Leave Behind

Lifetime Happiness

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I find it hard to believe hearing what Luna and Sulli told me about Amber. It is so impossible that he loved me. If in case what they are saying is true then how come he chose to call of our engagement than agree to be married to me. I know that he treats me well, in fact much better than Suho.

 

“It seems that you don’t believe us.” Luna stated with raised brows.

 

“Because for me, what you just had said is really impossible.” I replied to her.

 

“What if Amber-oppa really loves you? What are you going to do?” Sulli questioned me.

 

I keep silent and I start to think. Yeah, what if he really loved me? But I highly doubt it. What if I assume that he does love me but turns out that he just cares for me? What if I let myself to love him for believing that he loves me too and at the end, I will just get hurt? Just like before, I thought he will wait for me but when I got back, he already left. There is no Yiyun waiting for me to come home. Well, it’s my fault to because I didn’t come back on the day that I promised to him.

 

“Krystal, If you got bothered of what we told you, I think it’s best for you to talk to him. Confront him about it.” Luna told me which made me furrowed my brows.

 

“Why would I do that?” I asked her.

 

“It’s because, if you didn’t get bothered about it then that means you don’t care. It will not matter to you if Oppa has feelings or not for you.” She answered. “If you will let this moment to just pass, you should be sure to yourself that you won’t regret it. Nothing guarantees us that what we have now will still be present in the future.” She continued.

 

“You girls are really crazy, I already have a fiancée. It’s wrong for me to entertain another guy even if that person is really close and good to me.” I told them and forced a smile.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

My Dad did cut me off in our family tree. Jackie gave me some money secretly. I am living with Key temporarily but tomorrow, I will be leaving this country and head to China. I come up with a very good excuse for our Dean to allow me to take our final exams in advance.

 

“Aren’t you going to say goodbye to Krystal at least?” Noona questioned me when I visited her in the kindergarten.

 

“Nah, it’s better just to leave without saying goodbye to her. I might listen to her if in case she will stop me from leaving.” I replied to her as I lean back on my chair and place my hands at the back of my head.

 

“You will be repeating how you two got separated before.” Noona spoke.

 

“I guess it is fate.” I answered casually shrugged my shoulders. “They say history repeats itself.” I added jokingly and scoffed.

 

“I hope Krystal will really ask you not to leave. I personally don’t want you to go to China too. I’m used to have you here and if you will leave, I will feel that there is something missing.” She told me with a weak smile.

 

“In short, you are going to miss me?” I retorted and grinned.

 

“Who wouldn’t?” she answered back and giggled. “I think even Krystal will.” she continued.

 

I just curved a smile on her in response. I spent my whole day in the kindergarten since this will be my last day that I will be able to come here.

 

“What time are you going to leave tomorrow?” Noona questioned me.

 

“My flight is 8 in the morning.” I replied to her.

 

“Why did you choose to leave on her birthday?”

 

“I didn’t do it on purpose. It’s Jiejie who booked the ticket.”I answered. “She really wants me go there tomorrow.”

 

“Krystal will surely get upset about that. You will leave without telling her and you won’t even come on her birthday.” Noona spoke.

 

“Well, at least I have a gift for her. Please don’t forget to give that to her, Noona.” I said to her.

 

“I am not that forgetful, Llama.” She replied and scoffed.

 

I spent the rest of my day with Ailee-noona. I got nowhere to go too and I’m bored to just stay in Key’s apartment. When the evening came, I and my friends met in one restaurant for my farewell party. All of them came and we enjoyed the party. It is already almost 2 o’clock in the morning when went home.

 

“Bro, don’t you miss her?” Key suddenly asked me when we decided to hang-out in the living room for a while.

 

“Her?” I questioned him with raised brows.

 

“You know who am I referring to.” He replied.

 

“Oh….well, she always crossed my mind, like most of the time. Does it tell that I miss her?” I respond.

 

“Like totally!” Key remarked and scoffed.

 

“I guess I do miss her.” I mumbled.

 

“It’s already her birthday today. You should at least greet her you know.” he advice.

 

“Can I borrow your phone then?”

 

“Why not use yours?”

 

“Lowbatt.” I said plainly.

 

“My battery is almost empty too.”Key said as

 

Key gave me his phone. I dialed Krystal’s number since I memorized it. I don’t know why but I began to feel nervous when I hear it is ringing. I thought she wouldn’t pick up but before her phone stops ringing, she managed to pick it up.

 

“Hello?” she spoke groggily. I think I just disturbed her in her sleep.

 

“Zhùnǐ shēng rì kuài lè,hùnǐ shēng rì kuài lè,zhù nǐ xìng fú,zhù nǐ jiàn kāng.Zhù nǐ qián tú guāng míng.Zhùnǐ shēng rì kuài lè,zhùnǐ shēng rì kuài lè,zhùnǐ xìng fú,zhùnǐ jiàn kāng,yǒu gè wēn nuǎn,jiā ting.” I sang the birthday son in Mandarin. “Happy Birthday Soojung, I wish nothing but the best for you!” I said cheerfully to her. “I want you to know that I lo…”I cut off my sentence because Key’s phone already died.

 

I guess fate doesn’t even want me to say that to her. I throw back Key’s phone to him and proceed to my room. I slightly feel happy though, at least I managed to sing her a happy birthday song as well as say my wish to her. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to say what I really wanted to say to her. I had no intention to make a second call to her though. That will be my last time hearing her voice. Since I hate goodbyes, I didn’t ask any of my friends to send me off in the airport.

 

“I think this is goodbye huh, Korea.” I spoke as I look back before I head to the departure area.

 

I curved a smile before I turn my back on the country that I am leaving, those persons that I will leave behind. When I was about to enter the departure the departure gate, I stopped in my trance when someone grab my wrist. I turn to see who that person is and I got totally surprised when I saw Krystal who is catching her breath.

 

“W-What are you doing here?” I asked in disbelief.