Welcome Home, Am!

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER’s POV

 

As soon as the plane where we are boarding landed at the airport, all the memories start to flash back in my mind. The first person who crossed my mind is Krystal. I and Jie stayed in one hotel. She did invite Nickhun since I told her that I am not going with her in that wedding.

 

“What are you planning to do tomorrow?” Jiejie asked me while we are having dinner in the hotel’s restaurant.

 

“I think I’m going to tour around.” I replied to her.

 

“Aren’t you planning to pay a visit to her?” she asked me before she grab a bite on her food.

 

“Their house is one hour drive from here.” I answered her. “And I am not yet sure if she still living there.” I continued.

 

“Why don’t you just go there and find out.” Jie told me.

 

“I can’t just show up there.” I retorted.

 

“Why not? It’s been two years you dork! They don’t hold anything against you because of what you did because it’s been so long ago.” She said and scoffed.

 

“Two years is not that long.” I stated.

 

“730 days is a very long Yun.”she replied .

 

“You sounded like I just wasted two years of my life.” I said and scoffed.

 

“Haven’t you?” she asked me with raised brows.

 

“No, I didn’t.” I respond to her and she just shrugged her shoulders.

 

The next day, Jie attend the wedding with Nickhun while I on the other hand spend my time wandering in the streets. There are only a few things that had changed in the streets. I decided to visit the house that I and Krystal had lived together.

 

“I wonder who had bought it.” I mumbled as I looked at it through my car window.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I furrowed my brows when I saw a car parked outside my house. My eyes widened when I saw who had stepped out from it. I even slap myself to make sure that I am not dreaming. When I finally convinced myself, I hurriedly run outside. He was about to ring the doorbell when I opened the gate. He looked shock when he saw me.

 

“K-Krystal?”

 

“Yeah, it’s me.” I replied to him with a smile.

 

We both stare at each other’s eyes for a moment. He blinked his eyes twice before he regained his composure.

 

“So you bought this house.”He mumbled with a faint smile as he looked at the house. “It’s nice to see you again, Krys.” He continued when he settled his eyes to mine.

 

“Aren’t you going to hug me? It’s been two years since the last time we saw each other.” I said to him.

 

“Well…” He paused and I can see the reluctance in his eyes. He awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

 

I decided to just do the first move. I walk close to him and hug him. I hug him tightly because I really miss him so much. I miss his scent, I miss hearing his voice, I miss seeing his annoyed face and most of all, I miss his smile.

 

“You don’t know how much I miss you Am.” I said to him as I hug him tightly.

 

“I will be lying if I will say that I didn’t miss you too.”He replied as he wrapped his hands around my body.

 

Hearing his words draws a smile to my face. I want to make it a basis that he still loves me. I want to believe that he still does. We broke our hug and I invited him to come in. I keep the house the way it is when we lived here together.

 

“Wow, everything is still in place.” He said who looked fascinated.

 

“I like to keep it that way.” I spoke. “Have a seat.”

 

I sat down on the living chair while he sat down on the couch. I glance on his hand and I can’t see any wedding ring on it. It means he is not yet married.

 

“So, what brought you here?” I asked him which got me back his attention.

 

“Wedding.” He replied shortly which made me widened my eyes. I think I was wrong. “Pfft! Not my wedding, silly!”he continued and chuckled. I feel relieved when I heard what he said.

 

“So whose wedding is it?” I asked curiously.

 

“One of our business partner’s members of family I guess. Actually, only Jiejie was invited. She just asked me to come along with her going here.” He stated.

 

“And when is that wedding?”

 

“Today.”

 

“Today?” I asked because I got confuse.

 

“Yeah. But attending a strangers wedding is boring.”He said as he leaned back on the couch and slouch. “How about you?  When is your wedding date?”he questioned me without looking at me.

 

“It’s been almost two years now since I call off my engagement.” I answered which made him turned his head to me. “I’m single now.” I added with a smile.

 

He stared at me with widened eyes. Looking at his surprise face made me scoffed. I really find it funny. I caught him glancing on my hand.

 

“That explains why your hand looks without any ring on it.” He stated with a playful smile. I giggled in response. "I didn't expect that you will be the one who bough this house. I thought it was somebody else or a family maybe."

 

"I didn't bought this house." I informed him that made him furrowed his brows. "It was never been sold." I continued.

 

"What do you mean?" he asked looking puzzled.

 

"I chose to lived here. Hoping that the person I had been waiting will come home." I stated. "I'm glad that he finally did. Welcome home, Am!" I continued with a smile.