Rivals

Lifetime Happiness

AMBER’s POV

 

Krystal came back with a faint smile on her face. I think she feel out of place earlier. I mentally slapped myself for not realizing that. She sat back on her seat and we began to eat. We are having this awkward atmosphere while we are eating our dinner.

 

“So Krys, how long do you know Luna and Sulli?” I questioned her to get rid of this awkward atmosphere.

 

“10 years.” She answered shortly.

 

“Wow, no wonder you three are very close.” I remarked.

 

“People get close even in a very short period of time.” she retorted.

 

“If they understand each other and get along pretty well.” Ailee-noona spoke with a smile.

 

“Right.” Krystal agreed in a flat tone of voice.

 

“Well, I think time doesn’t matter then.” I mumbled.

 

We bid our goodbye to Ailee-noona after we finished our dinner. I think Krystal isn’t in a bad mood right now and I don’t have any idea why. I think she got bored hanging out with me or maybe she just missed her boyfriend.

 

“You and Ailee-noona are very close now.” She suddenly spoke when we get inside the car.

 

“Uhm…I guess.” I answered and laugh awkwardly.

 

“Other people who doesn’t know your real relationship will think that you two are couples.”she stated.

 

“I think they will see us more like siblings.”I replied.

 

“Siblings don’t kiss on the lips.” she retorted which caught me off guard.

 

“H-How…”

 

“I was in the same club with you at that time.” She cut me off.

 

I got speechless when I heard what she said. She looked away from me and focused her eyes in front. What she said next breaks my heart a little and made me convinced myself that she really doesn’t have any feelings for me.

 

“I know you love her and I will be happy if you will end up with Ailee-unnie.”she stated with a faint smile.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

My chest tightens after I utter those words. I know deep inside my heart that what I said are lies. I’m pissed and I hated everything right now. I hated what I am feeling and I hated the situation I place myself into. I’m confused and I think I will lose my mind.

 

“You are not one of those other people so you are not supposed to misunderstand our relationship. She was already drunk at that time and she just kissed me.” he spoke said with a serious tone of his voice.

 

I turn my head to him and I noticed something in his eyes. He starts the engine and drove away. Our whole ride is filled with silence on our way back home. We are in this situation again. We are like strangers sitting inside the car.

 

“Good night!”he said to me with a faint smile on his face when we arrived in our house.

 

“Good night.” I replied to him before he went upstairs.

 

Those are the last words that we said to each other this night. Seeing his back while he is walking his way upstairs made me feel like as if he is drifting away from me. I created a huge gap between us and I don’t know how to close it. I don’t know what the right words to say to him. Every time I say something to him, the more I feel that he is getting further away from me.

 

“I’m sorry, Amber.” I mumbled under my breath when the look in his eyes earlier flashed back in my mind.

 

I know I should say that in front of him but I’m afraid that I won’t be able to utter those words but instead say different words instead. I know that I hurt him so many times and I don’t blame him if he will stay away from me.

 

“Krys, can you invite Amber-oppa to eat with us today?” Sulli asked me while we are walking our way into our last class in the morning with Luna.

 

“I don’t think we have the same lunch break time, Sull.” I answered her and I can see the disappointment in her eyes.

 

“Can I ask for his number?”she replied to me with a smile.

 

“Eh? This is the first time you ask for a guy’s number, Sull.” Luna and giggled.

 

“He is funny. I like him a lot.”Sulli said and grinned.

 

“Yah! You are not allowed to flirt on him.” I yelled at her.

 

“And why not?” she asked me with raised brows and Luna is looking at me with the same expression as Sulli.

 

“Because…”

 

“Because what?”Luna asked curiously.

 

“He is my friend.”I answered. They looked at me weirdly and then they both laugh.

 

“For a moment there, I thought you like him.” Luna remarked and giggled.

 

“Amber-oppa is still single so I think there’s nothing wrong if I pursue him.”Sulli stated.

 

“He is still single alright, but he has someone special.” I said to her.

 

“She’s just his special and I can be his someone he can’t live without.” Sulli retorted. “I love challenges so I don’t mind having a tough rival. In fact, that would be more exciting. Winning a guy’s heart who seemed to belong with someone else.” she continued and grinned.

 

I should be the one saying those words but I know it is wrong. I already have a fiancé on my own. Should I back off or I will compete with Ailee-unnie and Sulli in winning Amber’s heart? Maybe I will compete for the place of being the special at the same time the most important girl which he can’t live without.

 

“Too late for you, Sull. I think someone has already win Amber-oppa’s heart.” Luna said and we looked at the direction she is looking at.