Ring

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER's POV

 

Krystal always goes out and I don't know where she always go. She left every morning and come back home every night. Who wants to marry a girl like that? Oh, a stupid one for sure. Thank you Lord for making me smart!

 

"Hello?" I said after I pick up my phone on the side table. I don't know who is calling me this early.

 

"Hello little brother!" I heard Jackie's voice.

 

"Jackie!" I groaned in annoyance.

 

"Oh, did I wake you up?"she asked and chuckled. "I forgot our time difference." she continued.

 

"Why are you calling me?" I asked groggily with a feeling of annoyance. I keep my eyes close because I am still sleepy.

 

"To tell you that Dad wants you to buy a ring for Krystal." she told me which made me furrowed my brows.

 

"With my own money?" I questioned.

 

"Duh! Of course!" she replied sarcastically.

 

Hmmm, fake and cheap one will do.

 

"Okay." I replied to her.

 

"Don't dare to buy a fake or a cheap one, Dad will be checking it." Jackie told me.

 

"Aish! I won't spend much for just a ring!" I complained as I open my eyes.

 

"Well tell that to our old folks." she replied and scoffed. "I thought you will be happy that you will marry Krystal but it seemed like, you are just really complying to what our parents really want."

 

"I am not the guy who will feel happy to marry her, Jack." I retaliated.

 

"I don't know, Dino. Well, make sure you will buy a ring for your fiancée. Bye!" she said and hanged up.

 

I let out a deep sigh and put back my phone on top of the side table. Well, I will just take it back after our divorce.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I'm excited to go out today but that excitement disappeared when the annoying guy told me that we are going to buy my ring today. I was force to cancel my already planned activities and accompany him. After our breakfast, we head to the mall and enter one jewelry store.

 

"Are you looking for a couple ring, Ma'am, Sir?" the sales lady asked us.

 

"A ring with big diamond stone that will fit her." he answeres her which made the lady looked at us with raised brows.

 

I don't blame her, all boyfriend surprise their girlfriends by their sudden proposals.

 

"O-Okay Sir." she said to him and I curve an awkward smile to her.

 

One couple entered the store followed by another. I think they came here to buy a couple ring. Unlike the other couples, you can't see any sweetness, happiness neither excitement in us. We waited for her to come back with the box of ring.

 

"Thank you for waiting, this is our newly designed ring." the lady said and show the ring.

 

Honestly, I liked it. Amber took the ring from its box and examined it. He looks like a ring examiner on the way how he looked at it. He then shifted his eyes to me.

 

"What?" I asked him.

 

I got surprised when he suddenly grab my left hand and slipped the ring on my finger. It fits perfectly and he stared on my hand.

 

"It fits." he mumbled. "How much is it?" he asked the lady when he turned to her.

 

"30 000 dollars Sir." the lady answered him and he nodded his head.

 

"Can we adjust the size of it? Like customize it if it get too small or big for the person who will wear it?" he asked her which made me raised my brows.

 

"Unfortunately, no Sir. That is it's fix size." she answered and he nodded his head.

 

“Do you like that one?” he questioned me.

 

“Why are you asking me?”I answered him and scoffed. I know that he will take if back from me someday since we already agreed to get divorce at the end.

 

“Because it is yours and you will be wearing it.” He told me and scoffed which got me surprise. “Well, it looks beautiful in your hand though so I will buy it.” he continued and shifted his eyes on the sales lady.

 

Other girls inside the store looked at us and I feel embarrass on the way they looked at me. We walked outside the store and I let out a deep sigh in relief.

 

“Don’t lose that ring, okay?” he told me which made me turn to him.

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t.”I answered him sarcastically.

 

“If you lose that, you will pay me double the price of it.”He threatens me and then flashed his annoying smirk.

 

“Whatever!”I answered and rolled my eyes on him. “Go home without me, I’m meeting a friend.” I told him.

 

“Friend? I thought you cancel all your plans today.” He answered me.

 

“Well, I didn’t cancel my meeting on this one.”I answered him. I take off the ring from my finger and hand it to him. “Keep it before I lost it.” I continued and handed back the ring to him.

 

He looked puzzled when I gave his ring back to him. I can feel his eyes on my back as I was walking away from him but I did not bother to look back. I really don’t want that ring to be seen by the person I’m meeting in my hand.