Sadness In His Eyes

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER's POV

 

 

The most common rides that people usually try are the ones that Krystal haven't tried yet and those extreme ones. I think she enjoyed every rides that we tried.Her scream of excitement is really defeaning to hear. I feel like my eardrums are going to explode but her laughter are very pleasant to hear. A sweet melody into my ears that when you hear it, it makes you smile and laugh along too.

 

"Your hair is so messy." I told her after our roller coaster ride.

 

"I should have tied it earlier."she mumbled as she comb her hair with her fingers and untangled it.

 

"Too late." I replied and scoffed. "Why don't we take a seat first and have a break?."

 

"That's a good idea." she remarked and smiled.

 

I bought foods and drinks for us because I'm sure she is hungry too.  When I came back, she already managed to fix her hair. I sit down next to her after I handed her share of food. A grateful smile is then flashed to her face.

 

"It's a bit crowded today." I mumbled before I munch my food as I roam my eyes around.

 

"Maybe it's because it is Wednesday." She stated.

 

"What's up with this day?" I questioned with raised brows.

 

"Their business day. Lots of people come here every wed."she informed.

 

"Wow, it seems like you come here often." I said and scoffed.

 

"Not often, just once or twice a month or so." she answered.

 

"And you only tried 5 rides among 20. You must love those five so much because you never got tired if riding it again and again every time you come here." I mocked and chuckled.

 

"Yah! I only come here when Suho asked me to and he is the one who always decide which ride we are going to try." she yelled on me with annoyance in her voice.

 

I nodded my head and force a smile. Hearing her boyfriend’s name made me remember their scene earlier. It made me wonder if that guy ever treats her right. In case if he didn’t, then I am in my right mind to know not to entrust her to him.

 

“How long you two had been together?” I asked her as I focus my eyes on my food.

 

“Hmmm, about three years now.” She replied to me.

 

“He must be treating you well since you last until now.” I stated and scoffed. “Are you happy with him?” I continued and looked at her.

 

“Y-Yeah.” She replied and curved a faint smile.

 

I force a smile back and stand up from my seat. I guess I won’t regret my decision on calling off our engagement. She’s already happy with him and I don’t want to ruin that happiness because of my selfishness.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I watched him when he stood up. I don’t know why he had asked those questions to me. I didn’t expect that he is interested about my love life. This is the first time that he asked me about it. We never talk about our love relationship to other people.

 

“I’m glad to hear that!” He exclaimed enthusiastically and let out a deep sigh before he turned to me. “Well, if in case he doesn’t treat you well, just tell me and I crack his nuts for you.” He continued with a devious smirk on his face.

 

I laughed upon hearing what he said. I remembered the little kid Yiyun hearing his statement right now. He always says that every time there were other boys who bothered me. He is the one who always watch my back and protect me.

 

“You really haven’t change.” I spoke as I contain my laughter.

 

“There is only one thing that changed in me and I think you noticed it.” He stated.

 

“No, I haven’t.” I replied and scoffed.

 

“Pfft! Well, I think it’s because you are not paying your attention to me that is why you haven’t notice it.” He said and chuckled. “Let’s not waste our time. We still have 10 more rides left. Come?” He added with a smile as he extended his hand to me.

 

I curved a smile before I reached his hand. He pulled me up and led our way into the crowd. I can’t help but to keep on glance at our held hands. I feel the same warmth that I felt when we were kids every time we held hands. We tried all the rides in one whole afternoon. He always finds a way on how we can go in front of the long line. I enjoyed my day with him. It is already dark when we arrived home. I am so tired but it’s all worth it. I got a very happy day. I temporarily forgot Suho and I felt much better.

 

“My feet hurt.” I complained as I collapse my body on the couch.

 

“Well, that means you had fun with me today.” Amber said and scoffed.

 

“Since when the ‘hurting of your feet’ became the basis that you had fun?” I questioned him and laughed.

 

“Since your feet are hurting, that means you did not stay in one place and feel bored.” He replied as he stopped down.

 

He lifted up my foot which got me puzzled. He rested it on his knee and starts to massage it. I feel embarrassed of what he did so I decided to pull it but he held it tightly.

 

“Aish! Just be still.” He said with annoyance in his voice. “This will be the first and the last time that I will massage your feet so stay still.”

 

I watch him as he massaged my foot. He looked like my personal servant massaging my foot.

 

“Do they still hurt?”He asked when he lifted up his head and met my eyes.

 

“I-It’s fine now.”I replied to him timidly.

 

“Good.” He replied and curved a smile before he put down my feet and got up.

 

I stare at him when he flashed that smile to me. If you don’t look on his eyes, you will think that he is really happy right now. I wonder why I saw a glint of sadness in his eyes.