sister.

 

 JACKIE’s POV

 

I can tell that my brother is lying something to us but I can’t figure out what is it. I decided to follow him and he looked startled when he saw that the door behind him opened. His reaction tells me that he is hiding something. I think he hadn’t recognize who Krystal really is.

 

“Are you done calling her?”I questioned him.

 

“Y-Yeah.” He answered and smiled nervously.

 

“Hmm! It’s been a while since our family last came here.” I mumbled as I look around the place.

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?”He questioned me with furrowed brows. “You mean, we’ve been in this country before?”

 

“Yeah! We lived here before we migrate in America.”I  answered him and scoffed.

 

“How come I didn’t remember that.” He mumbled and I can see in his face that he is starting to scan his memory.

 

“I thought you will look for Soojung from the time you got back here.”I said to him which shifted back his attention to me.

 

“Soojung?”he questioned. “Who is she?”

 

“It’s for you to find out.”I answered him with a smirk and head back inside. “I know you haven’t contacted Krystal so I will tell Mom and Dad that she’s busy with her school activity.” I added after I turn my back on him.

 

I can feel his eyes on me when I am walking back inside his house. This stupid brother of mine, how come he forget about her! Unbelievable!