Rules

Lifetime Happiness

AUTHOR's POV

 

Krystal and Amber both sat at the backseat quietly. The awkward atmosphere is wrapped between them. Mr. Kang, their driver, is stealing glances on them on the front mirror. He finds it weird because he thought that the two are in good terms.  Amber on the other hand is mentally face-palming himself over and over again. Mr. Kang dropped them off on the house where they will live together alone.

 

“Thank you for taking us here, Mr. Kang.” Amber said to the driver after Krystal step out of the car.

 

“You’re welcome, Sir.” Mr. Kang answered. “Please take care of our Young Miss.” The driver added.

 

“Alright.” Amber just agreed with an awkward smile.

 

The house is not that big but it is beautiful and spacious enough for both of them. When he got inside, he saw Krystal sitting on the sofa with crossed arms. Her piercing eyes followed him as he made his way inside.

 

“You!”Krystal called with a stern voice which made Amber turn to her with raised brows. “We need to talk.” She added, sounding like a boss.

 

“Are we going to talk about how you will pay me?” Amber questioned jokingly to lighten up the mood when he sat down on the living chair. But the expression of the girl hadn’t changed nor the atmosphere between them.

 

“Don’t worry, I will definitely pay you!”Krystal replied with sarcasm.

 

“Cool!”Amber answered and forced a smile. “So what are we going to talk about?”

 

“We will have some rules inside this house.” Krystal started which made Amber raised his brows.

 

“Go on.” He spoke.

 

“First, mind your own business. Second, clean up your own mess. Last but not the least, avoid doing something that might disturb the other.” she spoke.

 

“I’m fine with it.”Amber replied and nodded his head in agreement.

 

“Whoever breaks any of those rules will be kicked out.”Krystal continued.

 

“I like that idea!” Amber remarked curving his dorky smile.

 

Krystal just rolled her eyes in response to him and got up from her seat.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

Aish! I can’t believe that I am living with that kind of guy. Worst comes to worst he is my ing FIANCE! Oh my God! I can’t imagine living the rest of my life with him. I don’t care if he is handsome, his attitude is not so my type. He is annoying, cocky and a dork. I dialed my friend’s number after I took a quick shower.

 

“Sull, where are you? I just got back in Korea.” I said to her.

 

“Omo! Really? We are here in the café nearby our University.” she answered.

 

“Don’t leave yet. I will be going there.” I said to her.

 

“Okay, we will be waiting for you then.” She answered me. “I miss you, Jungie!”she exclaimed.

 

“I miss you too, Sull.”I replied and giggled.

 

I changed my clothes and head downstairs. The stupid guy is in the living room, he keeps switching the channels on the TV. He turned his head to me and looked at me.

 

“Where are you going?” he questioned me.

 

“First rule!” I answered to him and head straight to the main door.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

It’s impossible! It’s really really impossible for us to get along with each other. If she is north, I am south. She’s dark, I am light. She hates me and I feel the same way to her. She’s not gentle, not sweet, not lovely, and not friendly. I can’t be with a girl like that! I turn off the TV and lie on the couch. I stare on the ceiling. I think we will get married then divorce the next day.

 

“Hello?” I answered my phone lazily when it rings.

 

“Hello little bro!”Jackie greeted me happily.

 

“Hi Jack, this is the first time I feel glad that you called me.”I said to her happily. “I’m dying in boredom here.” I continued.

 

“Why? Where is your fiancée?”she questioned me.

 

“She’s minding her own business.”I answered her. “Let’s not talk about her,okay?”

 

“If you say so.”Jackie answered and giggled.

 

“Jack, if in case Dad and Mom will cut me off in our family, will you take me in or adopt me?” I questioned her.

 

“Maybe, but I will make you my servant.” she answered coldly and laugh which made me cry in silence.

 

“Why does all of you are mean to me?” I whined to her.

 

“Because we love to bully you.”she answered me.

 

“I’m hanging up.” I answered her and end the call.

 

I let out a deep sigh. I think nobody cares for me. I close my eyes and decided to go to sleep. I think in my dream, I will find someone who really cares for me and comfort me in my misery. I did fell asleep and when I open my eyes again, my whole body is sore. I bend my head on the side and looked at my watch to check the time.

 

“What the hell! It’s already 3 A.M!” I exclaimed in disbelief.

 

I missed dinner and I’m sure I won’t be able to go back to sleep again. That heartless girl didn’t even bother to wake me up for dinner. Oh yeah, the first rule! Well the heck with it! Aish!